Timeframe for new PWs to enter the vault

Options
Rhasget
Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
It's been two weeks since Teferi stopped being available to buy for cash and no sign of him being released in the vault for crystals.
It will be another two weeks atleast before it will happen now, which would mean a month or more after the cash offer ends.
Since I started at the release of AKH, the PWs have been released in the vault 2-3 weeks after the first cash offer.
Or am I remembering wrong?

If I knew how long the window is between the two options I would take that into consideration for a purchase.

Comments

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
       If I'm not confused, they said that they would now keep new walkers out of the vault for a while so players that buy the bundle get a good reason to do it.
  • TheF3C3SK1ng
    TheF3C3SK1ng Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I get their point, and don't have a problem with it. But what is really wrong with just letting the rest of us know when? If it's tinykittying august until we see Karn, fine, just tell us...
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It has always irritated me that walkers hit the vault for crystals so soon after being up for purchace, so I don't think this is an issue (note I have only ever bought 2 walkers, Jace 2 and Karn).

That being said, I do think its usually 2-3 weeks after the offer leaves, not after it starts.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm okay with one pay-for-early-access planeswalker, but when there's 3 out for real-money purchase only, with abilities that throw many of the pre-amonkhet walkers under the rug, and no announcement of when it'll be available for in-game currency purchase, it starts to feel like a step towards pay-to-play
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    It has always irritated me that walkers hit the vault for crystals so soon after being up for purchace, so I don't think this is an issue (note I have only ever bought 2 walkers, Jace 2 and Karn).

That being said, I do think its usually 2-3 weeks after the offer leaves, not after it starts.
    I have no issue either with it, just the non-existent info about when to expect it.

The Teferi deal ended two weeks ago and there is no info about when he might come (or Karn for that matter).
    With previous releases setting precedence you expect the same.

And if I recall correct (might not be so) they only states that Karn would be released at a much later time than usual for Crystals. Not every PW from here on.

If they extend this period it would add incentive to grab one for cash.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Mburn7 said:

I have no issue either with it, just the non-existent info about when to expect it.

The Teferi deal ended two weeks ago and there is no info about when he might come (or Karn for that matter).
    With previous releases setting precedence you expect the same.

And if I recall correct (might not be so) they only states that Karn would be released at a much later time than usual for Crystals. Not every PW from here on.

If they extend this period it would add incentive to grab one for cash.
    If I had to guess I'd say that Teferi will rotate in within the next 2 rotations.  Its annoying that the vault predictor ran out (as it does periodically), and we won't see a fix quickly because of E3.  But that's my guess.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Our main issue here boils down to the reoccuring issue we've had for a very long time: Not having enough information and feeling left in the dark.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The timeframe for PW to enter the vault after cash purchase has never been announced. Three weeks was the norm for awhile, but never confirmed by D3. Also some PW took longer -- Garruk and Saheeli after they were available as prizes and Kiora for instance. 

In this case, longer gaps were announced with the Karn bundle in April -- which is a step in the right direction for communication:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72055/2-6-release-notes-updated-4-19-18#latest

"After the May 23rd date, Karn, Scion of Urza won't be available in the Vault for Mana Crystals just yet until a later, not-yet-announced date. This date will be longer than previously released Planeswalkers, which tended to be 3 weeks after conclusion of bundle sale."

It's logical to assume that Teferi and Jaya will be the same. 
  • Mburn7
    Options
    bken1234 said:

"After the May 23rd date, Karn, Scion of Urza won't be available in the Vault for Mana Crystals just yet until a later, not-yet-announced date. This date will be longer than previously released Planeswalkers, which tended to be 3 weeks after conclusion of bundle sale."

I'm not so sure, my logical assumption is that Karn was a special case (hence the announcement) in order to build hype for him as a pre-release type deal.

I would think that Teferi and Jaya would go back to the 3 week system.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't really care.

What's a few weeks wiggle room really matter in the grand sense of things.

If I wait 3 weeks or 5 for a crystal purchase, who cares, really?  They'll come whenever and I'll get them when they are available.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    bken1234 said:

I'm not so sure, my logical assumption is that Karn was a special case (hence the announcement) in order to build hype for him as a pre-release type deal.

I would think that Teferi and Jaya would go back to the 3 week system.
    The three week system was a norm, not a communicated policy. 
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So many busted PWs already that waiting another few weeks doesn't really hurt. If anything, gives me time to build up runes/finish Karn. Of course, every day I don't see a new PW in the vault, I think, "I've got time to spend these crystals on a PP and build them back up, right?"
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This particular bit of information only helps people to know and doesn't hurt the company in any way. (Not like some things.)

So it would be good to have a firm policy in place and announced.

Setting expectations helps, firm when you can, hand-wavy when you can't.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would very much like them to set up some standard of how long it will be between a Planeswalker stopping being available for cash, and starting to be available for crystals.
    I do want to say thank you to Oktagon for how predictable the time of the Planeswalker rotations has been (midnight GMT Thursday mornings) even if it's hard to tell when specific Planeswalkers will be available.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A"what should we expect in the next month "should be part of the Q and A
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whoops... just opened a new thread about this before finding out this thread....

Yeah, I have to say I'm feeling annoyed that I still cannot buy the DOM planeswalkers with crystals yet. Why the long wait?
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree with the chorus.  It's fine if the cash players get a little more time to enjoy their exclusive access.  Just announce the date when each PW will first be available for crystals at the same time their sale starts.  That way the cash players know how much early access they're buying, and the free players can plan out how many crystals they will need, and when.  Knowing whether we can afford to buy that one more premium pack during the extra-orbs period and still have enough crystals for when the PW shows up matters!  And there's no good reason to leave the date out of the announcement.

• HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It is really irritating that we don't get dates for much of anything. Pw rotation appears to be random, and we get to know who's up next, but we have to kind of guess when. It comes off a bit shady at worst and sloppy at best. Either way , we've been asking for transparency for as long as I can remember, but it doesn't really seem to be on the menu . I'd love to be able to make informed purchases 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Planeswalker rotations have been happening at midnight GMT Thursday morning for quite some time now. They don't actually say this anywhere, but the last day to get a Planeswalker listed on the Vault info page (linked in event Sneak Peek) is always a Wednesday.