25% 48 votes
No
62% 117 votes
Undecided
12% 23 votes

Comments

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Mine had 2 LTs.  That plus all the iso and 6 Medusa champ rewards was too good to pass up.
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Too expensive, 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Undecided, but very tempted, given that I have Carnage at 2/2/2.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely not. I had the following to say on the announcement thread:

mega ghost said:
    The price points on these are terrible. This is practically the cost of a new console game, and more expensive than most console games that have been out for over a year or so. Games that you'd own in their entirety upon purchase, whereas with this you gain access to an almost incomprehensibly minuscule sliver of the game's assets/currency and are still subject to RNG.

This should cost $5. Besides being a much more reasonable price point, I honestly believe you'd get more purchases (particularly from players less prone to spending), and since these bundles are one-time purchase only it's not as if they could be exploited.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Mine had 2 LTs.  That plus all the iso and 6 Medusa champ rewards was too good to pass up.
    Yeah, mine has 2 LTs as well. Maybe a typo in Brigby's post.

Edited in poll post.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Yes, bc I could use everything in the pack and FOMO
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    To rich for my blood.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely not. I had the following to say on the announcement thread:

mega ghost said:
    The price points on these are terrible. This is practically the cost of a new console game, and more expensive than most console games that have been out for over a year or so. Games that you'd own in their entirety upon purchase, whereas with this you gain access to an almost incomprehensibly minuscule sliver of the game's assets/currency and are still subject to RNG.

This should cost $5. Besides being a much more reasonable price point, I honestly believe you'd get more purchases (particularly from players less prone to spending), and since these bundles are one-time purchase only it's not as if they could be exploited.
    While I think your point is absolutely valid because I too think these bundles could be a bit more reasonable, I don't agree with the comparison to a full video game as fair. Mobile and free-to-play games have an entirely different precedent and need with their pricing structures. I have been playing MPQ for almost 5 years now, every day. I can't say that about any other game. With my favorite console/PC games (like Skyrim, for example) I count my play time in hours and MPQ eclipses that playtime by an absurdly wide margin. And while a game like Skyrim has sold millions of copies across multiple platforms and versions, with several paid expansions, MPQ's players number far less and only a fraction of those will pay any money to play. So while Skyrim can make its profit by setting a lower price point and selling to millions of people, MPQ has to use a higher price point because they are only selling to a few thousand.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, I did. Way too weak...the Carnage levels gave me a LT. The Medusa levels put her at 317, so 3 away from another black bolt cover. Got an America from a heroic and the iso allowed me to champ my dupe Sentry to get another LT.

Yeah, it is digital goods, but I've wasted money on physical items for around the same price that might as well be digital given how I've never used them more once or twice.
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Too expensive .

I usually buy the 1.99 HP once a season to keep bonus rewards coming. If something like this would keep those same bonus rewards floorin, but for 5 or 6 seasons in a row ... Then I would buy them
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Have no money until the end of the month.  :D Anyway, even if I did  I'm done purchasing pixels on a screen.

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    This seems like a pretty good bundle for anyone who:

* Was thinking of buying some HP anyway. The bonuses over spending the money on Logan's Loonies or Asgard Treasure are really huge

* Is planning to be in 4* land for a while still. Those 6 Medusa covers... wow.

But I have plenty of HP right now and am firmly in 5* land, so $40 is too much for something that really won't move the needle. But 9 months ago... I'm pretty sure I would have gone for it.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Tempting only because I use Medusa alot and she's high priority to me for the blackbolt covers. But my carnage is champed and I only use him situationally and I'm good on resources right now.

If the support token was a Master instead of advanced, that probably would have tipped the scales enough for me to have bought it.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    No, my lawnmower is toast and that is a lot of money for not a lot of return.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Undecided, but very tempted, given that I have Carnage at 2/2/2.
    What's your Medusa at?  Just in case you've missed the first few hundred times it's been mentioned, Medusa and Carnage work quite well together.  ;)

Buy it in the next eight hours, and you could get the entire Okoye vault from the HP in the pack.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Already did.  I've been actively working to get Medusa up to 360 to champ Black Bolt so the fact that she was one of the 4*s was a major selling point for me (would have much rather had 12 of her lol).
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    If they offered colorless covers for the 4*s I would have.  But my 1/9/0 Carnage makes this a hard pass.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    T-REZ5000 said:
    If they offered colorless covers for the 4*s I would have.  But my 1/9/0 Carnage makes this a hard pass.
    My son has his Medusa at 4/0/1, so I'm right there with you.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought it, made my Medusa 334 and Carnage 318. 3 LTs in all, which netted me a few bh and another 4 LTs. By the time it was all over my Rogue became my 25th level 300+ 4*. MrF will become #26 when I hit 900 in Angel Versus event. Plus, I bought a few roster spots as I'm now in the process of expanding my 2* and 3* farms.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Will buy it. Medusa is one of only two Classic 4s I don't have covered (the other is Agent Venom). Waiting until just before the deadline to buy before starting the iso clock for champing her.