What is the resource you're in most need of?

Comments

• y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    5* covers (every other tier mostly/entirely champed)
    thanks for the responses, everyone!

interesting... it looks like early-game hp-less rosters are indeed vastly underrepresented in the forums.

i spent most of my 4.5 years of the game in some form of iso shortage or another, after hitting hp positive within a year, and just went post-iso recently.
    seems like that's a pretty standard experience (with the timeline changing due to increase in available resources / toons), where quite a few are still in the stage where iso is the choke-point.

it's nice to see how many people the new saved-cover feature will help.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO to champ
    My bottleneck is still ISO, but with my 44th 4* champed last weekend (hi Drax!) it won't be *too* long before this will shift to '4* covers'. And that's mainly targeted at '4* covers for characters released post vaulting', although there are a few older ones that are still struggling, too.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    ISO to champ
    Between cycling the 3* farm, trying to champ my 4*s and starting to level some 5*s I find myself ISO poor. It’s been this way for a while but i’m slowly getting through the first two parts of it. I don’t have many 4*s left to go (widow, Wiccan, IW spidey, and ghost) but with dilution kicking in massively I will probably soft-cap them fairly soon and move on to levelling some 5*s. I have two that could be champed and another three who all have 12 covers. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    4* covers
    Dormammu said:
    ISO. Always ISO. I experienced two basic phases of resource demands.

1  Pre-ISO HP demand
    Post-HP ISO demand (been here for years)

One day I hope to find myself at the 3rd phase - Post ISO (just need covers)
    Yup, this is spot on.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I was gonna say hp, but I always have enough for roster slots. Just not enough to spend on more than daily deals. Always have enough iso.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    something else, will detail in response
    RISO!!!! The greatest game changer in history of the game. With awesome moves like supports, no wonder this game has more users than ever before. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    ISO to champ
    Easily ISO, although interestingly enough it may shift back to HP as I complete champing the 4* tier and restart 3* as more of them hit the max cap.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    CP - of which I need the chance at 5* covers.  I have most 4* champed and while iso is always a need it is readily available over time with the new cover saving update feature really reducing the immediate requirement for iso for some players like myself.  
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    4* covers
    - 2-star farm is going strong. I usually keep 1-2 extra roster slots just for rostering/building the dupe while I keep the 144s for DDQ & PVE. Occasionally (like now lol) a bunch of them will hit 144 at the same time, and my vine then begins to fill up with 2-star covers. However this is more of an annoyance than a problem; when I have more dupe covers then I had roster slots, I have to count each cover for each character so I can know exactly when to sell the max champ in order to champ the newly covered dupe immediately. That's assuming of course, that I can't champ the 2-star currently occupying the extra roster slots in time. The iso cost ultimately leaves me short about 10K, but they for the most part pay for themselves iso-wise, and  you don't REALLY have to burn an extra roster slot for the dupe if you don't want to. Just means you're counting covers on your vine. 

- 3-star farm is now officially done. Angel, Gambit, and Elektra are getting close to 266, but I've got quite a lot of breathing room before I'd need to be champing their dupes. That aside though, every max champed 3-star who has a fully covered dupe has had it champed. I unfortunately sold about 10 of them while champing away the rest of my 4-star roster, but most of those guys are just starting to hit the sweet champ rewards at 223+. 

- My main goal with the 4-star tier was to champ them all, and be ahead of the release schedule. As someone who wanted to delay the jump to 5-land as long as possible, I wanted to for sure have all these guys wrangled up first. I had focused all my efforts on finishing up the the tier, and was down to Devil Dino, Howard, Jubilee, and Blonde Widow. I was proud of the temporary need to no longer hoard CP, as I knew I could get those guys covered as long as I pulled over the course the season. But then we make the return to full dilution somewhere around Iron Spidey's release, and I've now had to watch new character after character become hard to cover, and feel myself falling behind. Yes, I took a break iso-wise to focus on the 3-star dupe farm, but all those frickin LT pulls should have brought me much closer to covering these newer guys than it did. I'm not interested in going back to needing to grind for top placement to build 4-stars, that was the whole point of me champing 60+ of them. It's also not like my "vintage" 4s weren't getting any love while things were 50/50. Jubilee, Blonde Widow, Iron Spidey, and Wiccan have been placement rewards recently, and they're all mega-competitive because its so much harder to get these guys otherwise. 

So yeah....not quite "post iso" but pretty darn close, earn enough HP where I don't have to buy it, essentially no cover waste - if not for having most characters champed, then due to the new feature. Just need a way to ya know, get the covers.  :(
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    - 2-star farm is going strong. I usually keep 1-2 extra roster slots just for rostering/building the dupe while I keep the 144s for DDQ & PVE. Occasionally (like now lol) a bunch of them will hit 144 at the same time, and my vine then begins to fill up with 2-star covers. However this is more of an annoyance than a problem; when I have more dupe covers then I had roster slots, I have to count each cover for each character so I can know exactly when to sell the max champ in order to champ the newly covered dupe immediately. That's assuming of course, that I can't champ the 2-star currently occupying the extra roster slots in time. The iso cost ultimately leaves me short about 10K, but they for the most part pay for themselves iso-wise, and  you don't REALLY have to burn an extra roster slot for the dupe if you don't want to. Just means you're counting covers on your vine. 

- 3-star farm is now officially done. Angel, Gambit, and Elektra are getting close to 266, but I've got quite a lot of breathing room before I'd need to be champing their dupes. That aside though, every max champed 3-star who has a fully covered dupe has had it champed. I unfortunately sold about 10 of them while champing away the rest of my 4-star roster, but most of those guys are just starting to hit the sweet champ rewards at 223+. 

- My main goal with the 4-star tier was to champ them all, and be ahead of the release schedule. As someone who wanted to delay the jump to 5-land as long as possible, I wanted to for sure have all these guys wrangled up first. I had focused all my efforts on finishing up the the tier, and was down to Devil Dino, Howard, Jubilee, and Blonde Widow. I was proud of the temporary need to no longer hoard CP, as I knew I could get those guys covered as long as I pulled over the course the season. But then we make the return to full dilution somewhere around Iron Spidey's release, and I've now had to watch new character after character become hard to cover, and feel myself falling behind. Yes, I took a break iso-wise to focus on the 3-star dupe farm, but all those frickin LT pulls should have brought me much closer to covering these newer guys than it did. I'm not interested in going back to needing to grind for top placement to build 4-stars, that was the whole point of me champing 60+ of them. It's also not like my "vintage" 4s weren't getting any love while things were 50/50. Jubilee, Blonde Widow, Iron Spidey, and Wiccan have been placement rewards recently, and they're all mega-competitive because its so much harder to get these guys otherwise. 

So yeah....not quite "post iso" but pretty darn close, earn enough HP where I don't have to buy it, essentially no cover waste - if not for having most characters champed, then due to the new feature. Just need a way to ya know, get the covers.  :(
    6 fully covered 5s, a lot at 12 covers... You're nowhere near post-ISO ;)
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    HP for roster slots
    Skittledaddy and AlexR, thanks for the info.    
    I am in mid-game.  I've only been playing three months shy of two years.  Two weeks ago, I've finished rostering all the 3*.  All but three are champed.  I only have 2/3 of 4* (none champed and none anywhere near that stage) and no 5*.  
    I've wondered about why I have HP debt and a lot of ISO.  I think it's because I've been purposefully building from the ground up.  Yes, it takes a long time but I'm in it for the long haul.  I do think there will come a point where I'll be starving for ISO again - when I enter 5* land.  
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not post iso, but I'm to the point where I don't need it either.
    I'll kind of reverse my vote a bit though...I "need" 5* covers merely because there's nothing else for me to play for.  What I truly need though is something more on the horizon.  Finishing most classic 5*'s currently makes zero impact on my gameplay.  Seems like the two options are a true rebalance to make the older characters relevant, or to bring out the 6* tier.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    TIME.  The game is far too intensive if you do everything.

After that it would go for me currently:
    5* covers, ISO, 4* covers, HP.

I don't want R-ISO, they can keep it and their supports!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I equate 5* covers with CP, as that's the resource I'm spending most often.

Until there are a few new 5*s I think are worth the efforts, I won't bother to hoard and will just spend on Classics to bolster my existing 5* champs and complete the outliers in my roster.

I do wonder if I'll ever re-champ OML and Surfer. They were each sold long ago and are slowly being rebuilt. Neither is in high demand for my play, but really just out of curiosity.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    ISO to champ
    Having just champed Vulture, I only have one immediate target for my iso use which is Gamora. Thereafter I need a cover for Valkyrie who I also want to champ. After that, the new cover save expansion will allow me to plot a far more steady course to champing than so far has been, and as I have a number of average characters fully covered, I look forward to being able to use a more strategic path as opposed to the "14 days to champ and I have 10 iso, Curse you Lockjaw!!!!" current approach.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    ISO to champ
    It's iso. It's always iso. Two and three star farms are in full swing in order to champ all my fours (58 done so far, two more fully covered and awaiting iso to champ). I have all the 5*s rostered, and covered to various levels (Phoenix and JJ are my only fully covered 5*s).

Iso has been put into a few of the 5*s but most are still at 255 and will remain that way for some time. My eventual goal is to get all my 5*s to around 360, which I am told is a "safe" level. I have no desire to enter "Five Star Land", as I am told that PvP becomes difficult and unenjoyable after this point.
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    In order...

5* covers..

ISO - less so since the pressure on 4* is off since they can be saved

Supports - they are 6*s... get used to it and get some...

Riso for supports - could be solved with more supports duplicating
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Rice
     I am only half way(123/250) to my one 5* support and it is so slow. One level a week? maybe? I don't even know once a level starts to costs 4-5k per. 
    to the devs in charge of supports : Seriously how do you not understand how broken this is?  How many metrics does it take before you screw in the lightbulb? 

10x R-iso : (200 per node is not too much)
    SCL backpay

put Support tokens in progression already.

hisss. boo bad development. booo

#ricefamine

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    ISO to champ
    AlexR said:
    I have too little HP to roster and too much ISO on my hands.  
    Am I the only one?  Seems that way with reading the forum.  

You aren't! Lacking HP is a very very common situation--- but it's also more of an early- to mid-game problem. Most people in the forum are veteran players and have passed that stage of the game. Once you have a 2* farm, all 3* champed and most of the 4* and 5* rostered, your HP income should be able to easily keep pace with new releases. Takes a while to get there, though.

Until your 3* champs begins to get max champed and you need to open a 3* farm.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO to champ
    When the Loki vault goes live I have a suspicion I will be lacking in CP...