Rise of the God Awful Pharaoh

Options

Comments

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Have you seen the last update of the MtGPQ Sneak Peek: August 2018 Edition?

We have Return of the God Pharao from friday to wednesday, boring to die, isn't it?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74467/mtgpq-sneak-peek-august-2018-edition-updated-8-14-18/p1
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I want this event to clean up my garden. There is so much weed, I just don't find time to do it myself recently. If the event is occupied too, please send it away to a self-finding trip in Mongolia.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Have you seen the last update of the MtGPQ Sneak Peek: August 2018 Edition?

We have Return of the God Pharao from friday to wednesday, boring to die, isn't it?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74467/mtgpq-sneak-peek-august-2018-edition-updated-8-14-18/p1
    He'll run out of health on Monday
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lets hope it’s legacy and not Standard
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Grixis197 said:
    Lets hope it’s legacy and not Standard
    Nope.

Return of the God-Pharaoh 
    • Coalition Event
    • Boss Health: 3,500,000
    • Deck Restrictions: Origins, Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria, Core Set 2019
    • Opt-In Time: 8/17/18 10:00am UTC
    • Start Time: 8/17/18 4:00pm UTC
    • End Time: 8/22/18 4:00pm UTC or when boss is defeated
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At this point forcing it to standard is the only thing that makes it interesting.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So it is standard and rewards remain as HOU boosters, except of course the first origins one.
  • Rhasget
    Options
    When you see the rewards for one of the longest events compared to the new ones from DOM that are the shortest, you see how bad they are.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    Options

I still can not believe we will be forced to play this event that way. We'll have to play against legacy bosses only with standard cards ...  And the prize pool is legacy HOU boosters....That sounds like a bug. I would rather have the event canceled. 
  • OperaSM
    OperaSM Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Just compared RotG-P ladder prizes to Journey though History event for platinum level:

JtT: 30 pinkies, 65 crystals, 2050 runes, 2 DOM boosters, DOM rare

RotG-P: 30 pinkies, 60 crystals, 3000 runes, basic booster, 2 HOU boosters (plus whatever coalition prizes you get)

Interesting that for less than an hour's work to reach max progression on JtT that one earns arguable better prizes than for a weekend's worth of play... Two things I take away from this:

1. They are increasing prize payout for newer events, which is good.
    2. They are not changing payouts of older events to be in line with newer events, including the update to Standard relevant boosters for standard events.

As Babar said in start of thread, I would also love if this just became an mid-week non-coalition Legacy event (something I feel we need more of offered) rather than a Standard weekend flagship coalition event. I would happily play it there and accept it for what it now is: a PvE event using Legacy carpool where one should be able to use Legacy cards to combat it.
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This event is lame, the rewards lame and the willingness of the dev team to run this event, lame. (I hope this is on topic) 
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't mind doing this event again, even with how many times it has already been played.  It's pretty low-effort.  The two big bosses, Razaketh and Bolas, are trivial to most creatureless strategies.  Perfect scores are very achievable with the new objectives.

But we've been getting almost no opportunity for M19 reward packs.  This would have been the time to give out M19 packs.  Even outside of the pack rewards, the value from scoring well this weekend will be pretty weak compared to the time invested.

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
        The dev team took time to rethink and reprogram objectives and set restrictions, but they "unfortunately" forgot to change rewards and boosters... Wow! How distracted people can be sometimes ...
        The most scary part is that they probably plan to rehash it a bunch of times on top of it ... What would be the point of changing secundaries otherwise ...?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bil said:
        The dev team took time to rethink and reprogram objectives and set restrictions, but they "unfortunately" forgot to change rewards and boosters... Wow! How distacted people can be sometimes ...
        The most scary part is that they probably plan to rehash it a bunch of times on top of it ... What would be the point of changing secundaries otherwise ...?
    I mean, of course they plan on rehashing it a bunch of time.  There aren't any other PvE events to use!  The Journey through DOM (or whatever its called) is a bit too small for a marquee coalition event, and Battle of the Four Armies Tribes is also getting old already.  That's what happens when instead of making a new PvP AND PvE for each set, you start doing OR
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Look on the bright side: it could have 5 nodes and (from past experience) be bugged beyond rationality. If d3 change reward structure i have no doubt that bugs had made it unplayable. Someone posted meme about 99 bugs and fixing one. 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Bil said:
        The dev team took time to rethink and reprogram objectives and set restrictions, but they "unfortunately" forgot to change rewards and boosters... Wow! How distacted people can be sometimes ...
    I mean, of course they plan on rehashing it a bunch of time.  There aren't any other PvE events to use!  The Journey through DOM (or whatever its called) is a bit too small for a marquee coalition event, and Battle of the Four Armies Tribes is also getting old already.  That's what happens when instead of making a new PvP AND PvE for each set, you start doing OR

When i used the "probably" word it was actually hoping they will change their mind soon enough ... I would much rather see BOFT actually ... Grindy indeed, but with meaningful, standard rewards to justify the time investment.
       If nothing else just give us another AJTH instead of RotgP. For the same rewards (standard on top of it) we could have better use of our weekends ...
  • Buizel
    Buizel Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    by the time i killed one of the end bosses I already celebrated the release of the 4th set of ravnica  
  • Rhasget
    Options
    To spice it up I decided to challenge myself so I limit myself to Mono PWs and pauper only. I like to deckbuild so that part was fun but I suspect it will be the usual grind when you have finished the first fight on all opponents.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is why I call it the Dog Pharaoh Event.

Sit!!

Down boy!

Roll!...     I said Roll!!!!!

Now run 25 laps around the city block. (Waits 3 hours).

Good boy! Here’s a single cookie and no pat on the head as you didn’t come in first! Fido did!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's weird, for me the _only_ effort is the first fight, setting up the decks. Actually playing the rest of the games takes no work at all and can be done while watching TV so doesn't take much time either...

This is an old comfortable friend dressed up in new clothes. Sure it's a shame the rewards aren't updated but it's not _hard_, it's not an _effort_, it's relaxing and easy!