Projections for next season-Infinity Stones Season?

Options
The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards

So I was thinking this morning that maybe I have been too hard on D3/Demi/Dev team on what is going on right now with the true lack of tie ins to Avengers Infinity War.  So lets talk about what we think our projection is for the next PVP season and also PVE events that would follow this too.  As somebody pointed out, this movie did move up one week and now will not be lined up with our current season so maybe, just maybe everything is happening next week.  

Here are my thoughts of what I think we will have coming.  This is me just guessing and no spoiler info at all.

• This PVP season will be treated like an Anniversary event. 
  • We will have special PVP's that will feature the characters that are in the movie.  That would give us 10 events.  They would be 3 and 4* variants
  • Supports tokens, with a newly released 10 pack (like Heroics), will be tied into the season rewards and also added into progression.
  • Supports tokens will be added into levels of PVP and PVE
  • There will be a long awaited overhaul of Daily SHIELD resupply, VIP and Intercepts that will include Support tokens and Red ISO.
  • We will have a Lighting Round feature that will include a Sakaar type of event that will run for the whole season.  This will be broken up into 4-7 day events and will have support tokens and Red ISO in them.
  • For PVE there will be a brand new event rolled out with the Black Order and Thanos tied to it.
  • We will have a massive Boss event and the set up will be like the Sinister Six event.  Each boss node would be 2 of the Black Order with Thanos being the last one.
  • We will get a few 5* feeders to get the ball rolling on these
  • We will have some character buffs and Banner FINALLY gets some love. 

I really do think that they have something amazing waiting for us next week and that will bring back a lot of people including some of the biggest supporters in the game.  I hope they can make Marvel Puzzle Quest great again and make it hard for people to move to another Marvel game. 

So, what do you expect for next season?  Please post below.

Thank You for your time.

The Rockett

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's a nice wishlist there, rockett.

Maybe they'll do stuff like that for the next huge MCU release in another ten years.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @The rockett

This is going to get deleted. You aren't allowed to post datamined info! Now everyone knows about all the cool stuff that is coming!

• Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    @The rockett

Did you somehow acquire the reality stone?
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I really do like my tiny red ISO rewards. It's like decorating a cake one drop of frosting at a time. This should continue. Also I enjoy burning classic 5* duplicates that are released alongside a new 5* release. In addition, I like my pvp 3* flavor. Nothing else. Trying to change these things amount to sacrilege of the mpq universe. 
  • jdkrausey
    jdkrausey Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quite frankly, I enjoy using the same characters over and over and over again to be competitive. It’s not like there are a bunch of marvel characters or anything. Also, supports have potential. In a year or so I look forward to having one worth using.
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha.
    Sorry... were you being serious?
  • The rockett
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha.
    Yes i actually was.  I do believe they will have something next week to knock our socks off.  
  • feraldayor
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha.
    Yes i actually was.  I do believe they will have something next week to knock our socks off.  
    Well, I really hope so. But seeing as the movie is now out to practically no fanfare in the game at all, I'm not holding my breath. And even if they do something next week, the hype will have passed and they will have missed the boat. Again.
    It's almost like they're not trying any more. 
  • feraldayor
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a negative person and always give the devs the benefit of the doubt, but recently they've consistently failed to generate any kind of buzz about anything. Actually not recently; probably in the last 18 months.
    No major new features.
    Poor anniversary. 
    Poor Christmas.
    Some nice qol changes but that's all really.
    I'd even have preferred an extension of the champion levels.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No change to events... nothing new or special.

But...

* Two runs of She-Hulk once someone notices she was skipped last PvP rotation.
    * Gambit 5* nerf
    * latest 4* (Jubilee) will have her 5* Champ rewards published - no love for the 40 older 4s that people actually HAVE.

Ignore this old and salty dog... 
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if they're on the original schedule, because wasn't Avengers' release moved up a week?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Here are my thoughts of what I think we will have coming. 

• This PVP season will be treated like an Anniversary event. 
    • We will have special PVP's that will feature the characters that are in the movie.  That would give us 10 events.  They would be 3 and 4* variants
    • Supports tokens, with a newly released 10 pack (like Heroics), will be tied into the season rewards and also added into progression.
    • Supports tokens will be added into levels of PVP and PVE
    • There will be a long awaited overhaul of Daily SHIELD resupply, VIP and Intercepts that will include Support tokens and Red ISO.
    • We will have a Lighting Round feature that will include a Sakaar type of event that will run for the whole season.  This will be broken up into 4-7 day events and will have support tokens and Red ISO in them.
    • For PVE there will be a brand new event rolled out with the Black Order and Thanos tied to it.
    • We will have a massive Boss event and the set up will be like the Sinister Six event.  Each boss node would be 2 of the Black Order with Thanos being the last one.
    • We will get a few 5* feeders to get the ball rolling on these
    • We will have some character buffs and Banner FINALLY gets some love. 
    What makes you think this? Because I think none of that will happen. What makes me think that? The past.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm open to the idea of this, but then why wouldn't it be communicated to us? Sure, they might want to keep the specifics under wraps, but they could certainly minimize the backlash by noting that TBA Infinity War events are upcoming.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Someone had to post it

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha.
    Like at Christmas? We all thought there would be something coming that would knock our socks off. We are still waiting. 

Honestly, nothing is coming. Its sad but we have to be realistic at this point. 
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rockett that list is pretty much what I have wished for very season ...... if even HALF of that came true !
  • The rockett
    Options
    After seeing the movie tonight I am even more excited to see what they will do with this.  Can’t wait to see next week!!!!!!!!!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not expecting something ground-breakingly excited, but I'm not really disappointed with what we've had so far, either.

I thought Christmas was fine. It wasn't what we got when Thanos was released, but we did get a special 12 days event, a snowball PVP, *and* the release schedule was tweaked a little so we weren't going through a 5* release over the holidays. I also enjoyed Crash of the Mad Titan, but I disagree with this general notion that Christmas 2017 was ruined because they didn't do it again.

I'm not really hyped up for a new event, because, well, there's a lot of negativity any time we get a new event (and it's been that way for years), and we already had a boss Thanos with the Infinity Stones, so I'm not really sure what should be added on that front. The game is driven by characters, so that's what I would rather have. The occasional new event is good for variety, but the revolves around adding new characters to have new tools to solve problems (Shuri and Black Panther with Luke Cage are fantastic in the current event, by the way)

I'm glad we are getting Cap, Widow, Okoye, and Spidey. I'm glad we got the Children of Thanos as Supports. That way they're all in the game, I get to play versions of favorite characters related to the awesome movie that came out, and don't have to spend my time rostering side villains to boot. It's wins all around  in that department. I wouldn't be opposed to enemy-only versions of the Children of Thanos (like Ultron and Gorgon), but I don't think they're significant enough that we're missing out by not having them, either.

I'm not wholly on board with your hopeful enthusiasm, but I loathe the constant doom and gloom of these forums, and would much rather hope alongside you and be wrong than wallow in self-inflicted misery.

I bet we get a normal Infinty Stone season (we're due the Reality Stone next, which should be red since they've done the Gem->Stone change, instead of yellow like it was before), instead of a shorter season like the Anniversary or Infinity seasons. And I think we'll have a limited chance to earn Infinity Store tokens to earn the stones themselves (I could even see them having a Stone come out each season, which would be super slow, but would be an interesting way to set it up so that you know exactly which stone you're trying to win each season).

But we're due a new season (and thus the typical "new season updates" thread) alongside the original movie release (as others have pointed out, since it was moved up), so that would be the perfect time to add something fantastic if they're going to, you know?
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Santa Claus is not real