Jessica Jones again?!

13»

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:
    Its mad seeing how often it actually is. The latest characters should really run once every three events. That would be a much fairer system for everyone as there are plenty who get screwed by RNG. 

Fair to the users, prehaps, but that's not what the devs want. They want to discourage hoarding, so they need to make sure we have plenty of reason to open Latest Legends tokens...
    Thats all well and good, if you were guaranteed to get a cover that way. You can unload your hoard, and still not get a cover. 
    Working as intended. See: incentive to open.
    Surely an incentive to open would be knowing you will definitely get a cover? 

Apparently not. In the early Days of the game certain packs guaranteed at least one cover of a certain character, but that was removed since it was apparently more exciting to not know what you would get.

....at least that's how the devs explained it.

Hmm, interesting. 

Having to spend over 900cp to finally draw a Cap 5* and spending over 1000cp and not being able to get a single cover for a 5* that I cant remember now doesn't strike me as exciting. Not one bit in fact. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:
    Its mad seeing how often it actually is. The latest characters should really run once every three events. That would be a much fairer system for everyone as there are plenty who get screwed by RNG. 

Fair to the users, prehaps, but that's not what the devs want. They want to discourage hoarding, so they need to make sure we have plenty of reason to open Latest Legends tokens...
    Thats all well and good, if you were guaranteed to get a cover that way. You can unload your hoard, and still not get a cover. 

Apparently not. In the early Days of the game certain packs guaranteed at least one cover of a certain character, but that was removed since it was apparently more exciting to not know what you would get.

Hmm, interesting. 

Having to spend over 900cp to finally draw a Cap 5* and spending over 1000cp and not being able to get a single cover for a 5* that I cant remember now doesn't strike me as exciting. Not one bit in fact. 

900 CP is 36 pulls, with 4.8 expected 5* covers.
    One of our math guys can work it out, but having been on several 0/45 streaks for 5s in general that doesn't look too bad.
    Could have bought the cover instead, too.

• Nick441234
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:

Hmm, interesting. 

One of our math guys can work it out, but having been on several 0/45 streaks for 5s in general that doesn't look too bad.

This was from the 15% special stores. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:

Hmm, interesting. 

It is frustrating but it does sometimes balance out. I remember getting a single token for 5* Star-Lord and pulling him from that and I was fairly lucky with Jessica Jones too. Flip side is that I haven't managed to roster a single Infinity War character so far (I didn't really try too hard for Widow to be fair). I still haven't ever pulled DD. Maybe one day.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:

Hmm, interesting. 

This was from the 15% special stores. 

Yeah, don't draw from those.
    Just wait until the char enters Latest.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Special release stores have the same odds as regular Latest Legends, the only difference is what characters you can get out of it. And that only one of the Three is eligble for swaps I guess...

Anyway, each specific fivestar character has a 5% pull rate, so you should get one in 20 pulls, or 500 CP if you are spending. Not getting them in twice as many pulls isn't that unlikely either, unfortunately. It happens every now and then.

• jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I have been using every CP and latest legendary to get a Jessica since she was put in there.  I even put her as my only 5 star bonus and I have been skunked for at least 50 pulls if not more.  So I am also struggling to get those essential nodes. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    With RNG, there's always going to be someone left wanting. For every player that makes 100 pulls and fully covers a latest 5-star, there's going to be another player that didn't get a single cover with the same amount of pulls.

The haves are like: what's the big deal here?
    While the have-nots are like: I can't play in 5-star essentials half the time!

Welcome to Marvel Puzzle Quest, where half of the player base is always happy.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    With RNG, there's always going to be someone left wanting. For every player that makes 100 pulls and fully covers a latest 5-star, there's going to be another player that didn't get a single cover with the same amount of pulls.

I blame Thanos for the rest.
  • Nick441234
    Dormammu said:

Thats what annoys me most about the frequency of the latests being required. They'll be people who simply cant get the characters due to bad luck. They are being punished, not because of hoarding, but because of bad luck. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

Thats what annoys me most about the frequency of the latests being required. They'll be people who simply cant get the characters due to bad luck. They are being punished, not because of hoarding, but because of bad luck. 

I Think the devs prefer to see it as giving an advantage to spenders...