Rise of the God Awful Pharaoh

Options

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I agree with Kinesia 100% — in fact I’m double grinding it just because it’s so easy. Also the new standard and new objectives inspired me to step way outside of my box. I beat Bolas in less than 10 minutes with creatures! 

• Zephlon
    Zephlon Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm guessing Sphinxs Decree, Immortal Sun,  Primals' Glorious Rebirth, Gather the pack,  etc?
  • bk1234
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Zephlon said:
    I'm guessing Sphinxs Decree, Immortal Sun,  Primals' Glorious Rebirth, Gather the pack,  etc?
    In a lot of testing this week, IS was terrible in this deck because the entire strategy's revolves around Karn’s ultimate. In the end I went with this: 

• Zephlon
    Zephlon Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I run a karn deck with the aforementioned pieces and it's wonderful. RR seems like overkill since his imminent doom doesn't matter with decree down. I do wish I had the spyglass, though. It would make my version faster. 
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Zephlon said:
    In a lot of testing this week, IS was terrible in this deck because the entire strategy's revolves around Karn’s ultimate. In the end I went with this: 

<Deck>

You just wait until you've got yourself a Luminarch's Ascension.Tee hee hee!

*waits quietly for Luminarch's Ascension thread to be split off from this one, and to get another warning off Brigby for derailing threads*
    I've pulled Lumi and decree of justice as my only masterpieces. Lumi doesn't need Sigil or Resplendent angel to ramp. In the hands of Huatli with Ghalta and cheap mana gain supports is my fastest deck in standard now. Bolas level has always been tedious. Once his hand is full its  pretty much a given to ding him down. I might try that deck but I have use ISun as I don't have the spyglass. Teferi with Lumi, both Decrees, IS, Nyx, Antiquities of War for good measure(3rd story can bounce off Lumi), Lyra... Hmmm
  • bk1234
    Options
    Zephlon said:
    I run a karn deck with the aforementioned pieces and it's wonderful. RR seems like overkill since his imminent doom doesn't matter with decree down. I do wish I had the spyglass, though. It would make my version faster. 
    RR is only in there for the spells objective. It’s nice because it can wipe all of his supports. I cast it twice in the match I posted. Would like to put another spell in, but this one buys time getting the set up right. 
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Everybody already said that:
    - little changes made the first round interesting
    - all the other 30+ matches are redundant, boring and grindy
    - the rewards are lame compared to the effort
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My main qualm about this event is that for an event about Amonkhet, why the hell are we not using any Amonkhet cards?

Really....
  • arevala
    arevala Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Please, any ideas to beat Bolas? Im stuck there :( New standard is just awful

• SinisterOne
    SinisterOne Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Options
    arevala said:

I run with Ob Nixilis against him. I build up his ultimate and use the following deck.

Supports: (5)

Raiders Wake
    Dragon's Hoard
    Submerged Boneyard 
    Zhalfirin Void 
    Sorcerer's Wand 

Spells (5)

Vraska's Contempt
    Duress
    Mind Rot
    Divest
    Nightsnare 

I would run the 6 mana discard rare spell from Origins over Divest if I had it. 

Strategy is simple get Ultimate and Wake out spam discard spells draw either via Hoard or first ability. Hold a Contempt for his one creature. It will take a little while to it will beat him every time.

Wand isn't a must have but the 2 damage a turn does help.

Nightsnare is in to get the last goal (3 spells costing 12+)
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    arevala said:

I run with Ob Nixilis against him. I build up his ultimate and use the following deck.

Raiders Wake
    Dragon's Hoard
    Submerged Boneyard 
    Zhalfirin Void 
    Sorcerer's Wand 

Spells (5)

Vraska's Contempt
    Duress
    Mind Rot
    Divest
    Nightsnare 

Strategy is simple get Ultimate and Wake out spam discard spells draw either via Hoard or first ability. Hold a Contempt for his one creature. It will take a little while to it will beat him every time.

Try to fit in Masterminds Acqusition and steal Imminent Doom from Bolas. Makes it a bit faster.
  • SinisterOne
    SinisterOne Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    arevala said:

Raiders Wake
    Dragon's Hoard
    Submerged Boneyard 
    Zhalfirin Void 
    Sorcerer's Wand 

Spells (5)

Vraska's Contempt
    Duress
    Mind Rot
    Divest
    Nightsnare 

Try to fit in Masterminds Acqusition and steal Imminent Doom from Bolas. Makes it a bit faster.
    I haven't gotten that one yet. Missing 4 Uncommons from RIX and that is one of them unfortunately, but when I get it I'll definitely give it a shot.
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ob

demonic pact
    dark bargin 
    mastermind asquistion 

everything is just fluff 
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    BATMAN1 said:
    Ob

demonic pact
    dark bargin 
    mastermind asquistion 

everything is just fluff 
    *everything else is just fluff 
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    arevala said:

Raiders Wake
    Dragon's Hoard
    Submerged Boneyard 
    Zhalfirin Void 
    Sorcerer's Wand 

Spells (5)

Vraska's Contempt
    Duress
    Mind Rot
    Divest
    Nightsnare 

Oh man, that is SUCH a good idea!
  • bk1234
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Rhasget said:
    arevala said:

Raiders Wake
    Dragon's Hoard
    Submerged Boneyard 
    Zhalfirin Void 
    Sorcerer's Wand 

Spells (5)

Vraska's Contempt
    Duress
    Mind Rot
    Divest
    Nightsnare 

Oh man, that is SUCH a good idea!
    In my alt I’m using it to steal swarm and push out the bug spells. 
  • arevala
    arevala Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    ok guys, finally i ve made it very nice with teferi, full control and long match, but bolas has nothing to kill supports, so teferi's 3rd ability ends up wining by itself
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This event sucks...

The ai has access to HOU cards....You dont. Dumbest thing ever!
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
        Yeah ... Bolas has become quite a pain for those who dont own ob nixilis and whose card collection isn't really solid. Two players in my coalition took more than 200 turns to defeat him using direct damage spells ...