What do you think about Aliance events as the way of introducing new characters (like IW Spidey)?

13»

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I prefer new characters being introduced in regular PvE placement reward pool.
    Let me be clear I do not mind them switchng it up, I just hope this isn’t the norm for all releases.   If it is, then I would hope the with friends vault goes away and tokens come back that I could buy a 40 pack if I wound want.  
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to have all future characters being introduced in Aliance events.
    If you've got a good alliance, you're probably in favor of it.

If you don't have a good alliance, you're probably against it.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other option
    Let me be clear I do not mind them switchng it up, I just hope this isn’t the norm for all releases.   If it is, then I would hope the with friends vault goes away and tokens come back that I could buy a 40 pack if I wound want.  
    I realize their communication is clear as mud sometimes, but they will be making 4’s more common in the new release tokens. We will see what the new character drop rate is on Thursday.
  • relax
    relax Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    this is one small way for non-veteran players to experience new releases and get a jump on boosting their rosters, being able to hit required nodes, etc.

compared to the usual "rich get richer" format, i'm all for this structuring of rewards.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I prefer new characters being introduced in regular PvE placement reward pool.
    I have a good ally and I’m against it.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I would actually like to amend my support and suggest these start a day later.

i guess I don’t care so much if it’s for a new character or not but I like having Saturday and Sunday mornings free every other week.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am rather grateful I didn't have to endure a release PvE with Black Widow as the fivestar essential character as mine only has a single cover. I probably would have ended up in the top 50 individual and top 100 Alliance and gotten Three covers that way, but boss battles are a lot less stressful.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Boss event is the best way to introduce a new character IMO
    I am tired of the same old race against the clock, to clear faster than the other people in your bracket to get a good placement and more covers of the new character.
    Boss Battle are the only fun time I really get from playing this game.
    The rest is only "addiction"
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Grinding to 140-150% is annoying as hell, as some of us rarely go 3-4 consecutive days without a social event or some other RL thing.

A great compromise would be to give people the chance to do better, faster or play against harder MMR for extra rewards.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Release events are always on weekends and I prefer to spend more time with the family while getting 3 covers for the new char.