Projections for next season-Infinity Stones Season?

Options

Comments

• 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’m one of those that is okay about the things here in MPQ. Could D3 improve something? Yes, everyone must set new goals so to improve and get better.
    will D3 do something more following the movie? I’m okay with both yes or no. I like this game and I won’t move to Marvel Strike Force.
    I tried it for two weeks and I think it’s kind of boring. Just create the strongest team, according to your level, and play auto combat, speed x3. Beautiful animations and characters concept but nothing more. Many game modes but always same goals and too much automatic things to do.
    Sometimes in Mpq, I hate the randomness in the cascades, but on the other side, MSF matches are too predictable.

MPQ for the win.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    alaeth said:

* latest 4* (Jubilee) will have her 5* Champ rewards published - no love for the 40 older 4s that people actually HAVE.

I completely forgot I had Jubilee.  That's how little I'm paying attention these days.

I am attempting to maintain cautious optimism, but with some rather enthralling new content in other games, keeping the mpq torch lit is difficult.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow.  Just wow. 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And they don't even need to create dialogue since no one actually has time to read it. ”

LOL @ZeroKarma
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Wow.  Just wow. 

I would say they really burned up your hopes here, but it's more of a complete atomization. Wow is right. Maybe they'll take a page from the comics and just retcon everything at some point?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow.  Just wow. 

Now you've learned a valuable lesson.
    Hope is a lie.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just be glad they didn't run DP vs MPQ, cause, you know, it brings together all of Marvel, etc 
  • The rockett
    Options

I won 1st place one time and will never do that again.  No way will I invest that much time and energy into this for this single reward.

Also, with only 4-5 SL9 brackets you will have to fight to the death your own ally mate.  That will be such a fun thing to do.  So with around 70,000 and only 14 stones for those in SL7-9, that gives you a .0002% chance to get the stone. 

This is just not right.  You can say they are rare and should be hard to get, but there is nothing in this game that takes 28 days to win.  Nothing. 

This is a new low for D3/Demi to roll this out like this and run away for the night.  They knew what was going to happen.  I even scrolled back through Discord and it was even joked about that it would be a post and run. How can you run a company and a game like this and not make players mad?  All of these actions have a direct effect if people will invest in this game or not.  I just cannot believe they did it like this.  In my almost 4 years here, I have never seen anything this bad.  OML nerf doesn't even touch this new low, oh wait read the one article and you will see he is still devastating.

Wonder why the vets and now even more players are getting bitter with things?  See this example.  Enough said.   

• Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Totally agree Rockett. MPQ just flatlined and is now a bottom of the barrel toilet game. Nothing more thanks to horrible decisions and absurdly lazy incompetence by the devs. It’s been on life support since the oml nerf and gambit god-mode launched anyways ..... pull the plug already. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options

...there is nothing in this game that takes 28 days to win.  Nothing. 

While this may be true for the recent past, it wasn't always. If people were to recall, the way Nick Fury was originally released was via season rewards placement, albeit for the top 100 alliances.

So while there is precedence for it taking this long to win a prize, there is not precedence for it being quite this restrictive in terms of who has the ability to win it.
  • The rockett
    Options
    Ducky said:

While this may be true for the recent past, it wasn't always. If people were to recall, the way Nick Fury was originally released was via season rewards placement, albeit for the top 100 alliances.

So while there is precedence for it taking this long to win a prize, there is not precedence for it being quite this restrictive in terms of who has the ability to win it.
    And how long ago was that?  How many years.  Is this even the same Dev team around when that was released. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ducky said:

And how long ago was that?  How many years.  Is this even the same Dev team around when that was released. 
    I'm pretty sure some of them are, yes. And there was a reason I prefaced my comments how I did, it was a lifetime ago in MPQ time, lol.

Edit: And just to add, the slow release of Fury may be something they are trying to emulate...just a lot slower. Fury had 3 seasons of being rewarded as alliance rewards before having a release PvE event for everyone to attempt to get covers, iirc. If that's the same model that they're using, it's gonna be a looooong time before the general public has an attempt at some Infinity Stones.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It feels like a bummer to see the divide between the haves and have-nots get wider, but at the same time, having supports continues not to be vital to my ability to play how I've been playing. getting supports is a novel collection component to me, and will remain so. I don't see myself ever chasing meaningful placement across an entire PVP season, so by that token (lol) I don't see myself ever having an infinity stone. If the day ever comes when I can't enjoy the game for not having one, and i can't have one without devoting my life to the game, maybe then I'll form some real opinions about this feature.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ducky said:
    Ducky said:

I'm pretty sure some of them are, yes. And there was a reason I prefaced my comments how I did, it was a lifetime ago in MPQ time, lol.

Edit: And just to add, the slow release of Fury may be something they are trying to emulate...just a lot slower. Fury had 3 seasons of being rewarded as alliance rewards before having a release PvE event for everyone to attempt to get covers, iirc. If that's the same model that they're using, it's gonna be a looooong time before the general public has an attempt at some Infinity Stones.

If I remember rightly, didn't everyone hate that they released him in this way? People were much happier with, erm...was it Elektra or Thor? when they gave out the possibility of tokens in the 20-man lightning rounds and such.

I might be mis-remembering entirely.

I'm sure I remember people saying rolling out Nick Fury as season rewards was an awful, restrictive way of doing it for the non-top-100 alliances.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ducky said:
    Ducky said:

If I remember rightly, didn't everyone hate that they released him in this way? People were much happier with, erm...was it Elektra or Thor? when they gave out the possibility of tokens in the 20-man lightning rounds and such.

I'm sure I remember people saying rolling out Nick Fury as season rewards was an awful, restrictive way of doing it for the non-top-100 alliances.
    Thor was the 20 person LR, Elektra was Enemy of the State. 

If they use the Fury release model for Infinity Stones before making them available to the general public, that's at least 6 months, so they may as well hold of until Avengers 4 for sheer farce. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Ducky said:
    Ducky said:

If they use the Fury release model for Infinity Stones before making them available to the general public, that's at least 6 months, so they may as well hold of until Avengers 4 for sheer farce. 
    Elektra had a special lightning round too. It was a bit odd since it only played now and then though. Don't recall how big the brackets were, either.
    As I recall the 20 man brackets during the first Anniversary only awarded Anniversary tokens, which were awesome in their own way, but it wasn't possible to get Thor from them. The lightning rounds were only a preview, Thor was released about a month later IIRC.
  • CT1888
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    CT1888 said:
    Ducky said:
    Ducky said:

Elektra had a special lightning round too. It was a bit odd since it only played now and then though. Don't recall how big the brackets were, either.
    As I recall the 20 man brackets during the first Anniversary only awarded Anniversary tokens, which were awesome in their own way, but it wasn't possible to get Thor from them. The lightning rounds were only a preview, Thor was released about a month later IIRC.
    I stand corrected, thanks. 
    No recollection of the lightning rounds, just the trauma of grinding for top 10 for elektra covers that were useless for years... 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:

Minor correction: Elektra was released in Prodigal Sun (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/20250/prodigal-sun-dec-15-dec-22) and was the essential in the initial run of Enemy of the State.  I only remember this because that was the first new release event I ever got the new cover for, with boosted 2* Area, Daken and Moonstone doing all the heavy lifting.  ...and it only took three years for me to champion Elektra after that :)
  • CT1888
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    CT1888 said:

Minor correction: Elektra was released in Prodigal Sun (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/20250/prodigal-sun-dec-15-dec-22) and was the essential in the initial run of Enemy of the State.  I only remember this because that was the first new release event I ever got the new cover for, with boosted 2* Area, Daken and Moonstone doing all the heavy lifting.  ...and it only took three years for me to champion Elektra after that :)
    Evidently my memory sucks!