What is your plans for the new season and beyond?

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards

I was going to wait to post this since I did another poll today, but I feel like I should do know.  There seems to be a lot of unhappy players on the Forums, on LINE and on Discord.  The past weeks, in my opinion, have been a downward movement in where we all hope the game that WE LOVE go. 

So the question is very straight forward, what are your plans for the next season?  Please post comments as well to give feedback. 

What is your plans for the new season and beyond? 154 votes

I plan to play more than I have in the past seasons
3%
burrichbeyonderbubBoyWonder1914murmitskittledaddy 5 votes
I plan to play about the same as I have in the past seasons
62%
Dragon_NexusZeiramMRYasurusinnerjflColognoisseurHadronicrixmithCubRobxKOBALTxslartibabinroatomzedTaganovPunter1wymtimedr tinykittyloveCaptainFreakyfmftintferaldayorBulls 96 votes
I plan to play less than I have in the past seaons
23%
KolenceGumisKkillercoolSnowcaTTDartmaster01stochasticismgmp72Doc LBasepuzzlerEichenLopan15professorplum9GurlBYECdubb1975The rockett658Alfje17krak0DyingLegendInfectiousYawn 36 votes
I plan to move to another Marvel related game and play more than MPQ
3%
LewsTherin0Tenaciousdecafapexpredator85Jabrony_GeoffLifeofAgonynycjonny 6 votes
I plan to move to another Marvel related game and play the same as MPQ
0%
Tiggida 1 vote
I plan to move to another Marvel related game and play less than MPQ
3%
Jonny1PunchGrizz875Stax the FoyerOver__FlowTalestummyMr Bacon 6 votes
I plan to not play MPQ
0%
notamutant 1 vote
Other (Please explain below)
1%
aesthetocystCharlieCrokerpurplemur 3 votes
None of the above
0%

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll probably play about the same. I too have been questioning my time investment in MPQ (i'm totally F2P monetarily though), but I don't know that I'm ready to get off the treadmill just yet. I'm not particularly mad at new features etc, more indifferent I suppose.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I think there needs to be an option about money. Because while I might try play the same, because I have the same amount of time to waste, that doesn't mean I have the same interest in giving more than that time. 

The reward system is meh. But that's not even my biggest problem. I logged in the other day looking for relief and distraction. Looking at PvP and Gambit, I just couldn't do it anymore. The investment of time isn't even worth it anymore. 

****, I might just go back to smoking. 
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    I also plan to spend less than I have in past seasons (zero). See you guys in Marvel Strike Force :smiley:
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I will play enough to keep my alliance happy, I will play no pvp, I will not support the game financially, and any time there is a survey I will score the game a 1. To spend so much time and hype on supports when there impact is so low while your basic game is broken leads me to think MPQ is active trying to get rid of as many non paying players as possible.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I've been beaten down by so many Gambits in PVP (+ the time required) that I've dropped from 900 to 575 to 300 as a stopping point.  Today I got to 300 and got a moonstone from my token after having to beat 2 gambit teams without my own gambit.  I have no float point.  I was at 180 points and outside the top 100 and I got hit multiple times.  I've been at 120 with 3 hours left and in something like 170th place and I still get hammered in the last 3 hours.  

I will probably just hit a few PVPs hard and once I get to 4K stop for the season.  With top dogs going after THE infinity stone, I think season scores will be even more ridiculous than they are and nobody will have a float point.  Unless they all have already left for MSF.  Then again after the Spidey PVP I might just decide that season 10 pack isn't worth it and give up PVP all together (much more likely).

For PVE, I will still grind scl 9 for my alliance on new releases, but everything else, I will probably just dabble when I want to play a game that I still WANT to love.  I am going to download MSF next and see if it can replace a game that I loved for over 1300 days, but has shown time and time again that it doesn't love me back with the same conviction.  

I also reinstalled SW Galaxy of Heroes which will pull my time from here as well.  They constantly add new content and immediately tweak it if it isn't working/is received poorly.  More importantly, when they drop a dud, they give lots of freebies as an apology.  They give a pile of freebies for a 10 minute outage that happens when I'm not even on and the loot rolls in.  I still like MPQ way better as a game, but SW GOH, makes me feel like they care about me and my journey WITH them.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am planning on playing the same as I am hoping to pull my LT/CP hoard on Monday and am hoping to finish covering JJ.  For me it is about progression and am I comfortable in the meta of the game.  I think the biggest lag the devs have in the game is understanding the meta as far as PVP goes especially.  They have to decide how long should the meta last and how do they want to influence the meta of the game.  The choices are power creep with new characters to replace the current meta or buffs/nerfs to adjust the meta.  At this point in time they have let the Gambit meta last too long for 5* players.  4* meta has weekly buffs to keep potential meta fresher than the 5* tier(I could be wrong). The devs should be looking at the meta on a monthly basis and if a meta becomes too prevelant adjusted quarterly.  This could be a new release that is really strong, a buff to a classic 5* or a nerf to a meta 5*.  This should also be looked st on the 4* tier.  

This meta needs a nerf to gambit as the biggest issue is gambit passively generates and destroys AP.  This is like when Hood/sentry, Hood/Xforce was the meta.  Hoods AP generation was too OP so all 3* got major health Buffs leaving Hood/Loki an true healers low health fodder and made then fall out of the meta.

i don’t see what a buff or new character could do that would not be OP next to Gambit or be just stupid OP.  Once the Meta changes the game will rejuvenate itself and make players enjoy playing again.  
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I quit playing MPQ, it won't be because I'm mad that everyone can't win a trophy (soul stones), or even because Gambit has entirely taken over the game, with literally every character revolving around him. When/if I do quit, it will be because I just got a new Nintender Switch, and that Breath of the Wild ain't gonna play itself...

I can't wait to get a Switch and also play BOTW.

The only reason I continue to play is because of my Alliance. There's not much other reason to play. I simply enjoy the team building, but realistically I could get this from any other game. I've quit multiple times before. The next time I quit, it may be for good.

• Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I’ll play the same as I have the past few seasons. There’s just no incentive to play any harder. My roster isn’t good enough to compete for top spots in any events plus I don’t have the ISO to even make it to that point anyways. I’ll continue to hit max progression in PvE for the rewards and dabble in PvP for the 10-pack season reward. Until drastic changes are made to make it a level playing field for players, there’s no reason to waste all my time on this game.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play about the same and continue to complain about the loss of wins based.

No change.  

It's silly that the stone support are only T1, but that's light years from being the biggest problem facing the game, isn't even top 5.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    I will play pve as always, pvp up to 900 or 1000. But I notice a lot of people are playing mpq less - because Gambit is stupidly dominant still, and because of the questionable release of an infinity stone to an elite of top pvp players, who will use it to distort their pve rankings and get further ahead than the rest of us. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't play PVP at a high enough level to be impacted by most of the biggest PVP complaints on the boards.  I will continue my slow progress through the 4* tier
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Other (Please explain below)
    I'm planning on opening my hoard, enjoy using boosted HoboCap with anyone except Gambit for the following 2 weeks (mostly 50% Thor I guess) then walking into the sunset.

I'm not 100% set on retiring, but will be cutting back on both the time and £ I spend on the game.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I expected the Infinity Stones were going to be about as rare as they made them. But I was definitely surprised that Support tokens were limited to Top 25 and not available as a progression mark. SCL 7+ story events should give out a Basic Support token around every 5 weeks by vault tokens just from playing and meeting progressions; faster if you count purchased event tokens and Top Alliance placement on sub-brackets. At that rate I would think a PVP Support Token for every 4 week cycle would be fine for their budgeting.

But while I am disappointed at the slower progression/roll-out outside of purchases, it is a small thing to me compared to the bigger factor of altered MMR that I will have this season going from one champed 5* to three.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know why this season would be different from any other. As for there being a lot of unhappy players, I'm not one of them. The only thing to be unhappy about right now is the devs perplexing adherence to make supports and their related resource more scarce than a Paste Pot Pete sighting (at least when it comes to season rewards). But while that's generating a lot of gripes, I'm not sure it's making people unhappy. It's not like Supports are game-changers or anything.

But on the flip side:
    1) I'm logging in and getting free stuff every day
    2) Supports may be underwhelming, but at least they are a positive sign of this game's continued health
    3) Boss events are running more often (yay!)

I'm not going to stop playing, or play less, out of spite every time the developers do something that makes me scratch my head. MPQ is a fun game and the best Marvel game available on mobile. I can only assume that Marvel Strike Force is the other 'Marvel related game' you allude to in your poll and I'll make something perfectly clear on that point: I will never play a game that gates the player's activity with a Stamina resource (or energy, or whatever they want to call it). Not ever.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rewards versus effort continue to wane as dilution of characters/supports keeps trending up. I want to play much less: little chance to advance in the game makes for little motivation to play more.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's the plan, but as I've been relatively deflated by everything and the general direction it might result in less play time.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    I always try to aim for 575 in PvP for the 10CP, but since I usually reach this fairly easily, I might try and push on to 700 for the HP reward. I usually end up getting to around this point anyway. I've got the top reward in the Simulator in the last two seasons, so I'll do my best to continue that. I usually end up top 50 or top 100 in PvE, which suits me fine. The end CP rewards is always my focus, and anything after that is a bonus.