Post tapping PVE: How are you making out?

13»

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    This event is definitely better than last. In a bracket with several known tappers and I'm in first, albeit by 8 points. I would likely be borderline t5 if tapping was still allowed. I have never won a cl9 event, so we'll see after tomorrow's final grind...
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I’m finding my usual lazy T50 even easier in CL9 with very sub-optimal clears. More importantly though, I know that on the odd occasion that I do really go for it in an event I’ll get what I deserve placement-wise.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed T10 in HoD despite some timing errors. That wasn't something I was regularly able to do even with optimal timing when tapping was in effect.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Won a sub in cl9 for the first time in a very very long time and I’m single digits behind t1 so I can say I have a legitimate chance of winning whereas in tapping land I could miss t10 on the really tap heavy brackets.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Ended up winning my event by quite a bit, actually. There are 3 well known tappers in here, 1 of which failed to get t5. 

I would not have won this thing if tapping were allowed... not by a mile. Two LT's look sweet!
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Ended up winning my event by quite a bit, actually. There are 3 well known tappers in here, 1 of which failed to get t5. 

I would not have won this thing if tapping were allowed... not by a mile. Two LT's look sweet!
    congrats on the win.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Ended up t5, less than 10 points behind 1st.  And I will happily accept my placement against real competition.  Was a lot of *gasp* fun!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Despite not taking enough time to grind the wave nodes in HoD (when will I ever learn?) I managed to get top 20 overall. Considering I usually end up top 50, I am very happy with that result.
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I play scl7 "approximately optimally". The only slice that works for me ends at 8PM my time, but I usually like to eat dinner around then, so I start my grind a little early, eat, then start the next sub a little late, plus I'm watching TV while playing so it's not as fast as possible. Playing this way I have pretty consistently just missed top 20, usually 25th to 35th. Maybe it's a coincidence, but the last 2 events with no tapping I have hit just inside the top 20.