What is Your Highest Level Support?

professorplum9
professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
Since Supports were released (almost 3 months ago) I've managed to save a little over 135K RISO (enough to level my highest rank support to 121 if I were so inclined). While I might have missed an event or two due to RL the ones I have played I feel like I've earned every little bit of RISO I could (at least as far as progression rewards go). I've cleared PVE nodes 6+, hit 1200+ in PVP and even spent a little HP on some Support related HfH stores (I mainly did it for the 4* covers). Yet this resource seems so rare I can't stand the thought of sinking it into a support that I don't think is top of the line (sorry 5* X-Jet).

I'm just curious how many people out there are just hoarding their RISO like me, or if anyone has found a support that they've leveled that's been been beneficial to them, etc. Please comment on your experience below

What is Your Highest Level Support? 172 votes

Level 1
30%
DormammuDragon_NexusTwystaxKOBALTxslaxer723abmorazMagicTiggidaHendrossPongiePunisher5784PolarPopBearMeanderTony_Footprofessorplum9Daredevil217RichyyyOrion[Deleted User]msp2211 53 votes
Level 2-50
21%
ColognoisseurfirethornePunter1DeNappaCaptainFreakyherm1978tdtmfStevO-JZootSaxKwahderDaichespheregasThe rockettWeltenzeichnerGoBucsGoNovaFalconbluewolfhodayathinkKGBJaedenkaal 37 votes
Level 51-100
33%
ZeiramMRPorkBellyKolenceSpiritclawrixmithbabinroentrailbucketSeriouslyNajboljimoss04divounejackstar0udonomefooCarnifexxSteellatchrdvargas1jreddtiomonoNick441234zodiac339 58 votes
Level 101-150
11%
SpoitakboyceafsplatIridiousChrono_TataGrimSkaldDartmaster01gravelQubortAlfje17Steve111BrigadierbleuVoltaicDukefrederecKahmonShintok17furbear00000ssbledsoenordhofsweden 19 votes
Level 151-200
2%
LLohmlimonadeSNKAllenPolly_P1x_imperialism 5 votes
Level 201-250
0%

Comments

• Xavier_Mc
    Xavier_Mc Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Level 51-100
    I have a 3* Chimichanga at level 70 on Gambit. It's somewhat useful fortifying tiles and occasionally making red ap.

I brought a bunch up to level 10 when they first came out and then stopped.

Currently I'm sitting on 45k riso waiting to see what happens.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 2-50
    I've found a few supports where the trigger chance is decent enough and the effect is a non-scalar, so even at lower levels the effect is noticable

Chimichanga - When equipped to DP, a reasonable chance to create a 1-turn CD. What the CD does is nearly irrelevant, it's the fact that it makes one that matters.

Kimoyo Beads - at rank 3, a reasonable chance to get 2 extra blue AP on a blue match. Has been pretty handy on 4* Gamora where you're never too many AP away from another stun. Presumably would also work well on Iceman, for the same reason.

Hydra Henchment - At any rank, a noticeable chance to Fortify a friendly special tile. Fun with characters that care when you (or your opponent) match away your special tiles. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Level 1
    Wouldnt say I'm hoarding the riso at this point, just not paying attention to supports at all.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 1
    Wouldnt say I'm hoarding the riso at this point, just not paying attention to supports at all.
    This.  I equipped some supports ages ago but I've basically ignored them since then.  Even so I only have enough RIso to take 1 support to level 121.  That's pretty ridiculous.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Level 1
    No RISO invested on any support. I don't have any 5* supports and my only 4* is the Hydra Henchmen, which doesn't seem worth investing any resources into at all. Past the Henchmen I've got two 3*'s and the other thirteen supports I've pulled are 2*/1*. Meh. 

I've even stopped opening support tokens completely (in the rare case that I can even get a hold of one). They're just sitting there with the RISO. Waiting for a time when this stuff makes any sense to care about. Maybe never.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 51-100
    I've put all mine into the Milano and stuck it on Grocket. Gets used every day and whilst not game changing, it does drop some extra damage every now and again. 

I also put the shield thing on OML just to give him some extra health but to be honest it makes no difference whatsoever. 
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Level 2-50

Kimoyo Beads - at rank 3, a reasonable chance to get 2 extra blue AP on a blue match. Has been pretty handy on 4* Gamora where you're never too many AP away from another stun. Presumably would also work well on Iceman, for the same reason.

The Kimoyo Beads are also useful to pair with Doctor Strange - getting extra Blue to fuel his stun & damage. (If you're still knocking around in 3* land)
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 51-100
    Level 84 4* destroyer gun for me.

18.67 chance to fortify a special tile every turn. I keep it on my 5* daredevil. That alone makes it worth it in my book.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Level 2-50
    Level 50 Vintage Shield on Strang3.  
    I have Avengers Tower at 17 and looking forward to extra rISO in Strange Sights event to keep boosting this one.  I have it on IM40 for yellow boost, and that has been so incredibly helpful in activating his recharge power.  
    I am finding supports to be very helpful overall.  I think it's because I am solid 3* player with no champed 4* (though three are close) and no 5* characters.  
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I'm just hoarding at the moment-- I have most of the lower level supports and just over 100k riso...given the scarcity I don't want to invest it until I have an airtight sense of what is best.  And I probably won't care until they roll it out in PVP and make them more easily attainable.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Level 101-150
    My 5* Wong is at Level 112. Been putting all my Red Iso exclusively on this Support. I should be at Max Level 250 in a year or two. 😉
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 51-100
    Level 90 Blackbird (rank 5) on Gambit. Was pairing him with Thor, and upping his blue matches helped tank more colors to keep 50% Thor healthy longer. I’ve since switch to JJ with Thor who tanks 4 colors over him without even trying. Well, trying a little. Level 40 Sharon Carter boosts her red, blue, and crit damage.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Level 51-100
    I have Milano and Star-Lord's blaster guns (whatever they are called) both in the mid-50's. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 1
    I've been hoarding all my red iso.  And the devs decision to fix the "supports aren't strong enough" problem by releasing newer stronger supports rather than tweaking the existing ones seems to indicate that was the right decision.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 1

This, but...it's not because I'm not interested in the feature. I am.

It's just that tokens and RISO are so **** rare that I keep forgetting they exist until I accidentally get a support from a token or the game announces a new one that I'll likely never get.

I'm keeping all of the red iso I earn because I don't even have enough to max one of my 3*s yet after weeks of this thing being out. I'll wait until it's worth doing so.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 2-50
    I've got Avengers Tower at 50 on America Chavez. Helps get a jump start on one colour at least occasionally. I've also leveled up my Vintage Shield (on Strange because he's squishy), and Hydra Henchmen (on Vulture because I use him with Special tile creators often enough that the Fortification is useful, and the extra black match damage is nice). They're not a huge difference, but they are noticeable.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Level 51-100
    Milano 3* level 81 hooked up to grocket. It’s used all the time. The countdown usually does at least 2500 damage if I have at least three to five strikes on the board. My next highest is a 2* Ebony Maw at level 10. My riso goes into the one I can use all the time. 
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Level 2-50
    i have 26 of the non-Infinity stone supports and I've leveled them all to 49. Over the next couple days I'll have all of them at level 50.
    i wanted to do this on the basis of having them at level 50 should show their abilities more easily.
    I think there is something here but the caution around getting supports and red iso have made it difficult.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Level 101-150
    I have 3* Royal Talon Fighter at 120 and 4* Quinjet at 62.  I haven't put riso into any others.

RTF on champed Okoye( 5/5/3-460) is just ridiculous. 

Perks
    1.Start of turn-9.78 % strike
    2.On Tu match-23.29% gain 1 Tu
    3.On fire a power-14.78% to deal 1019 damage
    Synergy Perk- Okoye's powers cost 1 less for every 5 Tu ap (max 2)

1. doesn't matter in the least.
    2. is great and worth leveling the support for alone.
    3. is the big one, this power is useless on others but on Okoye it can deal anywhere from     1019 to 70K team damage randomly. Most of the time it ends the match or wave. (combined with with the synergy perk of powers costing 2 less, this hits frequently)
    S.P. is awesome, being able to fire the heal for 2 less ap makes her almost unkillable and gives many more opportunities for perk 3 to fire.

This is the only support that's worth riso in my opinion. The quinjet support has not panned out to be good so far. Maybe with more levels but its not worth the riso to find out. If you have RTF, do not sleep on Okoye! She's good without it but completely trivializes level 9 pve with it.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 1
    Look at the step in power on wasp gauntlets, I’m glad I’ve spent nothing until I have something in a 5 and something post wasp gauntlets.