Favorite Quality of Life Change

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Wanted to start a positive thread, so please share:

Which QoL change has impacted your game the most positively?

Also, please feel free to suggest the change you'd like to see next for your game.

Favorite Quality of Life Change 132 votes

24hr Refresh on PvE Nodes
15%
Bowgentleslaxer723Dartmaster01abmorazsirwookieechrisSymmeTreyneodukeStevO-Jjackstar0professorplum9Jarvindtph_jamesThe rockettThe Viceroy ReturnsKevmcgcrackninjajameshskittledaddyPersephoneWilhelm_Scream 21 votes
SHIELD Clearance Levels in PvE/PvP
5%
zulux21Nick441234Lopan15Player1575bbiglerWumpushunterVins2 7 votes
Cover Saving
27%
burrichIridiousjanderlickwhitecat31chrisHJangoLoreJoritTrerasLLohmn25phillydlegendary0nemaguirenumber6JaedenkaalbrollCormackieRaudrobertbahRod5HistamielPFellah 36 votes
Champions
35%
Dragon_NexusafsplatSolidQrixmithkillercoolbabinroatomzedPunter1Jexmanpillaroffaith23ejmusxidragonxiPongieudonomefooDaichesrdvargas1optimus2861WarbringaSTOPTHISMeander 47 votes
Win-based PvP
9%
antreas1911AardvarkPepperMoosePrimeSteve111Sim MayorScreen MonkeyRayElwoodPyram7BzhaiDanielleLbarrokRoland8 12 votes
Other - Please mention what I forgot!
5%
PuceMooseColognoisseurwymtimeZootSaxCCW1208bluewolfRogue4Lyfe 7 votes
No preference/Neutral
1%
DormammuContinuedClock 2 votes

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champions
    Champs will always be my favorite since it gives us reason not to soft cap, but huge negative on it also that the system is pretty much worthless when it comes to five stars.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    For someone who was around a long time ago... the move away from the 2.5-hour refresh on PVE nodes is probably still the greatest QOL adjustment of all time. It's almost hard to believe it was ever setup that way.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never witnessed the ungodly 2.5 hour node refreshes, but I found even 8-hour refreshes ridiculous. People talking about setting alarms to wake up in the middle of the night to grind and I'm just like "bruh."
  • Lefeux
    Lefeux Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Lefeux said:
    wymtime said:
    I put other and the best quality of life change was turning off animations.  This his took my play time down significantly.  Opening and closing subs on PVP can now take me less than 40 min each when before they would take an hour +. Sometimes closing used to take 90 min to 2 hours.   With no animations PVP goes faster as well.
    Now if they would only get rid of the opening animations when you use boosts. I bloody well know what boosts I am using. I chose the damn things the screen prior.
    Unless you forgot and left them on all bloody day by tapping through that prior screen. >.>
    No I used them in PVP where time really is of the essence sometimes. :)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, it was probably the standardization of PVE progression rewards and/or the addition of 4* covers to PVE progression.  Especially back when 3* covers were top progression, it was anyone's guess how many clears were needed to obtain progression (or, in a few cases, if the top progression was obtainable outside the Top 10-20 players who were doing near-optimal clears) and the 3*-->4* was practically impossible for more casual players.  Even though I didn't like the backloading of rewards when they raised the progression from four to five clears, at least now you know exactly what you need to do to obtain each progression reward and can decide whether or not you find the effort worth it.

As an honorable mention, the removal of community scaling was also a hugely positive change.  As a 1* player during community scaling, it's hard to over-emphasize how disheartening it was to face Lv300+ goons in PVE, especially when you only had five health packs.  True story: the first time I faced Lv395 opponents (then the maximum opponent level), my team was a partially-covered Lv70 2* Thor, Lv50 IM35 and a (missing one cover--I think purple) Lv 35 1* Black Widow,. 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    The removal of tapping has allowed me to go from being a maybe Top 50 PVE player to consistently Top 50 and occasionally Top 5  depending on the essential list.  Soooo happy.  
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    If you guys don't remember getting up every couple hours to do a pve clear then feel fortunate. This is hands down the best QoL change this game has ever seen. Champs, cover saving, and shield rank were great to though. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    SHIELD Clearance Levels in PvE/PvP
    Wasn't around before it was 24 hour refreshes, or that would have been my choice. Went with SCL as it got rid of roster scaling meaning clears could be done in a more acceptable amount of time. 
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Win-based PvP
    Win based PVP.

Felt PVP wasn't worth it since I couldn't place and kept not being able to get the progression rewards. If I did play them it was the last 30 minutes so they couldn't keep hitting me (I don't want to use HP on shields). I'd try to get the first 3 progession rewards, maybe the 4th.

Now I still don't place (usually, I have surprisingly got top 50 I think once or twice) but I can get the progressions. How far I get depends on how much time I have and interest in the specific PVP. But I usually try for at least 10 wins. And if I can get more that's awesome. Oh and I was able to get the 75 wins for the simulator last season. First time I ever got all the progression rewards there. :)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champions
    It was very, very hard to choose between champions and cover saving...but I had to go with champions since they gives out immediate tangable rewards. Cover saving, while fantastic, is mostly a service. It's you trying to climb a wall and someone gives you a boost, but they steal your shoes while they do it.

24 hour refresh was also damn tasty, too. 8 hours was bleh but 2.5 hours was the wooooooorrrrrrrst.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Cover Saving
    I think cover saving is going to be a huge benefit, that people just don't realize currently. Essentially, people struggling for ISO after acquiring 13 covers to champ a character now don't have covers withering on the vine. Further, if you are someone who has transitioned to farming, you have somewhere to throw covers that you're getting whenever you're opening packs, while waiting for another character to reach max champ status when you can sell that character, and then use that ISO to advance the 13 cover character who will replace that champion roster slot and get a payoff immediately in champion rewards based on how many covers the RNG Gods bestowed on you of that character in the interim.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    All of these changes are/were awesome, but 24hr node cycles is the one that truly improved my MPQ QoL.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champions
    Champions hands down, the game would be over without it at this point.  However the 24hr refresh is a good second place. Cover saving is nice but nowhere near as important as the two I listed above.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Line
    Many changes of this game are good. But I think line is secret important factor of this game. You can find any special room in line. You can find many top players in line. You can get good rewards by line coordination. You can pm players in line
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champions
    Warbringa said:
    Champions hands down, the game would be over without it at this point.  However the 24hr refresh is a good second place. Cover saving is nice but nowhere near as important as the two I listed above.
    I absolutely agree with this.
    I remember I had at least a million ISO before Championing was announced with maybe 10 or so 3*s that weren't at level 166 due to a lack of covers. 4*s were really hard to get and I hadn't maxed a single one, so choosing just one or two to screw up my MMR was tough. I was close to giving up.

championing immediately freshened the game and made every cover count again. Every single cover was worth a reward. Free legendary tokens! HP! CP! ISO! The first day it came out I got just so many 4* covers it was insane.

It's a shame the game hasn't had a feature like championing since. Supports could have been that if the tokens weren't as rare as unicorn eggs.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I was going to vote for one of the more recent ones, but dat 24-hour refresh tho.
    Relatively newer players (within the last 1.5 years or so) thankfully didn't have to live through this.

Imagine having to find a way to play for about 40 minutes (generally a single clear of nodes) every 2.5 hours.
    For those that think this game in its current state takes too much of a time commitment...