S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 8 Bundle (4/23/18)

13»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    I’m not impressed with the UK vs US pricing. Whilst i’m Led to believe this is more driven by the exchange rate of the App Store provider than the developers the disparity is striking. I’m being asked to pay £33.99 on Apple which is almost 1:1 whereas the exchange rate is closer to $1.4:£1 and has been for a while. If this was priced closer to £25 than £35 I might be tempted. 

It's not UK pricing, it's European pricing.
    It's 39 Euros, which equals about 34 Pounds.
    So you're actually cheaper off than the Euro zone.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    AXP_isme said:
    I’m not impressed with the UK vs US pricing. Whilst i’m Led to believe this is more driven by the exchange rate of the App Store provider than the developers the disparity is striking. I’m being asked to pay £33.99 on Apple which is almost 1:1 whereas the exchange rate is closer to $1.4:£1 and has been for a while. If this was priced closer to £25 than £35 I might be tempted. 

It's not UK pricing, it's European pricing.
    It's 39 Euros, which equals about 34 Pounds.
    So you're actually cheaper off than the Euro zone.
    Whoever designed that system, crossing the spread as many times as possible and not updating price points for months, is positively Machiavellian. Especially when you work for a company that’s so big you have your own internal treasury to hedge those types of fluctuations. It’s so egregious I hope the person responsible can still sleep at night (on their enormous, Scrooge McDuck style, pile of money).