Gambit sell back price: Looking at the true value

13»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Tony_Foot said:

I spent 100k on a Ferrari and while I was sleeping they lifted the engine out and replaced it with a 1litre Ford Focus engine. To say sorry they have offered me 13 pieces from 15 other random cars.

Actually I'd say it's more like the Volkswagen Diesel Emission hoax. You (and others) bought your car on 'too good to be true' numbers (power, acceleration, gas mileage in relation to emissions). Then the hoax was revealed and owners were given 2 options:

1) Keep a nerfed power/acceleration/mileage Volkswagen that met emission (fair play in MPQ land) standards
    2) Get a buyback from Volkswagen where they determined the price in dollars (covers in MPQ compensation) you got for your car.

Nowhere did Volkswagen buy someone a BMW just because they happened to be test driving BMW's at the same time they test drove the Volkswagen and eventually decided on the Volkswagen.

KGB
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:
    grunth13 said:
    You bought a Ferrari,  used it for 9 months,  got hot chicks to like you because of your car,  went to all the nice parties because people thought you were rich because of your car,  got to enter the exclusive clubs because you drove up in your car, and now Ferrari has downgraded it to a Lexus and you are mad, knowing that Ferrari is allowed to do that if it wants because it did that to its previous model last year (it turned that car to a Toyota so you are making out better btw).  On top of that you want them to take your car and give you a new Ferrari...tsk tsk.  Not how it works.
    I spent 100k on a Ferrari and while I was sleeping they lifted the engine out and replaced it with a 1litre Ford Focus engine. To say sorry they have offered me 13 pieces from 15 other random cars.
    But you bought that Ferrari knowing that the last years model was also turned into a Kia Elantra.  Also, they didn't lift the engine while you were sleeping, they gave you a months notice that they were going to take it.  Also, you got to enjoy that Ferrari for 9 months.  So in conclusion, you bought a Ferrari knowing that they can lift the engine at anytime, but you do get to use it as a Ferrari for some period of time.  Maybe you don't do business with Ferrari if you can't trust that the product you bought will stay that product for the duration of its life.