Bouncing effect cause freeze , still in 3.1 with new cause [Investigating]

fiirst
fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2019 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
Some of bounce spells and/or ability cause game freeze.

Please everyone provide the detail the bug and i will summary in starting thread for ease of view.

//Edited Title - Tombstone
//Added Title - Fiirst
//Added Summary - Fiirst 15th Jan

Detail and Summary

Fixed:

-Teferi cannot bounce some tokens. Dev fixed tokens' cost.

Outstanding:

-Bounce Reinforced creature.

-Bounce Buffed Creature.

-Bounce Ghalta.

-Bounce with Teferi 1st ability.

-Bounce Reinforced Token.

-Dispersal Cannot Bounce Hexproof Creature.

-Perlilous Voyage can bounce Traxos but can not bounce Mishra Self Replicator in JTH ALCD 1st node.

-Bounce Creature relate to Fabrication.

-Bounce to top of library (Engulf the Shore / Expel of Orazca)

-Persistent Nightmare was died due to full hand and cause freeze after deal combat damage to ai.
Tagged:

Comments

• CosmicBaby
    CosmicBaby Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I've just had this problem with Depths of Desire... here's a couple of screenshots. I targetted the Forerunner, which you can see has not been removed from the battlefield before the freeze. All visual effects on the screen are still animated, and I was able to use the UI to call up the battlelog, but I could not progress the game in any way.

https://imgur.com/a/NavaMUk

https://imgur.com/a/GEpMYPK
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I believe this is more likely to happen when you target a creature with lots of reinforcements. I haven't gotten a freeze that way yet, but I do see a lot of slowdown.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    It happened to me using river's rebuke against a ghalta that was brought to the battlefield by the activated gem of reason. Previously I cast river's rebuke against a normally cast ghalta with a lot of reinforcements (yes I was against a uncage/ghalta deck) and it worked properly.
    To me the problem arise from bouncing back creatures that weren't cast from hand
  • fiirst
    gogol666 said:
    It happened to me using river's rebuke against a ghalta that was brought to the battlefield by the activated gem of reason. Previously I cast river's rebuke against a normally cast ghalta with a lot of reinforcements (yes I was against a uncage/ghalta deck) and it worked properly.
    To me the problem arise from bouncing back creatures that weren't cast from hand
    it similar to mine, i bounced Ghalta that free casting cost (there were 28/28 hopter token in battlefield) by Depth of Desire. Then, freeze.......
  • gogol666
    This bug is not in the list and it is awful
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Sometimes i took the bug with Depth of desire/ ghalta or tokens. 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Just happened to me with Harbinger of the Tides.
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I just had a game freeze in AWR 1.1 match today when I casted Consign.
  • gogol666
    As a workaround, my advice is to avoid cheating ghalta in using reason, but this only reduce the odds of the freeze to happen. My experience is that anything the reduce the casting cost of the bounced creature can trigger the freeze. Bouncing reinforced creatures also has a higher chance of triggering a freeze. However, I don't have the tools to test this extensively to have a final word on the issue. The thing is in AWR there are a ton of buoncing opportunity so the bug is much more present than normal.
    Good luck everyone
  • fiirst
    edited July 2018
    @Brigby
    please let the Dev team know this issue...
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi All, I've gone ahead and added this to bug list, and I'm passing the information you all have provided along to the team for investigation. 
  • fiirst
    Tombstone said:
    Hi All, I've gone ahead and added this to bug list, and I'm passing the information you all have provided along to the team for investigation. 
    @Tombstone
    @Brigby
     today i have just get freeze from Perilous Voyage. We dont know which one is causing bug or not. So, please investigate all bouncing spells.
  • gogol666
    Tested in 2.8 and the bug is still there.
    To cause the bug i due the following:
    Match the activated gem of reason to have one ghalta in play, cast uncage and the following bunch of ghaltas, cast expel from orazca on the stack of ghaltha: game froze.
    However, casting two ghaltas from hand and then using expel from orazca on them didn't freeze the game.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    I had a froze similar to this involving casting perilous journey on a stack of 2 ghaltas.
  • fiirst
    I had a froze similar to this involving casting perilous journey on a stack of 2 ghaltas.
    Ghalta is more stronger than ever.....
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    fiirst said:
    Will try to reproduce - takes time though. Seems not everyone has Ghalta yet ;)
  • fiirst
    edited August 2018
    fiirst said:
    Will try to reproduce - takes time though. Seems not everyone has Ghalta yet ;)
    i just meaning to ...
    Ghalta's strength...
    - his 1st power: 12/12 to stompt you
    - his 2nd power: he can freeze you if u try to bounce him. :sweat_smile:
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. This should be fixed in 2.9
  • fiirst
    @Brigby thank you :blush:
  • fiirst