Jessica Jones again?!

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they make her essential, and the event starts Monday, no one in slice 1 will be able to pull her until several hours after it starts.  Which could hurt some top scorers and alliances who play in that slice.

The devs have said they will, from now on, not make someone essential prior to them being in tokens (referring to the new 4’s mostly and Shield Training). So making a 5 essential before anyone can pull her would not be consistent with their stated commitment.
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby, can you please confirm for us the exact date and time Okoye will enter latest legends pack?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xalthim said:
    @Brigby, can you please confirm for us the exact date and time Okoye will enter latest legends pack?
    Hm, it's really strange that someone hasn't made a 'When will Okoye Enter Latest?' thread by now.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    It's almost always on a Monday. New characters are released on Thursdays. Special Legendary Store of new 5 stars run from the day (Thursday) they are released till Sunday or Monday, depending on the timing. Two weeks after their stores end (Monday), they enter latest. The timing is usually 12pm EDT.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually it’s usually a little before 12 pm EDT.  Maybe because they want to go get lunch.  

The only time it’s been not on a Monday that I recall was when that Monday was a US Holiday, so they weren’t in the office.  Then it happened on Tuesday. 

For some reason this standard behavior is not really posted or communicated, generally, on an ongoing basis; yet every time a season starts, there is a post about updates, which lately is just who is going to be in tokens and who is going to be Vintage.
  • Xalthim
    Sorry to those who are so bothered by me asking for clarity on this unusual situation with the character being out of the usual order. Please forgive me for asking @Brigby to double check, but thanks for the good dose of morning sarcasm - I'm sure it's the norm in your COI!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Xalthim said:
    Sorry to those who are so bothered by me asking for clarity on this unusual situation with the character being out of the usual order. Please forgive me for asking @Brigby to double check, but thanks for the good dose of morning sarcasm - I'm sure it's the norm in your COI!
    No, this situation isnt unusual. The devs simply released the new 5* (in this case Okoye) two weeks earlier than the general six week schedule, as they've done before. If they had stuck to the aforementioned six weeks per 5*, you'd have been asking the exact same question, only in 14 days' time.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    im desperately trying to fully cover my Jessica jones before she gets vaulted. I know ghost rider is next, but if i dont fully cover her before she gets vaulted, it will be years before i pull another one of her.

• Xalthim
    Xalthim said:
    No, this situation isnt unusual. The devs simply released the new 5* (in this case Okoye) two weeks earlier than the general six week schedule, as they've done before. If they had stuck to the aforementioned six weeks per 5*, you'd have been asking the exact same question, only in 14 days' time.
    Evidence, please! Check my previous posts. Your accusation is false unless you can show me asking this question after the release of every new 5*.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Quebbster said:
    Its mad seeing how often it actually is. The latest characters should really run once every three events. That would be a much fairer system for everyone as there are plenty who get screwed by RNG. 

Fair to the users, prehaps, but that's not what the devs want. They want to discourage hoarding, so they need to make sure we have plenty of reason to open Latest Legends tokens...
    Thats all well and good, if you were guaranteed to get a cover that way. You can unload your hoard, and still not get a cover. 
    You need to be pretty unlucky to not get 1 cover over the course of 18 weeks.

if you ONLY play scl7 pve to max prog and burrito for the cp you get 78 cp per week (25*2 pves, 2 cp from hard nodes per day and 2 from burrito per day).  Thats 56 pulls over 18 weeks which is ~95% chance of pulling a 5% cover from LL. this would be the minimum id expect someone who actually cares about the 5e node to earn.

This doesn't take into account champ rewards from all the other progression covers or tokens, crash, legends in event vaults, if you play in pvp at all, cp from 5e nodes for the characters you do do have, playing at a higher cl, cp from placement, cp from daily rewards.  I expect anyone that cares about missing a 5e in pve will be doing some of these.

Further more if you get unlucky and not hit the one character you are almost certainly hitting another one so its not like you are going to be locked out of every 5e.  Also in the longer term you will average closer to the average pull so if you do get a single cover before the 56+ pulls you can save the rest for the next rotation and have better odds at the next one.

Things could be better but its very unlikely that you get stung for more the 1 character in the rotation if you manage your resources.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Xalthim said:
    Brigby, can you please confirm for us the exact date and time Okoye will enter latest legends pack?
    All 5-Star characters enter Latest Legend tokens approximately 2 weeks after their Featured event ends. In the case of Okoye, that would place her entry into Latest Legends tokens at approximately Monday, June 4th.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Xalthim said:
    Brigby, can you please confirm for us the exact date and time Okoye will enter latest legends pack?
    All 5-Star characters enter Latest Legend tokens approximately 2 weeks after their Featured event ends. In the case of Okoye, that would place her entry into Latest Legends tokens at approximately Monday, June 4th.
    Who can we bribe to make it sooner?  Hoarding sucks, and so does Ghost Rider.
  • Xalthim
    Brigby said:
    Xalthim said:
    Thank you, @Brigby, I'm assuming you meant "approximately noon" EST, right?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Xalthim said:
    Brigby said:
    Xalthim said:
    Thank you, Brigby, I'm assuming you meant "approximately noon" EST, right?
    Depends on when the patch update / data push is ready to go live that day.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Well least I know I’m not alone in feeling this way... wish I had read the essential character list before I selected my SCL this event.. now I’m stuck knowin that t50 is my only real chance at placement
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Next time go to the “event rules” page before you enter the event
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Its mad seeing how often it actually is. The latest characters should really run once every three events. That would be a much fairer system for everyone as there are plenty who get screwed by RNG. 

Fair to the users, prehaps, but that's not what the devs want. They want to discourage hoarding, so they need to make sure we have plenty of reason to open Latest Legends tokens...
    Thats all well and good, if you were guaranteed to get a cover that way. You can unload your hoard, and still not get a cover. 
    Working as intended. See: incentive to open.
  • Quebbster

With a boss event this weekend, I guess we will have LumberCap and Okoye as the next two Latest Essentials. Robbie only got five runs as essential.

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:

Surely an incentive to open would be knowing you will definitely get a cover? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:

Surely an incentive to open would be knowing you will definitely get a cover? 

Apparently not. In the early Days of the game certain packs guaranteed at least one cover of a certain character, but that was removed since it was apparently more exciting to not know what you would get.

....at least that's how the devs explained it.