Post tapping PVE: How are you making out?

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
I was going to post this thread after the event was over, but might as well get it started now. 

So how are you making out now? 
How did you rank during tapping? 

For me, I have been a top 1-5 player in pve for a long time except when I got tapped out of the top 5.  Heck got tapped out of then top 10 2 Times.  During the test, I took 1st for the event.  Right now, I am in 2nd place only 2 points behind the leader in 1.9.1.  3rd place is 3 points behind me as well.  

For the person in 1st and 3rd place, they were massive tappers but darn good pve players before tapping became a thing.  So this is fun, exciting, stressful, insane again. I almost didn’t finish the last wave in time.  Finished with 10 seconds or so left in the sub, was heart pounding.

So how did you make out so far?  

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    3.9.2 every single big name barring 2-3 of this slice and a few monsters that normally play other slices joined this bracket.
    Already a dog in the race with no champed Angel. A few bad boards make me realize 40 minutes won't be enough and sure enough can't get in the last 5E hit, so drop from low t10 to 26th. Event over.
    Had T5 in the test event, but this bracket is insane. And I messed up. Better luck next event. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I am in Daiches bracket. I also had issues (stuck in traffic on the way home) and was unable to clear a couple of nodes, but life goes on. I will be unable to make up those points, but guess what? I never tapped anyway so I wouldn't have made them up in the old system, either.

I much prefer this.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was generally T20 with tapping in effect. On track for T5 in Webbed Wonder right now, despite messing up my timing in sub 1. If I get back in the groove of really timing my clears right, I might well be able to win an event one of these days.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I usally hit top 5 in SCL 6 if I have the 4*. In the last PvE, I was in top 3. I think players in SCL 7-9 would see a bigger change.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know how, but I never ended up in a bracket with too many tappers. Worst I ever got was 5th place. Right now I'm 2nd, 10 points behind 1st (and will probably stay there). So... eh. Not much difference, really.

I certainly prefer not coming back to do the end of sub grind and seeing tappers 600 points ahead, though. At least this way I know I'm missing out to someone who's simply built a better/faster roster than me, for this event.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    If this came out earlier i would have a much better answer but as it is now I'm so tired of playing this game on a schedule that I barely notice things since i plummeted to top 100s
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

As usual, I didn't have the time for a proper grind in a midweek event. We'll see how well it goes in the weekend event when I have more time to devote to the grind.

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Like Quebbster, I can't play optimally during the week, but I easily made T50 for the first sub, which wouldn't have been the case with tapping, as I had to do my final clears 4 hours early.

This is my first week back at work after almost 7 weeks off post-op. I'd forgotten how much work interferes with my MPQ time.
  • The rockett
    Got 2nd in sub 2.  Was passed by 7 points.  Still in 2nd but now by 5 points.  1st dropped to 3rd and 3rd went to 1st.   What a race.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same.  Fluctuating between T20 & T50.
    Tapping was never the problem for me it's time slices.
    When's that fix coming?
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    I’m 2nd so far in the event. Nice to know that the end result of the event is still in question to the last day!

That said, I have the reverse problem of Quebbster and would prefer to sleep in an extra half hour on the weekend.

Pros: Event placement fights continue to the last event, the overall time investment for “optimal” is dramatically reduced to a little over an hour a day from the hours required to tap to top placement

Cons: if you screw up you screw up and have to live with it, the smaller play window is still fixed at a certain time

I can live with the first problem. If you trip over a hurdle you can’t just run an extra 100 meters to win. 

But it I think the next step is evaluating a way for that grind window to be flexible, which would be a QoL improvement for everyone. Those who like the current time could still play at this time, but it would accommodate a diverse global player base.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am currently sitting at T25, playing like I normally do. This happened during the last Tap-Remove test and I thought I was just in a good bracket but maybe this is how it will be now :)
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Finished 2nd in sub 1, finished clears in 4th. Scores are very tight in my bracket, one mess up and you are out
    of t10
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like most everyone else, making out about the same.  Barring a major screw-up I was mostly a T10 CL8 player and occasionally top 5, with the very very occasional T2.  Currently sitting on 8th place.  So the usual.

For the person in 1st and 3rd place, they were massive tappers but darn good pve players before tapping became a thing.

Not shocked here.  Everyone pretty much predicted that the tappers would still be getting good placement and the leaderboards would not be too shaken up beyond T10.  Tapping really was very much a first first world MPQ problem (in my opinion... I know others disagree)

I will say that I do love knowing that when I finish my initial clears and drop in placement later it will always be due to over-clearing.  I never really worried about it much.  Never tapped and just played my best game, and let the chips fall where they may.  But, it's neat to know where you stand after clearing, whereas before I never had any idea until the sub was over.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in 1.9.2 (maybe it is the third bracket).

I may or may not make Top 20 for the end of this one. I usually just play semi-optimally at convenient times to get Top 50 in a later slice. But my 5/2/2 BP will have two yellows in the pending queue after this event and I would like to be able to champion him (possibly using HFH for the last cover) in time.

I slacked a little in the 48 hour sub before I realized Top 50 was a potentially wasted cover, but based on where I ended sub 2 and my initial grind in sub 3 I think I will be okay?
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker

Not shocked here.  Everyone pretty much predicted that the tappers would still be getting good placement and the leaderboards would not be too shaken up beyond T10.  Tapping really was very much a first first world MPQ problem (in my opinion... I know others disagree)

I agree.  I usually can’t play optimal times, and was rarely a t10 player.  Lately I go for t50 in CL9, or when I’m lazy just do 5-6 clears throughout the day and end up t100.  This change has no effect on me.  The tapper in first dropped to 10th, and the non-tappers in t10 moved up, but I’m still 38th or whatever.  Sure there may be some tappers that quit aiming for top placement and are now competing with me, but that’s a very small group.  

I’m still glad they made the change. It makes sense and was the simplest solution.  It just doesn’t really affect me.
  • The rockett
    Like most everyone else, making out about the same.  Barring a major screw-up I was mostly a T10 CL8 player and occasionally top 5, with the very very occasional T2.  Currently sitting on 8th place.  So the usual.

For the person in 1st and 3rd place, they were massive tappers but darn good pve players before tapping became a thing.

I will say that I do love knowing that when I finish my initial clears and drop in placement later it will always be due to over-clearing.  I never really worried about it much.  Never tapped and just played my best game, and let the chips fall where they may.  But, it's neat to know where you stand after clearing, whereas before I never had any idea until the sub was over.
    There are a lot of tappers that cannot keep up but there are some that were elite PVE players before this.  These 2 are that elite category and I knew this when I saw them on my LB.  
    Example, this last sub I was waiting and watching the LB.  Went with 32 mins to go in the sub due to yellow node.  Take that out it would have been 21 mins for the rest of the sub for me to clear. 
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Im killin it tbqh, if i had the 5e id be t20 for sure, possibly even top t10 in my scl 7 slice. Im currently sitting in 11th but im gonna get passed by slower people w the 5e
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished 10th in SCL7. It was no different to where I normally finish. Then again, I always wait for at least a couple of flips before joining so I've always avoided tappers. 
  • The rockett
    Finished 3rd overall in 1.9.1 by 36 points.  For me I have been 1-5 in all pve events except tap off Events.  So I am very happy for this.