Jessica Jones again?!

First21
First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
This is the third time or second time I don’t remember but they put this character as a 5* essential again because I don’t have this character so I have to drop down to 6 to compete. How many times are they going to make this character essential?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    First21 said:
    How many times are they going to make this character essential?
    Every 5th PVE while she is in Latest tokens.

It goes 3 Latest - 2 classics - 3 Latest - etc.
    So every 5th PVE is Jessica.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Third time by the way.
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Quebbster said:
    Third time by the way.
    Thanks I knew the third time
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the third time that she appeared in Essential. I think she's going to appear for another 3 essentials before she is boot out of latest.

There's a pattern: 3 latest 2 classic if I did not remember wrongly. The next two 5* essentials should be Captain America (Infinity War) and GRRR.

You can always buy her cover for 500CP in H4H though.

For those who track cover colours of 5* in Hfh, shouldn't the cover offered be blue instead of red? They rotate colours from the top to bottom, isn't it?

In the meantime, Okoye should be entering Latest next Monday and GRRR is getting the boot. If you haven't got her, then it's time to do it.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Yes, the JJ H5H should be for black.  It’s supposed to go top to bottom.  3rd offer, 3rd color.  

Spending 500 CP on one 5* cover is ill advised in my opinion, however, regardless of the color.  Only Classics start to make sense due to dilution and the 250 CP cost.

One hopes they offer the correct colors.  Especially in regards to Classic 5’s.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    How long has Jessica been in tokens ? Two months now?
    And isint it possible that okoye is essential in the pve after next? Maybe only if they run a 7 or if the next event is a boss fight, but I won't be surprised if she is the next pve essential after necro cap
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    JJ entered tokens 3/26/18.  Okoye could be essential but it would literally be the day that she enters tokens, which will occur hours after slice 1 starts, so that seems unlikely.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    JJ entered tokens 3/26/18.  Okoye could be essential but it would literally be the day that she enters tokens, which will occur hours after slice 1 starts, so that seems unlikely.
    Good so we will likeley have 2-3 events before she's essential after she's in tokens.
    Should be plenty of tone to nab a cover or 13 ;)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the usual 4-4-5 release pattern, there is a new 5* character every six weeks.  So we'd expect a 5* character to have the "latest" status for 18 weeks.  You'd expect to get maybe 36 story events over that time period (it will probably be a bit lower due to alliance boss events and the occasional 7 day events, but lets use that figure).

With the rotation of 5* essentials being 3 latest followed by 2 classics, we could expect any particular new 5* character to be essential seven times during the 18 week period before dropping off into classics.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is pretty laughable that. 7 times. If RNG is bad for you, thats 7 events when you cant do the 5* node unless you fancy being robbed blind and paying 500cp for a cover, of course. 
  • Quebbster
    jamesh said:
    With the usual 4-4-5 release pattern, there is a new 5* character every six weeks.  So we'd expect a 5* character to have the "latest" status for 18 weeks.  You'd expect to get maybe 36 story events over that time period (it will probably be a bit lower due to alliance boss events and the occasional 7 day events, but lets use that figure).

With the rotation of 5* essentials being 3 latest followed by 2 classics, we could expect any particular new 5* character to be essential seven times during the 18 week period before dropping off into classics.

I'd probably estimate 6 times instead of 7 to account for the occassional boss event and seven day event (if we ever get any of those again). So we are about halfway through Jessica's stint as essential fivestar.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is pretty laughable that. 7 times. If RNG is bad for you, thats 7 events when you cant do the 5* node unless you fancy being robbed blind and paying 500cp for a cover, of course. 
    Despite chasing both Infini-Cap and Okoye and spending plenty of CP I lucked out on both, so yeah this is me. :(
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:

I'd probably estimate 6 times instead of 7 to account for the occassional boss event and seven day event (if we ever get any of those again). So we are about halfway through Jessica's stint as essential fivestar.
    I think 6 is the minimum, but it is quite possible that some will end up with one extra.  There's not enough 7-day events and boss events to get us down to 30 events during a character's run in latest.
  • Quebbster
    jamesh said:
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:

I think 6 is the minimum, but it is quite possible that some will end up with one extra.  There's not enough 7-day events and boss events to get us down to 30 events during a character's run in latest.

You made me curious, so I decided to tally how many times each character has been a Latest fivestar essential, starting with Gambit who was the first fivestar released after the fivestar mission was introduced.

Gambit: 4 times

Thor: 5 times

Archangel: 6 times

Ghost Rider: 5 times, with a 6th time likely but not confirmed this cycle.

So far it seems 6 times is the norm rather than the exception. We will see how it keeps up though.

List for reference here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70294/list-of-featured-5-essentials

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:

You made me curious, so I decided to tally how many times each character has been a Latest fivestar essential, starting with Gambit who was the first fivestar released after the fivestar mission was introduced.

So far it seems 6 times is the norm rather than the exception. We will see how it keeps up though.

List for reference here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70294/list-of-featured-5-essentials

That it's only 6 times is due to Boss events interfering with the number of possible events with a 5E that can be ran during each 5star's 18 weeks.
  • Quebbster
    Daiches said:
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:

That it's only 6 times is due to Boss events interfering with the number of possible events with a 5E that can be ran during each 5star's 18 weeks.

I Believe that was my Point to begin with, yes. Well, boss events and seven day events, but the latter seem to have vanished when the former became more common.
  • Nick441234
    edited May 2018
    Its mad seeing how often it actually is. The latest characters should really run once every three events. That would be a much fairer system for everyone as there are plenty who get screwed by RNG. 
  • Quebbster
    Its mad seeing how often it actually is. The latest characters should really run once every three events. That would be a much fairer system for everyone as there are plenty who get screwed by RNG. 

Fair to the users, prehaps, but that's not what the devs want. They want to discourage hoarding, so they need to make sure we have plenty of reason to open Latest Legends tokens...
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    I'm inclined to think that's why they will make Okoye the essential 5*.

Competitive players that missed getting Okoye from her vault will try to get her as soon as she hits latest, and if she's the 5E when she hits latest, they will spend money trying to get her.
  • Nick441234
    Quebbster said:

Fair to the users, prehaps, but that's not what the devs want. They want to discourage hoarding, so they need to make sure we have plenty of reason to open Latest Legends tokens...
    Thats all well and good, if you were guaranteed to get a cover that way. You can unload your hoard, and still not get a cover.