Turn to Smoke activated while Teisatsu alive [Investigating]

zodiac339
zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2018 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
In Deadpool Daily 2 star wave mission, I had the Teisatsu and Beast left in wave 1. Beast used Medical Marvel, giving him and that ninja burst health. As Teisatsu health got low, 3 attack tiles suddenly appeared on the board. Beast was already downed, and the team up was Daken. The tile strength was 33, same as listed on the power description of turn to smoke. Downed that ninja and got 3 more enemy attack tiles. Is this some weird Burst Health interaction?

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Weren't there two Teisatsu? I think you should have had a total of 6 attack tiles heading into wave 2 (assuming none were matched or otherwise destroyed). I believe that first node started with a Shinobi and two Teisatsu; once any are downed, Beast appears.
  • zodiac339
    I remember 2 Shinobi, 1 Teisatsu, and the Deadpool Daily thread lists that for today as well.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @zodiac339 Could you let us know if you experience anything similar in future DDQ missions? 
  • zodiac339
    @Tombstone Yes, I can. This is probably such a specific condition though, given how few “when downed” powers there are, along with Turn to Smoke having to be fixed in the past, that unless a similar team design is made, people won’t see it. Perhaps testers have a way to construct teams with a Teisatsu and heroes like Beast or Kamala Khan who give burst health to create a reoccurance, If that’s what happened.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe I've seen this before as well. It's definitely pretty corner-case. More annoying than anything.
  • zodiac339
    OJSP said:
    Oh, thank you for noting those. And the Phoenix one was from March? That’s so recent, I wonder if something was added to the game to work with Bounty Hunter for Valkyrie so that health is counting down from full to “KOed” without taking burst healing into consideration.

The other one... The major one I remember was when Turn to Smoke activated after the Teisatsu was downed, as in, a downed Teisatsu registered “damage” from an AOE and made more attack tiles. There was also a sequence of events problem where a Teisatsu status whent from Stunned to Downed before looking at the passive, so the stunned Teisatsu made attack tiles anyway. They worked on Turn to Smoke for a while trying to fix it. Made the original Big Enchilada awful when wave 1 was 2 Teisatsu, 1 Muscle and ending up with a bord that had some big strike tiles feeding 9 to 12 attacks from the buggy Turn to Smoke. Today with the burst health though was the first time I’ve seen it activate on an active ninja.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried to reproduce this, but Beast flatly refused to match all those yellow tiles I left for him today.
  • zodiac339
    @Tombstone Reproduced today, 21 December. Teisatsu at 128 health. Allowed Beast to use burst heal. Dealt about 150 health to Teisatsu. Teisatsu still alive, but still activated Turn to Smoke. Activated Turn to Smoke again when he officially died.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @zodiac339
    Thank you for keeping an eye on this. Could you please submit a ticket to Customer Support with your findings so they can investigate?