Projections for next season-Infinity Stones Season?

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s funny because we were supposed to get season info on Friday (“later this week”) but the guy who puts it together forgot until he was out of the office.  So this thread is going. 

I like the idea that maybe by putting out a massive wish list the devs might decide to do 1 or 2 things extra, but I’m counting on anything.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha.
    Sorry... were you being serious?
    Yes i actually was.  I do believe they will have something next week to knock our socks off.  
    You only believe that so you can write an angry topic explaining why you're gonna quit because the devs didn't do what you expected of them.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha.
    Yes i actually was.  I do believe they will have something next week to knock our socks off.  
    You only believe that so you can write an angry topic explaining why you're gonna quit because the devs didn't do what you expected of them.
    Rockett would never do something so transparent! That said, I did write an angry post over Christmas because they had an iso only sale, and was delighted to get an HP sale. Maybe there is a surprise coming.

im actually disappointed we didn’t get a couple of 5* for the boss event. Didn’t we get that for Civil War? Too much to ask with 5E nodes now in PvE?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeroKarma said:
    Ha ha ha ha ha.
    Rockett would never do something so transparent! That said, I did write an angry post over Christmas because they had an iso only sale, and was delighted to get an HP sale. Maybe there is a surprise coming.

im actually disappointed we didn’t get a couple of 5* for the boss event. Didn’t we get that for Civil War? Too much to ask with 5E nodes now in PvE?
    Civil War gave us Winter Soldier one weekend, the Boss event with Cap and Tony the next weekend (and the one time they've had guaranteed 5* covers for meeting progression, not just special LTs), War Machine the third weekend, and then the fourth weekend had the Boss event again. Two 4*s and two 5*s in a span where we'd normally only get two total characters.

Looks like Infinity War is giving us the same number of characters, they're just spacing it out like normal releases (which I don't personally mind, as it was chaos to gain and roster so many that close together). We've got Cap as a 5*, one article revealed Widow as a 4*, then Okoye and Spidey after that (probably a 4* then a 5*, though part of me is optimistic for Spidey as a 4* so we get a Peter Parker at that tier). That's a decent amount of time to do something extra (like, if we get another 5* then we'll have a second boss event for Infinity War, you know?). Kinda makes sense in that regard for MPQ's Infinity War stuff to be spread out more, which is a bummer since it doesn't help the perception that the Infinity War stuff is lackluster.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha.
    Wow @Dragon_Nexus.  For somebody that I have never talked to here or on Line (that i can remember), unless your forum ID is not the same as your IGN, you sure know exactly what I am going to do.  Not even my closet friend on here, @ZeroKarma, have i ever told him I was quitting. 

My and other players exceptions are very high for Infinity Wars since right now it is on track to be the biggest movie of all time.  Imagine that.  A comic book movie with multiply different game platforms (hey we play one of those) that all of them could cash in on with sales, new events, new cool things and to bring new players into the game. I mean, from just a business and marketing prospective, this would be turn key, wouldn’t it?  It’s right here to do.  Right?  
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha.
    Wow @Dragon_Nexus.  For somebody that I have never talked to here or on Line (the i can remember), unless your forum ID is not the same as your IGN, you sure know exactly what I am going to do.  Not even my closet friend on here, @ZeroKarma, have i ever told him I was quitting. 

My and other players exceptions are very high for Infinity Wars since right now it is on track to be the biggest movie of all time.  Imagine that.  A comic book movie with multiply different game platforms (hey we play one of those) that all of them could cash in on with sales, new events, new cool things and to bring new players into the game. I mean, from just a business and marketing prospective, this would be turn key, wouldn’t it?  It’s right here to do.  Right?  
    To be fair, you keep mentioning in other threads about all the whales going to MSF, so it is hard to judge where you are going with this.

I get it though, after so long, its still surprising how underwhelming things can be around here.  

That said, i am still holding on to hope that the moved up release date threw them and next week will be awesome.  I just won't be surprised when it doesnt happen
  • The rockett
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha.
    Wow @Dragon_Nexus.  For somebody that I have never talked to here or on Line (the i can remember), unless your forum ID is not the same as your IGN, you sure know exactly what I am going to do.  Not even my closet friend on here, @ZeroKarma, have i ever told him I was quitting. 

To be fair, you keep mentioning in other threads about all the whales going to MSF, so it is hard to judge where you are going with this.

I get it though, after so long, its still surprising how underwhelming things can be around here.  

That said, i am still holding on to hope that the moved up release date threw them and next week will be awesome.  I just won't be surprised when it doesnt happen
    That is a fair point, but the amount of people moving to MSF is more than people realize.  It is a lot.  I am just hoping that something cool comes out next week to bring these people back here to MPQ.  
  • mexus
    mexus Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I saw this article from April 27:
    http://toucharcade.com/2018/04/27/how-to-unlock-avengers-infinity-war-content-in-your-favorite-marvel-mobile-games/

Seems to me that Marvel pushed the big "INFINITY WAR" button for their trademarked games simultaneously in order to get the events going in time with the movie release which makes me believe that what you got so far in MPQ is all you're gonna get in MPQ for Infinity War. Low prio game, lackluster events / content.
    The fact that MPQ is not even listed in that article (an article I suspect is partly an advertise for Marvel trademarked games?) puts weight on my theory that the are staring to down-prioritize the game.

I'd like to state once again that I do not play MPQ longer, but since it was quite a big part of my everyday life for well over a year I keep reading the news about it, following the discussions. I should maybe put this in my signature instead so that I don't have to make the statement each time I want to post.

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There will also be an new Boss Event Called Rebuffa-Palooza
     OML-Gambit-Xforce-SheThor-3Spiderman-3Mags-Ragnarock-Sentry-2Wolvie, will be rebuffed for the event and permanently rebuffed if the community reaches a certain amount of money spent during the event. The enemy will be a brand new villain called NerfStick, 

Yes, that's what I heard.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The problem I have is that the list that Rockett posted isn't even hard to do, at least to my non-web developer brain. 

• This PVP season will be treated like an Anniversary event.  -  They have done this before! 
    • We will have special PVP's that will feature the characters that are in the movie.  That would give us 10 events.  They would be 3 and 4* variants  -  Already have the template for every event. Put the pictures of each character in Infinity War on a dartboard, take the first ten and voila!
    • Supports tokens, with a newly released 10 pack (like Heroics), will be tied into the season rewards and also added into progression. -  Already have a store front. Already have tokens. But no ten pack! So, 10 tokens instead.
    • Supports tokens will be added into levels of PVP and PVE  -  Like we do every Anniversary with special tokens? Is this hard to do? 
    • There will be a long awaited overhaul of Daily SHIELD resupply, VIP and Intercepts that will include Support tokens and Red ISO.  -  Don't expect this. Resupply will never get changed EVER. Red iso and support tokens, even supports will get added, but they will start from day 2365 or wherever we are at. If they try to change the daily intercepts, they will crash and we will get nothing. VIP will also crash. 
    • We will have a Lighting Round feature that will include a Sakaar type of event that will run for the whole season.  This will be broken up into 4-7 day events and will have support tokens and Red ISO in them.  -  Again, we have templates from Thora and Thor LR's. They can even use the same background, I'm not picky. Lightning rounds could use a kick in the pants anyways. Talk about a low hanging fruit change that would make people happy with little to no design thought necessary. 
    • For PVE there will be a brand new event rolled out with the Black Order and Thanos tied to it. - And they don't even need to create dialogue since no one actually has time to read it. 
    • We will have a massive Boss event and the set up will be like the Sinister Six event.  Each boss node would be 2 of the Black Order with Thanos being the last one. - Template exists after all. But 4 new characters will be tough. 
    • We will get a few 5* feeders to get the ball rolling on these  -  Like Captain America and Iron Man and Black Widow. They need some love. 
    • We will have some character buffs and Banner FINALLY gets some love.  -  Sorry. It's just the wrong Banner. They're going to buff MEH and make him a 5*, then move Banner down to 4*

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Arguably, adding Supports as a game feature is part of the tie-in. They came out two weeks before the movie but I think that was to gave time to make sure there were no critical failures right when people would be funneled to the game this weekend/week. And in the sense of basically working in-game without breaking anything in the game engine or blocking certain devices like we have seen with some other game updates, it was not a critical failure in the software definition.

But the term "critical failure" has a second meaning. As many on the forums have expressed a lackluster impression on the effect of Supports, how they and Red ISO are acquired, missing QoL features like seeing a list of who has what equipped, and small bugs pending fixes. That means it failed from their viewpoints.
  • The rockett
    Options
    mexus said:
    I saw this article from April 27:
    http://toucharcade.com/2018/04/27/how-to-unlock-avengers-infinity-war-content-in-your-favorite-marvel-mobile-games/

Seems to me that Marvel pushed the big "INFINITY WAR" button for their trademarked games simultaneously in order to get the events going in time with the movie release which makes me believe that what you got so far in MPQ is all you're gonna get in MPQ for Infinity War. Low prio game, lackluster events / content.
    The fact that MPQ is not even listed in that article (an article I suspect is partly an advertise for Marvel trademarked games?) puts weight on my theory that the are staring to down-prioritize the game.

I'd like to state once again that I do not play MPQ longer, but since it was quite a big part of my everyday life for well over a year I keep reading the news about it, following the discussions. I should maybe put this in my signature instead so that I don't have to make the statement each time I want to post.

Wow that is a great link. Wonder why MPQ wasn't involved.  Seeing all this cool stuff from the other Marvel games, I cannot wait to see what D3/Demi does for us!!!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Should we be getting an announcement about this today or tomorrow? And if they're announcing character rebalances it'd come at the same time, correct?
  • octagon69
    octagon69 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    That's a nice wishlist there, rockett.

Maybe they'll do stuff like that for the next huge MCU release in another ten years.
    A man can hope  right?   I wish this list was possible but it can never be.
  • The rockett
    Options
    My hope is fading fast.  
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My hope is fading fast.  

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Y’know, I was thinking more and realized they had one off subs with extra iso and things for the GOTG2 movie characters.   We are playing the Honor Among Thieves event which put them together.  
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have learned to expect nothing, so I wont be disappointed.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    People's coping methods have been amusing to watch. I've seen it all now from the people who truly believe D3 can do no wrong and find a way to spot a silver lining in EVERY disappointment, to the people who truly believe D3 does nothing right, and find a way to be negative even in light of "good" news. Avoiding disappointment completely is impossible regardless, so most people find a medium somewhere between the extremes. 

This is the first time I've seen someone be so optimistic that they've literally laid out everything that they think the players are about to get like this. While I agree with virtually none of it, I've gotta admit it was refreshing to see. If they do even one of the things from your list, I believe you can call this is a win.