Classic legendary dilution

Options
13»

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've only ever gotten one 5 star bonus hero since they introduced the feature....... I need to start hoarding...
    Um... that won't make any difference at all. You'll get a 5* bonus hero 5% of the time, no matter how many you pull.

It'll increase your odds of getting one when you pull, I suppose, but not the number that you'll get over all.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've only ever gotten one 5 star bonus hero since they introduced the feature....... I need to start hoarding...
    Um... that won't make any difference at all. You'll get a 5* bonus hero 5% of the time, no matter how many you pull.

It'll increase your odds of getting one when you pull, I suppose, but not the number that you'll get over all.

I meant I need to start hoarding in general hahaha 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Overall you just have to be intelligent in how you spend/hoard your CP.

If your past the phase of being able to keep up with champing 5*,  then it just makes sense to keep some portion as a reserve emergency fund,  so portion for general 4* improvement,  etc...

You will get better coverage on classic 5* by focusing on new char stores and paying 25cp a pull.

But once your base 5* coverage is all done,  its fine to beef up your 4* depth via classics.  Just be realistic about you can accomplish in the classic store.

.  360-370 are buffed past 460 and having a nice stable of rotating 4* max champs is really really fun.

let me go further and say if your trying to rescue a 8 cover 5*.  you basically need to spend around 2-3k cp.  so while its fine to spend on classics you need to priortize.

1.  Keep up with latest to at least the champion level.  how high you have to go depends on your other 5*, and lot of strategic tanking issues, but at a min you must get to 450.

2.While keeping up with the latest,  build up a 3k emergency bank of cp, so that when an 8char 5* enters into a new release store,  you can try to whale and rescue that 5*.

3.Once you can keep up with latest (via lts),  build up 3k emgergency fund.  I would spend surplus cp on classics to fill out the 370 stable.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm working on champing all my 4*s at the moment, so for me, 5*s are pretty much just trophies, save for Thanos and Black Panther, who I use to speed up the DDQ, and the required 5* in PvE. I've accepted that I won't ever be competitive once I reach "five star land", so I'm champing as many of the 4*s as I can, until I can hopefully be in a situation where I have all but the most recent 4* champed. I have 57 4* champs so far.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Isn't it 5% chance of a bonus hero, where it could either be a 4* or a 5* depending on the pull? If you factor in that 4* pull rate is 85% and 5* is 15%, 5% of those are 4.25% and 0.75%
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie said:

Isn't it 5% chance of a bonus hero, where it could either be a 4* or a 5* depending on the pull? If you factor in that 4* pull rate is 85% and 5* is 15%, 5% of those are 4.25% and 0.75%
    Er, yeah. 5% of the time you pull a 5*, though.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pongie said:

Er, yeah. 5% of the time you pull a 5*, though.
    True dat, but I think because it a "chance of a chance" it doubles/increases the standard deviation, so you can have much wilder swings.  Either going like 50 5 star covers without a BH or getting multiple in a grouping of 5 or 10.  It should still average out over infinity but over a period of a few years you can easily just get screwed over or alternatively feel like you are touched by god.  This is exactly the type of thing that shouldn't be strictly RNG and have some kind of streak-breaking mechanic to reign in the extreme outliers.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Could also be personal bias. You would remember every 5* bonus heroes you pull, where as 4* bonus heroes are often forgotten.