is 5* wasp THAT bad? i mean, really?

13»

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    She reminds me a lot of web tile characters before we started getting chjaracters like Gwen and Miles. Special tiles designed to boost a singular character and only that character with no way of also generating them with other characters so synergise.

Maybe when two more 5*s come out that utilise swarm tiles she'll be useful...
    Maybe it is a hint that we should expect them to add Swarm soon?  That's assuming that Nazi bees are compatible with Wasp...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    If wasps yellow nd black were just cheaper and her call the swarm did mor damage she wold be solid and fun.  The biggest issue is her powers cost too much.  If her yellow coat 7 (match IW) and her black cost 8 she could suddenly fire those powers significantly faster and then provide some real support.  

I think the reason black and yellow are so expensive is because of the AP steal and the devs thought if she is stealing AP her other powers need to be more expensive.  I also think for Black it is not just the damage she does it is the health she gains so it is up to 9k heal and 9k damage with 3 swarm tiles out for an 18k swing.  Being a 5* I also think the devs were cautious about how much damage buff she would get with call the swarm because a 10% damage buff on a 5* is significantly more than on a 4*.  The reality is though it should be more like 25% and her damage on call the swarm should be increased.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    If wasps yellow nd black were just cheaper and her call the swarm did mor damage she wold be solid and fun.  The biggest issue is her powers cost too much.  If her yellow coat 7 (match IW) and her black cost 8 she could suddenly fire those powers significantly faster and then provide some real support.  

I think the reason black and yellow are so expensive is because of the AP steal and the devs thought if she is stealing AP her other powers need to be more expensive.
    If blue actually stole only like 2 of each in Wasp's colors, this would make sense. As it is, the random AP has a good chance of being useless.
  • Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    @sinnerjfl and @wymtime

These are such excellent ideas to fix her. Let's do them both. Hahahah
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    evade420 said:
    Banner=hope?
    Fixed it for you?
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    Polly_P1 said:
    Idk. I’m having a hard time finding a team that would go with her. Her wasp tile mechanic is hers and hers alone. So it’s difficult to build a team around her. 

I have paired her with Lumber Cap hoping that between her blue and his purple I could control AP.

i have also tried Madusa and carnage with madusa set to 5/4/4. That way when ever a friendly attack tile is matched wasp can make a swarm tile as long as it heals her. (Her black passive)

both at best - kind of worked. 

I am am going to try vulture, with the goal to get to 30 blue AP so I can fire blue all in one turn to see if I can actually get more than 6 swarm tiles out
     Curious,  are you testing in pvp or pve?  and do you have any carol supports active?  thanks for going to the effort.  EVen with bad chars its usually pretty obivious what they were going for.  Hopefully, you'll figure out a decent way to play her

I would use 3* IM instead of Vulture if that is your goal.  Vulture will eat his own blue each time he goes airborn.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    jredd said:
    folks be acting like she's just, the worst. is she? that's pretty hard to do with banner and doc ok down there in poopy town.
    Yes. She is the worse five star ever.