August Q&A Session - Question Submission (8/13/18)

Comments

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    1. Can you fix tier Mastery? It’s outdated. And lower tier should not be penalized with worse rewards. They should get good rewards so they can get good content and build into higher tiers by using their better content.

2. What is the plan for bug fixes?

3. Can we have story mode updated? I suggested that story mode might be a solution to lack of content. Open up one chapter of story mode for a week. Players grind on that and try get everything three can. Then lock it and open up the next chapter for a week, and so on. When you hit the last chapter, restart and reset all objectives. Problem of lack of content, crystals and runes - solved!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Froggy said:
    1. Can you fix tier Mastery? It’s outdated. And lower tier should not be penalized with worse rewards. They should get good rewards so they can get good content and build into higher tiers by using their better content.

Don't think of it as lower tiers being penalized with worse rewards, think of it as higher tiers being rewarded with better rewards.  Otherwise, why tier up?  If everyone got the same rewards, then what reason would you have to move on to higher tiers?  

I agree the system needs an overhaul, but I don't think its because of the rewards.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Mburn7 said:
    Froggy said:

Don't think of it as lower tiers being penalized with worse rewards, think of it as higher tiers being rewarded with better rewards.  Otherwise, why tier up?  If everyone got the same rewards, then what reason would you have to move on to higher tiers?  

I agree the system needs an overhaul, but I don't think its because of the rewards.
    Maybe. But if it took you 20 years to get enough pinkies for a 400 Pack, you will take a little longer to tier up. But if there was a faster way for newer players to get good cards, they would tier up faster. I doubt any player worth his salt would pull a killer card and not use it. But of course there may be other ways to go about it. I guess they should do anything with it at this point.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. Could we please get clarification on why summon objectives sometimes count tokens, and sometimes do not, with the goal of fixing them so that we are not caught by surprise and caused to fail an objective due to inconsistent wording and application?

2. Is it time yet to explore alternate game modes, like being able to play against coalitionmates' decks (not live PVP, but the AI piloting them) for no reward aside from fun?

3. Can we please get two Training Grounds?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Just a friendly reminder for everyone to please only post your top 3 questions. Many players have questions, and it's only fair that everyone gets an equal shot at having theirs answered by the team. This also helps us collate questions into a manageable document for them to review.

In addition, this thread is only for question submissions. If you wish to discuss a specific topic in depth, please start a separate thread. Thank you!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    *Just a friendly reminder for everyone to please only post your top 3 questions. Many players have questions, and it's only fair that everyone gets an equal shot at having theirs answered by the team. This also helps us collate questions into a manageable document for them to review.

In addition, this thread is only for question submissions. If you wish to discuss a specific topic in depth, please start a separate thread. Thank you!

Sorry @b@Brigby I've edited my post to 3. 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    1) Story mode.  Please?

2) Can we move away from 3000 brackets now that high reward events are more commonplace?  I'm willing to sacrifice some rewards for less stressful brackets.

3) What's the plan for earlier set and legacy elite packs?  It's inconsistent at the moment, but I like the option.

Thanks.

Late Edit: To clarify point 2 as it was apparently ambiguous: Can we have something OTHER than 3k brackets as a PvP option?  The only PvP we have gotten the past few cycles have all been the 3k format.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    James13 said:

2) Can we move away from 3000 brackets now that high reward events are more commonplace?  I'm willing to sacrifice some rewards for less stressful brackets.

I think you mean you want other people to sacrifice some rewards so that you can have easier brackets.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    1) what is you plan for runes acquisition?
    2) what are your plans with the theme decks? They can't be edited, are useless and serve no purpose.
    3) the fate of m19
  • BruceLoosey
    BruceLoosey Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Have you guys ever thought of running a double runes event? What about any sort of fan appreciation? 
    This is the only game I play that does not even try to make people excited. 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    babar3355 said:
    James13 said:

I think you mean you want other people to sacrifice some rewards so that you can have easier brackets.
    ?  What prompted this odd attempt at characterization?
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    James13 said:
    babar3355 said:
    James13 said:

?  What prompted this odd attempt at characterization?
    Well, I just presumed that you weren't consistently finishing at the top of the leader-boards or you would probably find the event exhilarating rather than exhausting.  Personally, those are the types of events that keep me playing the game and I certainly don't want to go back to the 60 crystal top prizes of last year, despite the 250-500 bracket pool.

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    *Just a friendly reminder for everyone 

[...snip...]

[MOD MIC ON] Please reserve this thread for questions only. Further discussion will result in warnings. Thank you. [//MOD MIC OFF]
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    1- Remove artwork view during gameplay. It´s cause bugs. Iphone´s users don´t have "back button" and it force you exit game.
    2- Legacy boostercraft per sets. If standard is separated per set, why not legacy too? 
    3- We should not play legacy events with standard cards (RotGP). 
  • HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    1: why are events so sparse ? I liked having a coalition and a non coalition event on the weekend. Especially in the case of last weekend, where we had almost 24 hours with nothing but tg. I would really enjoy having pve and pvp during the week rather than one or the other. 

2: bruh, them rewards. Why is there no attention paid to them. After months we got the totp rewards changed to relevant packs , but ai still gives ixalan packs and now we have a standard coalition event scheduled that involves only legacy cards and gives legacy cards as prizes. I don't think any of us are actually OK with that. 

3: dem runes , though. We have been bombarded with planeswalkers since ixalan , including 2 320k cost beasts. There is no way to acquire runes that is respectful of our time . 1300 heroic encounters to level bolas to 60. 650 for teferi. But hey, a cool 325 to Max your jaya. Help a brother/sister/gender rebel out .
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    1. Can you make events doable in every time zone? Increasing the max number of charges and giving an extended time at the end with no refreshes seems a good direction to go. Of course giving all the charges upfront would be the best for players

2. Can you increase the frequency of non-coalition events? Those are the salt of the game and it would be nice to have a new one starting every day. PvE in particular.

3. Can you give some love to coalitions? Seasonal leaderboard (like @ninjark asked) or being able to fight coalition mates would be amazing
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    1. How will you make the wording on cards and the rules more consistent? If there is consistency, we can apply the ruleset ourselves. The surprise inconsistencies really limit our strategies. 
    2. How will you fix the bugs and errors that make us lose games or charges? The leaderboards should not be dictated by being lucky enough to not encounter bugs or errors.
    3. How will you fix event end times in a way that everyone can finish all their charges (if they choose to do so), but won't be restricted by the timezone they live in? 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018

1. Can you show us a couple of decks using Reliquary tower effectively and discuss the reason behind its design and intended purpose?

2. Will we be seeing new events made by Oktagon that are specifically designed for Legacy?

3. Can we have a sandbox format that allows a very short timed invite for another player? Members of coalitions and friends would love to play against each other live.

• Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    1) what are the plans for story Mode? (maybe conversion of past events to story )
    2) when we can expect changes to.the way tiers are calculated? 
    3) when masterpieces for rix and xln are available in boosters? Rix packs are in vault but still 0% chance for MP) 
This discussion has been closed.