Timeframe for new PWs to enter the vault

2»

Comments

• csonic
    csonic Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    And the link to see the current PW rotation is??
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    It has always irritated me that walkers hit the vault for crystals so soon after being up for purchace, so I don't think this is an issue (note I have only ever bought 2 walkers, Jace 2 and Karn).

That being said, I do think its usually 2-3 weeks after the offer leaves, not after it starts.

Why would that irritate you? 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Not surprising considering that D3 changed their support site from Zendesk to the new one (I forget the name) since several weeks back.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Teferi will arrive in the vault next week. So a month after the cash offer expired (or is it 5 weeks?).

It seems we have to keep track ourself until an official statement says what to expect in the future.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    It has always irritated me that walkers hit the vault for crystals so soon after being up for purchace, so I don't think this is an issue (note I have only ever bought 2 walkers, Jace 2 and Karn).

That being said, I do think its usually 2-3 weeks after the offer leaves, not after it starts.

Why would that irritate you? 
    The point of purchasing a walker for cash is to get it before everyone else.  If 2 weeks later its available for in-game currency, what is my advantage for paying cash?  Use for 1 event?  When I bought Jace 2 I almost asked for a refund, but that was because it was only one week later when he hit the vault (and because I wanted the money back for Olivia lol.  Wow did I mess up that purchase).  After that I swore never to buy another walker since its a waste of money.  Karn was the exception since he is really good, and since they promised extended exclusivity.

Now, Karn is taking this principle to an extreme, but they did announce ahead of time that they were doing it so I don't get the complaints on that.  Jaya and Teferi should be in the vault soon, since there was no special announcement for them.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Gabrosin said:
    Too bad they don’t get rid of the old one or redirect to the new article instead. 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Gabrosin said:
    Too bad they don’t get rid of the old one or redirect to the new article instead. 
    Now @Brigby put information/link regards PW in the vault into the same thread as sneak preview. I personally like this way.it is better to find it out.

i dont think they need to get rid of link, but they should put the date into the title. So it is noticable whether it is updated or not, right? 
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    I don't think there will ever be any clear information about new PWs availability in the vault. Because if that kind of official information is out, players will start saving their crystals or alter their spending habits to get the PWs for "free". So if you want to limit your spending, you have to be patient and have some discipline.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Rasalghul said:
    I don't think there will ever be any clear information about new PWs availability in the vault. Because if that kind of official information is out, players will start saving their crystals or alter their spending habits to get the PWs for "free". So if you want to limit your spending, you have to be patient and have some discipline.
    It has the opposite effect instead as some have written.
    Buying a PW for cash just to see it in the vault a week or two later makes me wait to buy for crystals.
    If it was true microtransactions then impulse purchases would be more common. But when you shell out the equivalent of half a new AAA video game, atleast I think twice before buying.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Thanks for the heads up everyone! I've added a disclaimer to the Zendesk FAQ that re-routes players to the up-to-date version in Helpshift.
  • __Adam
    __Adam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I can think of a good reason not to announce it: obligation.  It reduces their ability to react to situations and re-prioritize as things happen.  Can you imagine the emo-fest if they missed their promised release date?  And for what gain? So the free loaders can maximize their not spending money strategy?

• ElfNeedsFood
    @Brigby thanks!