S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 8 Bundle (4/23/18)

Comments

• JonnhyTezelas
    JonnhyTezelas Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    35€ you are getting crazy with this prices... You buy an triple a games almost
  • jetmarvel6
    jetmarvel6 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    With the 10 dollars for VIP is enough for me...
    35 dollars is too much!!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Bought some of the older bundles, but passing on this one. It does not do much for my roster at the moment and it will be 1 wasted Nico cover. Maybe next time.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    You guys complaining about the price crack me up!  If you chose to just buy the 4800 Hero Points that alone would cost you $35!!  62,000 ISO would cost you close to $90 and you still wouldn't get the 10 Command Points., covers or tokens. If it doesn't benefit you just move on.

//Removed Insult -Brigby
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    This is a very good deal. Would buy
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I would but the timing isn't working for me. As it is I have covers for Moon Knight, Quake and Yondu waiting for me to find enough ISO to champ them. I don't think I can scrounge up enough ISO to make that happen before they expire. If I bought this pack, I'd have to add Nova to the list and waist one of the Nico covers since I currently have her at 3/1/5. 
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018

Surprised there are no 5 star covers in there. If this is the step up from 7 then im not expecting any in the pack for SCL9 either. 

Although the price is probably in line with most of the items you can buy in game I still think as a whole it is too pricey.

68k Iso isn't going to get you anywhere. Well I think you can champ a 2 star for that ......but this is aimed at the current penultimate level of players.

• Shintok17
    Yoik said:

Surprised there are no 5 star covers in there. If this is the step up from 7 then im not expecting any in the pack for SCL9 either. 

Although the price is probably in line with most of the items you can buy in game I still think as a whole it is too pricey.

68k Iso isn't going to get you anywhere. Well I think you can champ a 2 star for that ......but this is aimed at the current penultimate level of players.

You can't even champ a 2* with that much Iso. It takes 69K to max level and 5K for Championing. So I think the devs are clueless on what roster strength is located in SCL 8. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik said:

I’m not. It’s the most premium cover type in the game. We might see it in 9 but more likely SCL10 if it ever exists will probably be the only one. My guess based on there trends is that SCL9 will probably offer 9 covers for 2 different 4*s and more resources. Hopefully a purple support pack too. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally,  I think its a reasonably priced deal and in fact they should have trippled the cost to $100 and given 3 complete 13cover 4*.

$100 to get 3 champable 4* is a reasonable entry price that allows you to be immediately competitive to reach 900. (even if those are you only 3 champable 4*)

My only real complaint about these shield packs is that they should offer a fully usable char. vs just 1 or 3 covers
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    No matter how appealing that red iso is that would allow me to upgrade my support an entire level, I just can't bring myself to spend my life savings on it.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    From this announcement:

Q: Will 5-Star characters be available for purchase?

A: 5-Star characters can’t be purchased. 5-Stars are epic and developing these characters will be a long-term goal. You'll need to collect each of the covers to upgrade their powers.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kojubat said:
    From this announcement:

A: 5-Star characters can’t be purchased. 5-Stars are epic and developing these characters will be a long-term goal. You'll need to collect each of the covers to upgrade their powers.
    Hot off the 2015 presses and all.  I bet the ink isn't even wet yet...

No matter how appealing that red iso is that would allow me to upgrade my support an entire level, I just can't bring myself to spend my life savings on it.

• Shintok17
    Kojubat said:
    From this announcement:

A lot of things have changed in 3 years. We did not have bundles like this back then.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Looking at what you're getting for the price, and what price you'd pay to get some of these things individually, I'm certainly inclined to call this a good deal. Honestly, I think the deals have been getting better. 

Personally though I'm still on the fence about these. There's nothing in these packages that my roster isn't capable of earning me for free except the support token really, and that alone isn't enough to trigger the spending impulse. I'll most likely buy these only when I've decided that I'm gonna drop some money on HP, and the additional rewards offered in these would sweeten the deal. For example, if I've decided to go ahead and drop $20 to get 2900 HP, I'll definitely consider dropping an additional $15 for 1700 more HP plus all this other cool stuff. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it a good deal?  Sure.  But I'm still not buying it.  I don't feel the need to spend $35 on the game right now.  I give them $2 a month and that's going to be it for me.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's a good deal, compared to what's available in store. 4800HP is about 25 bucks and 62,000 iso is about 80 bucks. So, you are getting 65% off just for these two resources. Add in 9 4* covers, CP.and others. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Brigby said:
    The S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 8 Bundle will be available following the R151 update, and is catered towards helping those who are just beginning their transition towards the 4-Star character tier.

Wow, SCL8 is for ayers who are just transitioning to the 4* tier according to devs? What's that make SCL9 then? Players with a small collection of champed 4*s?

What level are the enemies in pve for SCL8 again? Something doesn't add up here. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I think it depends where you are from. In the UK, we pay equivalent to $43 to buy this offer. $8 more than the US. 

For that reason, it certainly contributes to why I refuse to buy these offers. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I’m not impressed with the UK vs US pricing. Whilst i’m Led to believe this is more driven by the exchange rate of the App Store provider than the developers the disparity is striking. I’m being asked to pay £33.99 on Apple which is almost 1:1 whereas the exchange rate is closer to $1.4:£1 and has been for a while. If this was priced closer to £25 than £35 I might be tempted.