Unplayable characters, what is your thoughts on adding more.

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Yes I would be in favor of more non playable characters
    unplayable characters?  shouldn't they have fixed Banner by now?
    /rimshot
    They did fix the banner, now it has a red stone in it.
    /Rimshot * 2
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    They'd probably have to be changed a great deal just like IronMan/Cap were. I'd argue the Boss version of Thanos still isn't in the game.

Personally, the only one of the list I'd want to see is Gorgon. Simply because I greatly enjoy the 'Awaken the Hand' ability. The rest are pretty standard fare with "deal a lot of damage" or "stun for a long time" but that one's always stood out.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Tee said:

Personally, the only one of the list I'd want to see is Gorgon. Simply because I greatly enjoy the 'Awaken the Hand' ability. The rest are pretty standard fare with "deal a lot of damage" or "stun for a long time" but that one's always stood out.
    Gorgon and Ultron Prime are the only two who seem to have been designed as if they could be playable, with reasonably-balanced abilities (save for Ultron's immunity to stun/airborne), so I'd like to see them make the jump.... but to be honest it's been several years now since their debut and I doubt it's going to happen. Most of the others are obvious bosses with specific gimmicks and can't be playable in their current state, like Kaecillius and his total immunity to damage, or Apocalypse and the horsemen tiles. Imagine bringing out Apocalypse in PVP!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Indiffernt
    But they've just added supports o.o
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am absolutely in favour. I don't really like collecting or using villains*, but I would love to have more villains to defeat. Red Skull, Sabretooth, Lizard, Rhino, etc.

*There are a few exceptions that are good enough rules-wise that I use them. Vulture right now, Thanos when I was in 3* land. Otherwise it's only when required.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to see more non-playable character from each show in PvE. For example Sentinels, Madam Gao or add in Elektra in a Defender Theme PvE since we have all essential characters in the game, extra or new boss fight in Fight for Wakanda, new GoG boss etc. There are a lot of potentials waiting to uncovered.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes for goons, and bosses (Apocalypse, Galactus, Ultron, etc).

You mention Sabertooth for a Wolverine crash. I love the idea, but I don't want an unplayable Sabertooth in the game, either.

I don't mind when the characters are already unnamed goons (like HAMMER soldiers), or when they're big-name bosses (making Apocalypse a boss lets him have abilities like the Four Horsemen that wouldn't work for normal playable heroes).
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    i like the bosses fights, which the win conditions are different from the typical ones. 

Apocalypse = need a 1HKO, or else clear the horsemen tiles. 

Ultron = avoid the bomb drops

Kaecilius = match strike tiles to win

This brings more variety to the gameplay, which i like to see more for MPQ.

the bosses should not be playable, because it will be impossible to balance. 

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other (Explain below)
    I'd be happy to see more goon varieties, and more boss events.  I don't want to see AI-only characters that come at expense of adding more playable villains.  I was similarly disappointed with the way supports were handled for the Infinity War tie-in: we're getting four playable hero characters and four non-playable villains as supports.

I also wouldn't mind seeing playable versions of some of the existing unplayable characters, but preferably as variants rather than trying to adapt them directly.  I suspect characters like Gorgon would feel somewhat underwhelming when separated from his feeder goons.

As far as variants go, I wouldn't mind seeing Gorgon in his Hydra outfit from Secret Warriors:

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love everybodies comments.  The reason why I think it would be good to add more non playable characters is right now if we follow the every 2 weeks release, it will cost 26,000 HP in just roster slots.  If they would have more non playable this would introduce more characters without the HP cost.  I know they will still push these down our throats no matter what, but would be great to have something different in pve.  
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, because I enjoy the Kaecilius and Apoc battles, and I know those just wouldn’t work as playable characters.  More puzzle/unique battles!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love everybodies comments.  The reason why I think it would be good to add more non playable characters is right now if we follow the every 2 weeks release, it will cost 26,000 HP in just roster slots.  If they would have more non playable this would introduce more characters without the HP cost.  I know they will still push these down our throats no matter what, but would be great to have something different in pve.  
    The problem with that line of thinking is that many people consider "more characters added to the game" to mean "more characters to play with." You aren't solving a problem (adding characters to the game faster without the resource drain), you're just creating a new one (now there are more characters in-game that aren't available to the player). It might work for some people, but for others the idea is just pushing papers around the table rather than actually getting anything done.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Other (Explain below)
    So, yes to more unplayable characters, but also, can we please get some villains?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    @The rockett

Are we choosing to leave out Boss Rush variants or are we still not allowed to talk about that?
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    I like the idea of NPVs, but I think it's asking too much of the devs to do them well, including artwork and animations. It's one thing to put up a few static pics and some powers, but I think to go the full route of stuff I don't really appreciate, I'd rather them put resources on existing playable characters and creating new game types.

If they introduced new NPVs in place of new releases a few times, I'd be in favor, and very appreciative, of that.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I’d love an X-Men fight against the sentinels or an xmen themed clash of the titans against mr sinister, silver samurai and many others 
  • The rockett
    pheregas said:
    @The rockett

Are we choosing to leave out Boss Rush variants or are we still not allowed to talk about that?
    LOL.  Well they were already in game just different l, and killer, powers.  
  • The rockett
    JHawkInc said:
    The problem with that line of thinking is that many people consider "more characters added to the game" to mean "more characters to play with." You aren't solving a problem (adding characters to the game faster without the resource drain), you're just creating a new one (now there are more characters in-game that aren't available to the player). It might work for some people, but for others the idea is just pushing papers around the table rather than actually getting anything done.
    The true problem is you can only fight Hood/Moonstone/Daken/Jugs/etc so many times before your eyes roll back into your head.  Adding some new non playable characters would at least give PVE a little more spice.  That is why people liked the Gauntlet.  

With Gauntlet, their were different teams you had to go against everytime they ran this. At least that’s what I think, been way too long since this ran. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Would be a great way for us to get other great villains that are too powerful, like Dormammu, Mephisto, the Brood, God Doom... 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I don't think you're too negative @The rockett

I just think you post too many polls.  ;)
    Can we get a poll on this? ;-)

If Ultron's Goons became playable characters, they'd have to be 1-star since they only have two abilities.  It would be very interesting to have them as characters on your team, though.