R152 Release Notes (5/7/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the release notes for the R152 update:

MPQ 152!
  • Check out the new Infinity War characters and Supports!
What's Changed:
  • In battles where Supports are eligible, Support information can be seen when accessing the character' information.
  • In the Roster screen, a symbol is displayed next to characters that have a Support equipped.
  • When swapping one Support for another, you are able to see the details of the Support you are switching to before equipping.
  • When equipping a Support, if there are Supports that have a Synergy Perk the character can use, they are displayed first.
  • Added the text "Perks" to the Support info screen to better  highlight that the button takes you to the Perks screen.
  • The Support store and packs will remain visible, even if you do not have tokens to them.
  • Countdown tiles created by Support perks are now removed when the character it is equipped to is downed.
  • Removed the healing animation at the start of battles where there is a Support Perk that gives additional health to a character.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Can we get an official clarification of if TBO supports are no longer available?  I see they are "not" listed in the support token page.

edit added not
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Can we get an official clarification of if TBO supports are no longer available?  I see they are listed in the support token page.
    Do you mean the store page, or the one you see for your Supports?  I am assuming they will at some point be available again, but my store info popup doesn’t show them at all.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    What's the point of seeing everything in the Support stores if we can't buy anything in it? What a tease. Again it stands that the only way to get a Master support token is by spending real money on a bundle. Great way to celebrate your new feature. Supports DOA on arrival. Not because of the feature itself, but the Devs handling, decisions, and implementation of Supports.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Just updated the game. In Roster page, there's a generic icon to show who has Support equipped. I suppose they might add the graphic of support in the future?

In the Support store, I don't see Children of Thanos supports in there. Was it meant to be that way? I'm going to guess that they will be available in Thanos or Boss events?

As for Peggy Carter deal, it doesn't seems to be attractive: 3 covers + 1 Master Token + 1,500 Riso for about $20.

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I did buy the Peggy deal.  It took her to level 320, in anticipation of anticipated changes to her.

Got a rank 5 Power Stone rank 4 Lucky from the token.

• Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Seriously, no way to earn a master support token by playing but you'll throw in some extra garbage and sell them to us for 20$ or more a piece. Infinity War? More like, "Infinite Money Grab", who ever is making decisions over there, please fire them while you still have a game left to salvage.   
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    OK, so there is now an icon showing on the roster screen denoting who has a support equipped.  Great.

BUT.....why then can we also not add icon showing who is able to be trained/leveled, so that the damage you did to the Steam UI can be mitigated?
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    grenadier said:
    OK, so there is now an icon showing on the roster screen denoting who has a support equipped.  Great.

BUT.....why then can we also not add icon showing who is able to be trained/leveled, so that the damage you did to the Steam UI can be mitigated?
    Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. Not only did supports fail so spectacularly, but this was meant to be compensation for the horrible UI change. So not only are they scrambling to fix this mess, us steam users got nothing in return for our loss. We were better off two months ago than we are now. Steam user experience actually deteriorated with each update! Amazing
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor

I did buy the Peggy deal.  It took her to level 320, in anticipation of anticipated changes to her.

Good luck farming RISO to make it at least a bit useful...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

If the deal came with non-support stuff I might have bought it too. I've been a sucker for these bundles, considering them pretty good value for money thus far.

This though...one support and a handful of red ISO...nah.
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler

If the deal came with non-support stuff I might have bought it too. I've been a sucker for these bundles, considering them pretty good value for money thus far.

This though...one support and a handful of red ISO...nah.
    They could have made it like the others, where just the HP itself would make the price worth it, then add the support stuff as a bonus. This would maybe invigorate interest in supports, because lots of people would buy them, then possibly begin to appreciate having supports. 

As it stands, supports offer minor benefits to most players, and to get more, you're paywalled to death, so the vast majority has no idea of its potential other than reading and theorizing. Isn't the point of this new feature to entice many players to buy into it?