MtGPQ Sneak Peek: July 2018 Edition *Updated (7/26/18)

Options

Comments

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Brigby can we see August? Please can we have a mid-week Coalition PVP event?
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I join the request for seeing the week after awr or at least if another coalition event is scheduled back to back.
    In general it is important to us to see until the day after the next coalition event ends
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    @Brigby can we see the August schedule?
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I suppose that there will be no announcement before 2.8 hits. There are new events and probably be added in the week of patch. And as there is no revealed patch date (but everyone know it happens on Tuesday ) there will be no schedule before. So chill out, focus on awr... 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Szamsziel said:
    I suppose that there will be no announcement before 2.8 hits. There are new events and probably be added in the week of patch. And as there is no revealed patch date (but everyone know it happens on Tuesday ) there will be no schedule before. So chill out, focus on awr... 
    Now that we've posted the 2.8 Pre-Release Notes, revealing the new events, I'll be posting an update to the Sneak Peek today.
  • Brigby
    Options
    (7/26/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • Elektrophorus
    Elektrophorus Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I actually don’t like that TG alternates between Standard and Legacy. I kind of wish they were two separate things. But I understand that’s asking a lot.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I second that. I crafted a few new Legacy mythics that I would like to use. Alternating between both is just meh...
  • Wafflesauce
    Wafflesauce Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Upcoming Events:
    Training Grounds - Every Day, Alternates Between Standard and Legacy *New Update*
    • Start Time: 11:00pm UTC
    • End Time: 10:59pm UTC
    Really? 
    ... Really? 
    I've been advocating for Standard Training Grounds for some time, but this is terrible implementation. 

Here's how next Friday is going to roll out for 80% of players:
    "Awesome! I'm so excited to play this brand new Dragon Wars event!" 
    *Player checks what the objectives are*
    "OK, if I add this to that deck, and swap this... It should work! Let's go try it out in the brand new Standard Training Grounds!" 
    "*#$@£™"

Did you guys think that adding 15 crystals a day was going to destroy your sales? 
    If so, did you consider that you could give other things, like, I don't know... Maybe the mana Runes that everyone has been asking for so that we can level all the walkers you've been putting out? 

This is going to add more frustration than before it was implemented. 
    The point of Training Grounds is... wait for it... To train. To see how a deck flows. To practice. To kill time. 

Please, PLEASE consider making Standard Training Grounds available 24/7. Standard is the basis of people buying packs. Standard is the basis of people buying your cash-based bundles. Limiting access to the foundation of the format just doesn't make sense. 

Waffles of the Phoenix Family of Coalitions
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why not just have both Training Grounds and let the Standard training give 250/300 runes per win (no other rewards) so we can grind that instead of Heroics?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2018
    Options
    ArielSira said:
    Why not just have both Training Grounds and let the Standard training give 250/300 runes per win (no other rewards) so we can grind that instead of Heroics?
    Above. I like this.
    jimpark said:
    I just need a place to test standard decks against standard decks - a sandbox! Though oddly enough, now my standard decks can usually handle most legacy decks in TG.. aside from the few anomalies here and there. Honestly, kind of don't want another daily event that I have to obsess about and try to get the rewards for, for fear of falling behind in comparison to the heavy grinders in this game.

In any case, here are some options, I would be satisfied with:

1. NO REWARDS standard TG every single day; while, legacy TG runs, as is, with rewards.

2. Adding standard TG every single day with a max progression of only 2 games for max rewards. Then adjusting legacy to be the same (max progression of only 2 games for max rewards). <- math will be hard for this one.

3. Adjusting TG to have the option when joining to be either Standard or Legacy. I would imagine in the same format as the tier rewards prompt.
    Copy and pasting my comment from another discussion that overlaps with this one.
    Wafflesauce said:

Please, PLEASE consider making Standard Training Grounds available 24/7. Standard is the basis of people buying packs. Standard is the basis of people buying your cash-based bundles. Limiting access to the foundation of the format just doesn't make sense.
    I agree with this comment too actually.

SO what if we combine ArielSira's and Wafflesauce's ideas while not having D3GO incur however small of losses that could be incurred. Additionally, adding something that provides a much wanted value while not not burning out the some of the already tired player base.

- Both Legacy and Standard TG would run daily.
    - REMOVE the current rewards from the LEGACY TG and make it so it provides 250/300 runes per win.
    - ADD in a STANDARD format TG with the current LEGACY TG rewards.

In other words flip the legacy and the possible future standard TG rewards. This effectively puts a preference/emphasis on the Standard format and maybe it drives sales up a bit? Helps newer players, as their card base is probably going to end up more standard format than legacy. Offers the much wanted runes reward for leveling PWs but does so in a more interesting and fresh environment, as opposed to grinding the same Heroic battles. And tired/busy players don't have to invest that much more time in the game.

• Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hmm. Idea is nice however removal of rewards front legacy tg seems drastic. Especially when you like playing with your toys like Olivia or deploy. Remember that there is really limited amount of legacy events. So - why I should bother to increase my legacy card set if it lies underused?
    But having both tg each day - I like it.

• Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, there is the nerf to progression awards in Across Ixalan to counter the non-dupe elite pack. 2-6 from 3-7 pink gems. Not a bad trade off, though.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Aeroplane said:
    Well, there is the nerf to progression awards in Across Ixalan to counter the non-dupe elite pack. 2-6 from 3-7 pink gems. Not a bad trade off, though.
    Apologies for the confusion. It would appear that I hadn't updated the reward charts to reflect the current in-game rewards. For Platinum tier, they should still reward 3 - 7 Mana Jewels.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby so the alternating TG is the final decision? Can we know the motivation for that instead of giving the choice to players or just giving two TGs? Is there hope for reversing this decision before the update hits the store? In the past we had quite a few times when we had, erroneously, two TGs, so it doesn't sound too crazy
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    I'm thinking 2 nodes tg with a combined score used for
    the reward which would stay as it is. thus those who
    want to test standard deck can do so and those who
    want to play legacy tg will have no change to what they
    have now. the reward structure is calculated and it
    would be more suitable to have that as a separate
    discussion.

HH
    This looks like a great idea and the reward structure can remain the same

Rasalghul said:

Selecting Standard/Non Standard should be a toggle switch. Or maybe it is just that there are UI standards in this game and Oktagon has to stick to it... which would be very sad 

Why not just select the AI Deck based on the Standard or Non-Standard nature of player's event deck. If you submitted a Legacy then you are matched to a Legacy, if it is Standard, then you are matched to a Standard. If a player is matched against something he/she didn't want, well that is the player's fault.
    Agree here as well. 

Just going to add this from the general discussion post about TG. I feel these are worth mentioning here too. 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For Training Grounds, simply extending both versions to two days long would be the smallest change I can think of that would give us constant access to both types without changing anything else, or being difficult to code.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hoping we get the August sneak peek soon.
  • Hatter
    Hatter Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Brigby why not have two training grounds,One use common and uncommon cards only, and continue the original as is
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    @Brigby we still have TBD for TDW times. Do you still not have them?