Am I the only one about to get murdered by the Peggy Carter PVP?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could definitely win 40 times in here, but I don't know that i'll be able to hang on to 900pts lol. really need that yellow peggy
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I haven't even bothered this event. First pvp I've completely skipped because my Peggy is underpowered. I cant imagine the grind I'd have to go through, just for 575.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Even with my Lv 295 Peggy, I'm still scared of running into the Monster Peggy's that are base Lv 320+ plus. She's been out long enough now (almost 2 years) and was one of the original 12 I believe when vaulting was a thing, that I'm sure there's gonna be quite a few people that have her quite jacked up. Perhaps MMR might save me a bit, but I kinda doubt it. 
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    NotBAMF said:
    Daiches said:
    Now imagine having to win 40 matches.
    Yeah, but I still vastly preferred that system. 

Yupp a system where instead of looking for high-point targets, I looked for low-point 3* teams for the easy wins. Yet despite this strategy I still reached 900pts before I reached 40 wins.

Win-Based PVP was a good idea in theory but the execution was poor.. like Supports!

Just cause it wasn't good for you doesn't mean it wasn't good for others. The win based system was the only way I have ever been able to get the 4* without getting beaten down faster than I can gain points. Also most of the matches I end up getting are between 20-30 points which would be between 30 and 40 wins for 900 points anyway (give or take a couple for a few early 50-60 point matches).

On topic though, this PvP will probably be a real grind for me with my 7/2/7 Peggy just to reach 575. On the plus side, that yellow Peggy cover is useless to me, so there's no reason to push past 575. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Daiches said:
    Actually I'm not a 5* player so that would be fine with me. I'm at the low 4* level with 10 of them champed below Level 281. I actually enjoyed the easier more relaxed way to play PVP and Shield Simulator that wins based provided. They could of made it less wins and less points in the Season Rewards and Shield Simulator though. That was the first time and only time I ever maxed out progression in the Season Rewards. I also maxed out the Simulator rewards and got max progression every PVP that Wins based season. I have never been able to have that much success again since then. The only thing I have done is get max progression 3 more times in the Sim. The highest PVP progression since Wins based has been 900 a handful of times. Wins based might of been bad for those people in 5* land who can't live without their 15 CP reward, but I loved getting a 4* every PVP. Can't make everybody happy I suppose. They could of at least made a Hybrid system instead of just scrapping it all together. 
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    KC_Hammer said:
    NotBAMF said:
    Daiches said:

Yupp a system where instead of looking for high-point targets, I looked for low-point 3* teams for the easy wins. Yet despite this strategy I still reached 900pts before I reached 40 wins.

Win-Based PVP was a good idea in theory but the execution was poor.. like Supports!

Just cause it wasn't good for you doesn't mean it wasn't good for others. The win based system was the only way I have ever been able to get the 4* without getting beaten down faster than I can gain points. Also most of the matches I end up getting are between 20-30 points which would be between 30 and 40 wins for 900 points anyway (give or take a couple for a few early 50-60 point matches).

On topic though, this PvP will probably be a real grind for me with my 7/2/7 Peggy just to reach 575. On the plus side, that yellow Peggy cover is useless to me, so there's no reason to push past 575. 
    If you're fighting 20 point matches, you're doing it work.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Shintok17 said:
    Daiches said:
    Actually I'm not a 5* player so that would be fine with me. I'm at the low 4* level with 10 of them champed below Level 281. I actually enjoyed the easier more relaxed way to play PVP and Shield Simulator that wins based provided. They could of made it less wins and less points in the Season Rewards and Shield Simulator though. That was the first time and only time I ever maxed out progression in the Season Rewards. I also maxed out the Simulator rewards and got max progression every PVP that Wins based season. I have never been able to have that much success again since then. The only thing I have done is get max progression 3 more times in the Sim. The highest PVP progression since Wins based has been 900 a handful of times. Wins based might of been bad for those people in 5* land who can't live without their 15 CP reward, but I loved getting a 4* every PVP. Can't make everybody happy I suppose. They could of at least made a Hybrid system instead of just scrapping it all together. 

Because of MMR, you can get the 15 cp regardless of level. There are very few whales that can float between 900-1200 so that means people in 5 star land have to hop just like those in 3 star land.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Qubort said:
    KC_Hammer said:
    NotBAMF said:
    Daiches said:

If you're fighting 20 point matches, you're doing it work.
    He is not fighting 20-30 point matches by choice. I know what he goes through because I go through the same thing. I play in SCL 9 in the Slice that ends at 6PM at least in my game. I start PVP on the 2nd day always. The first 3 matches are usually over 40 points but then it's just 30-40 point ones. Once I reach 700 points or my rank gets into top 20 then its all matches against champed boosted 4*'s no matter how much I skip. Once I reach 800-900 points the matches are 20 or below points. Now if I'm at the top 10 rank then they are 15 points and bellow and are the same type of teams I have to fight. I think it's an MMR thing though. If you reach too high in rank and there is not many people in your MMR level that have reached that it makes you fight people close to your rank or higher instead of in your MMR. I have noticed that when I reach those high points or ranks the teams that are closer to mine in strength are worth 10 points or less. Man I'm telling you its like PVP has a wall that does not let you pass higher than you should with your roster strength.

The other day I was at 946 points for the 1st time since Wins based PVP and all the matches I saw were 15 and below against champed boosted 4*'s. Doesn't that sound like a wall preventing me from getting to 1,000 points since by the time I even win 1 match I would be attacked for triple the points I would gain from winning that match. That is what happened. I got pushed down to 806 points shielded and remembered why I stopped playing PVP competitively. Lesson learned. 
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    You can’t go searching for targets when you are at 946 with champed boosted 4’s or less.  Even 5* rosters are going to get hit that high.  Shield up, search for high point targets then hop at your leisure.

you get hit 3x because people have had the opportunity to find your q for your whole climb.  Shield, let the hits bounce, then resume later.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    it happens....
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    edited May 2018
    OJSP said:
    KC_Hammer said:
    7/2/7 means she only has 2 yellow covers now, doesn’t it? So, wouldn’t the yellow cover would be useful?
    My mistake. I got the order wrong. I only have 2 blue. Shintok17 said:
    He is not fighting 20-30 point matches by choice. I know what he goes through because I go through the same thing. I play in SCL 9 in the Slice that ends at 6PM at least in my game. I start PVP on the 2nd day always. The first 3 matches are usually over 40 points but then it's just 30-40 point ones. Once I reach 700 points or my rank gets into top 20 then its all matches against champed boosted 4*'s no matter how much I skip. Once I reach 800-900 points the matches are 20 or below points. 
    Honestly by the time I'm in the 300 -400 point range, I don't see anything above around 35 no matter how much i skip. As for matches that I can beat with out using multiple health packs each match, its usually in the upper 20's by that point. And I have never had much success in hopping. Maybe I can get up to 700's with hopping but at that point i still get beat back down in the time frame of 1 match, and those couple extra rewards are not worth the effort that hopping requires. I don't really care that much so I don't need anyone else giving me advice on the best way to play PvP. I just wanted to say that the wins based system was the only way I have ever been able to get the 4* reward no matter how much strategy or effort i put into it. 
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    This seems more of a perfectly valid argument to have a 3* event and a 4* event running simultaneously. Now, I have a 361 base level Peggy, so I'm having a blast with it. This is the first event in a while where the featured has actually meant something in my matches, and I wish we had more of these, not less. 

I get the argument of the people that don't have huge 4*, and thus the idea of separating the groups. 
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    ZeroKarma said:
    This seems more of a perfectly valid argument to have a 3* event and a 4* event running simultaneously. Now, I have a 361 base level Peggy, so I'm having a blast with it. This is the first event in a while where the featured has actually meant something in my matches, and I wish we had more of these, not less. 

I get the argument of the people that don't have huge 4*, and thus the idea of separating the groups. 
    Totally agree.  My Peggy is 355 and it adds much needed variety to not have to lug around a useless 3* that’s basically just a pile of health.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    What's the difference between this and any other 4* pvp? To an extent, any pvp, period? Some % of players won't have the character built, or even have them at all, and be taking the loaner for a spin.

Too bad they didn't think to buff IM40 for Peggy's 'special' event :D
    A boosted Peggy at 506 has over 80k health and does 39k damage with her red.  That's significantly beefier than a 3* at 412.  I've seen some Gambits get shelved because Peggy does the job well enough without him.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    KC_Hammer said:
    NotBAMF said:
    Daiches said:

Believe me, neither system is good for me. I don't have time playing 40 PVP matches nor do I have the patience to reach 900 only to get smacked down every time I am so close to it. PVP just sucks in general.

I can understand both sides. 900pts is less matches for PVP players, while 40 wins is obtainable for non-PVP players. I wouldn't mind Win-Base make a return but it needs to favor both sides. The devs could have easily made it 900pts OR 40 wins but it seems it can be only one or the other.

Anyways, so I am on topic. Peggy is a beast boosted. I will not be partaking in this event even though Peggy, Moonknight and IM40 would work wonderfully.

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I joined at the start of slice 1 SCL 9, beat the 3 seed teams with trapcake team of a 62k health Peggy /single cover 1* Black Widow / single cover Juggernaut and haven't played since. It's still pulling in defensive wins. I think I'm at 400 or 500 points last I looked. Makes my last hour zombie climb off 75 point targets later that much easier ;) I LOVE this event!!!
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    My Peggy is 365 base, which you'd think would be semi strong and perhaps a minor deterrent on defense... but I don't even hesitate to hit people with maxed Peggy, so that's out the window. 5* PvP really is a massive shark tank.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The meta has passed Peggy a bit. There's so many ways to deal damage without firing Powers or just flat out generating more AP that she isn't much of a deterrent.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards

Peggy, Moonknight and IM40 would work wonderfully.

This team does indeed work a treat, got me to 900+ points.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Well OP, i'm here to say that if you stay in school and get good grades, you too can get to 900pts in Peggy's pvp off of an un-champed Peggy and no boosted 4*, without using any shields. Took me until 1:30am last night, and it burned through all my health, downed all my champion 4* teams, and I had to get real creative on what matches i picked, but I got it done. I think I won my 905th point using a loaner Peggy, my lvl 330 5/1/0 Daredevil (Matt Murdock), my lvl 315 2/0/2 Thano5, and all the basic match damage boosts I could squeeze in. I stopped looking for high point teams, and just looked for teams I could walk through fast, and nibbled my way up to that yellow Peggy cover. I ended up 143/500 for placement with a final score of 529, which i could not have cared less about after that grind lol.