Post tapping PVE: How are you making out?

Comments

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Finished 2nd. Depending on the bracket that could have been same or 6th with enough tappers.

screwed up the beginning of HoD though. Can’t tap my way back into top placement, but I’m ok with that.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I play semi optimally and have gone from just outside top 20 into the mid teens.  Playing scl9 that gets me an extra 4* cover per event from progression.  I had given up on top 10 with tappers because it wasn't worth my time.  After putting in the same effort just to get top 20 I backed off to semi optimal which kept me in the top 50 for a 4* cover.  I thought the trade off of playing when I wanted too versus grinding when I should was worth missing out on a single 4* cover for placement.  I'm still playing when I want and now back to top 20 so I look at it as a bonus reward.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished 14th after being 26th missing a 5E hit in sub1. Those missing points would have been enough for 5th-7th place.

My bracket was won by one of the most egregious tappers in the time slice, and by a fairly large margin, proving that he has wasted countless and countless hours of his life achieving something he could clearly do on skill alone.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I finished 25th at 2.5k points behind number 1. I guess there's a lot to gain in playing optimally, but i didnt think the difference would be that great. 
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Currently in 3rd place in scl9 slice 5 (WW).  Unless I really mess up I should make top 5 for sure.  This will only be the 2nd time I’ve been top 5 in scl9 (the other time was when they were testing zero point minimum).

edit: finished in 3rd place!  No way that would have happened if tapping was still a thing (because I refuse to tap).
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Usually I was happy to get a regular t20 but got 7th today so it definitely helped a little.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was generally T20 with tapping in effect. On track for T5 in Webbed Wonder right now, despite messing up my timing in sub 1. If I get back in the groove of really timing my clears right, I might well be able to win an event one of these days.
    Yep, got 5th. I seem to have ended up in a somewhat tougher bracket for HoD, but I'm optimistic I can still manage T10 for the green MEHulk cover I need.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like most everyone else, making out about the same.  Barring a major screw-up I was mostly a T10 CL8 player and occasionally top 5, with the very very occasional T2.  Currently sitting on 8th place.  So the usual.
    Ended up 5th. So like I said, the same as usual. 

Daiches said:

My bracket was won by one of the most egregious tappers in the time slice, and by a fairly large margin, proving that he has wasted countless and countless hours of his life achieving something he could clearly do on skill alone.
    Again, I’ll say this...

Not shocked here.  Everyone pretty much predicted that the tappers would still be getting good placement and the leaderboards would not be too shaken up beyond T10.  Tapping really was very much a first first world MPQ problem (in my opinion... I know others disagree). 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    don't place, don't care
    but when I do make out; it's in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!

• Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Top 5 with tapping, Top 5 without tapping. I agree it is mostly important for the top 5%-10% of PVE players, but the reduction in time to roughly 40 min for the grind and 30 min to initial clear is a time saver over wasted minutes mindlessly tapping. I also appreciate the skill, planning, and risk that now make top 5 more competitive where every point matters.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    I have gone from #19/25 in scl9 to #11/13  
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Not so good for me , i feel like more people are playing super optimally , something I can't come even close to doing because of RL  and time slices , I used to be able to tap a couple hundred points to secure t50 or t20 , finished 55th this past event doing 7 clears in scl9
  • Daiches
    evade420 said:
    Not so good for me , i feel like more people are playing super optimally , something I can't come even close to doing because of RL  and time slices , I used to be able to tap a couple hundred points to secure t50 or t20 , finished 55th this past event doing 7 clears in scl9
    Tapping hundreds of points to secure t50? You can block off hours to tap, but there's no time slice where the end time works well enough for you that you have to clear/grind hours different?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches said:
    evade420 said:
    Tapping hundreds of points to secure t50? You can block off hours to tap, but there's no time slice where the end time works well enough for you that you have to clear/grind hours different?
    Yes no time slice works well enough for optimal play . Currently s3 work best but i can only play 3 hours after  it starts . And a couple hours before it ends . Tapping a few hundred points in a 3 day event really takes very little time 
    ie s3 is at 5pm  i can play between 2pm-3pm and after 8pm-10pm , not really possible to compete with ppl who can play optimally.

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i don't play optimally, nor do i care to. i am able to do 6-8 clears though, depending on how the day goes. usually gets me top 100. the two events they have done without tapping i've finished top 50, with the same effort on my part. so that's good i guess.
  • Erunner1201
    Erunner1201 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Finished 2nd in 4.9.  This is a very competitive bracket and was filled with the folks that would normally tap.  I clear the subs optimally and never tapped.  This would normally land me in the t11-t20 placement bracket and sometimes even the t5-t10 placement bracket.  So overall, the removal of tapping really helps me with personal placement and I'm happy with that.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished 2nd in 4.9.  This is a very competitive bracket and was filled with the folks that would normally tap.  I clear the subs optimally and never tapped.  This would normally land me in the t11-t20 placement bracket and sometimes even the t5-t10 placement bracket.  So overall, the removal of tapping really helps me with personal placement and I'm happy with that.
    I was in your bracket and finished 10th.  Normally I would be happy with T20 since I'm not as fast as the big boys, but I guess enough of them screwed up that my slightly slower speed but consistency won out.  Before if you screwed up a slice you could tap to make up for it, but in this highly competitive 4.9 bracket, 1 slip-up knocks you out of the T10 for sure, maybe even T20.
  • Daiches
    I didn't mess up this time and won my first sub in a long time instead of stuck behind a tapper! 2 more subs to go.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't allocate enough time for the grind in sub 1 but still ended in 20th place. So about par for the course.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    My IPad didn’t charge last night and during the grind it came up 5 mins left.  Had to rush to find my power cord.  Missed the last wave for 3 clears.  Needed 1 more minute.  Oh well. My fault