Rise of the God Awful Pharaoh

Options
babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
Please raise your hand if you are excited about this event running again?  To be fair, I would love it as a converted non-coalition mid week event.  

However, there are some things that really makes me dread this event.

1. The rewards are lower than other events..  All of the newer events have good progression and solid rewards for individuals and coalitions. This one gives a whooping 50 jewels for top 2 coalitions and rapidly gets much worse from there.
2.  The boosters they are giving away are not even in standard.  HOU booster have practically no value to me.   
3. The finite event life cycle is annoying and leads to horrible end times for at least 1/3 of the planet.
4.  We lost the ability to play the same cards we are facing. Facing Bolas will be more a test of willpower and fortitude to kill him with very weak creatureless options, rather than creative and enjoyable methods.
5.  We have played this event SOOO many times.  Changing the card pool and adjusting the objectives did not do nearly enough to freshen up the experience.  It just brings me back to the dark days where we didn't have a developer and were pleading for some legacy events and god forbid another RotGP.

Anyway, if they can't audible and give us a better event this week, I hope they at least retire this one after this weekend.

Comments

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes to all.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm looking forward to it a bit, but that's because I got super lucky and pulled Ball Lightning from a 400 jewel purple pack (I had none of the mythics+). Angrath Journey to Eternity and discard versus Bolas is gonna be fun! The rest is gonna be a meaningless grind for mediocre rewards though…
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't mind the event since the new objectives are actually kind of fun to play around with.

I do agree that most of the hatred toward this event comes from the fact that for months it was literally the only event.  Sadly, the lack of new PvE events they could run in its stead (only 2 have come out in the last 4 sets) means we'll be seeing it for a while.  If it gave standard packs (ideally DOM or M19) that would be fine, I guess.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes this is event is in for way to long. Dev-ateam need way more creative power I think.

But this event is much easier than in the past. Theare are way more powerful cards and pw tjan before and creatureless isn't the only way to beat bolas.

But yes the rewards are awful and don't reflect the efforts neither the point that's the only event on weekend. 

Since release of m19 the plan seems to be, the player get more exited about buying new cards for cash and crystals, than playing with them. Boring. 
    Btw. NOD and so are a pain in the **** too. 

Newer event's please!
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Please raise your hand if you are excited about this event running again?  To be fair, I would love it as a converted non-coalition mid week event.  

However, there are some things that really makes me dread this event.

1. The rewards are lower than other events..  All of the newer events have good progression and solid rewards for individuals and coalitions. This one gives a whooping 50 jewels for top 2 coalitions and rapidly gets much worse from there.
    2.  The boosters they are giving away are not even in standard.  HOU booster have practically no value to me.   
    3. The finite event life cycle is annoying and leads to horrible end times for at least 1/3 of the planet.
    4.  We lost the ability to play the same cards we are facing. Facing Bolas will be more a test of willpower and fortitude to kill him with very weak creatureless options, rather than creative and enjoyable methods.
    5.  We have played this event SOOO many times.  Changing the card pool and adjusting the objectives did not do nearly enough to freshen up the experience.  It just brings me back to the dark days where we didn't have a developer and were pleading for some legacy events and god forbid another RotGP.

Anyway, if they can't audible and give us a better event this week, I hope they at least retire this one after this weekend.
    6. The last  RotGP event was extremely bugged. We do not want to go through this again. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love this event. I already stated testing decks.
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hahahahaha finally, last time this event played everyone thrashed me for hating on it. A question for Bken what events do you not like?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BATMAN1 said:
    Hahahahaha finally, last time this event played everyone thrashed me for hating on it. A question for Bken what events do you not like?
    All PvP except for TDW because it feels like PvE. 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love the RotGP.

But then I love PvE and loathe most PvP.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll put in the effort necessary to help my coalition progress, and then I shall be playing other games.
  • babar3355
    Options
    I liked this event too... a year ago when it was first released.  Although it still had lame prizes compared to other content.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    I liked this event too... a year ago when it was first released.  Although it still had lame prizes compared to other content.
    Yeah, I gave up on being super competitive here a long time ago.  Only started clearing all the nodes again because I joined a better coalition.  The new objectives basically make it a new event, though.  So its not all bad.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I want to second the call to make sure this event at the least runs smoothly. And yes, rewards need an update - at the very least lets get standard packs. If you want to differentiate the rewards from other events, make this the RUNE event! How about everyone walks away from this event with like, 40K runes?
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The only way to make it attractive is improving the rewards with standard (Dominaria or M19) boosters and higher amount of runes, crystals and jewels.

This event is old, almost everyone have played it more than anyone else and just changing objectives and sets restrictions does not make it new.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    The only way to make it attractive is improving the rewards with standard (Dominaria or M19) boosters and higher amount of runes, crystals and jewels.

This event is old, almost everyone have played it more than anyone else and just changing objectives and sets restrictions does not make it new.
    Make it a unique Bolas Boss style event.

By this, I mean.  You start with the HP of Boss Bolas (~500hp), you also have his deck.  Your objective is to play through each node once, your HP does not regenerate between matches.

That I would play.
  • babar3355
    Options
    rafalele said:

Make it a unique Bolas Boss style event.

By this, I mean.  You start with the HP of Boss Bolas (~500hp), you also have his deck.  Your objective is to play through each node once, your HP does not regenerate between matches.

That I would play.
    Creative content?  Nah, lets just ask them to cast another x spells or play another y supports for eternity!
  • HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's a bit weird that this event is still in rotation . It's nice that the objectives changed , but it happened right before the set attached to the event rotated out. I developed a distaste for this event 6 or 8 months ago during the dark period where we got this event every week, rain or shine . I'm a little perplexed as to why we're not playing a new pve event this week. I'd also have been perfectly fine with the dragon war running again, as those rewards were nice and the event had a nice feel. Even with the bugs . This game is super buggy . That is obviously never going to change. I've just accepted it and stopped letting it bother me. I really feel like the dev team bit off more than they can chew . Keeping up with releases has taken priority above all else and the game is starting to suffer. It's one thing to occasionally run an event like avacyn's madness as a coalition event. It's a nice change, still has the old prize structure . I need more hou like I need a hole in the head . Why isn't there a new pve? On the upside, I can still get through this event in my sleep. That means those sweet sweet dupe rares shall be mine! Weeeeee. 
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm also for stopping this event to be the weekend coalition event. We can have it, yes, midweek as a pve event only