13»

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    babar3355 said:
    Come on @Brigby!  Give us something!  You don't even have to commit... just "most likely the last week in May".... or "Hopefully have some spoilers by the end of the week".    I don't understand why you guys don't like to communicate stuff like this with us????

he has already said something along the lines of "In May sometime..." trying to find his post. it's a very obscure but said in passing kind of one.
    It was said in my "Throw us a Bone" thread from 2 weeks ago.  
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72431/come-on-throw-us-a-bone#latest

And it wasn't quite "said in passing", it was Brigby saying that he couldn't give us anything more specific than "this month" for a release date, which ended up being quite enough for us (until now)
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    babar3355 said:
    Come on @Brigby!  Give us something!  You don't even have to commit... just "most likely the last week in May".... or "Hopefully have some spoilers by the end of the week".    I don't understand why you guys don't like to communicate stuff like this with us????

he has already said something along the lines of "In May sometime..." trying to find his post. it's a very obscure but said in passing kind of one.
    It was said in my "Throw us a Bone" thread from 2 weeks ago.  
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72431/come-on-throw-us-a-bone#latest

And it wasn't quite "said in passing", it was Brigby saying that he couldn't give us anything more specific than "this month" for a release date, which ended up being quite enough for us (until now)

Thanks @Mburn7 *knuckle bump*

• Mojo
    Mojo Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Fix game first.  New cards just give more problems. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its been more than 2 years and we have the same issues... they just take naps occasionally.  I think we have to live with them... more cards and content please.

• Gunmix25
    edited May 2018
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    [Edited to remove moderated content bk] 

I am asking for something more than "Sometime next Month"...  No idea why they avoid the MTG model of building  buzz for an upcoming release rather than hiding it and then dropping it on us a few days prior to release.

Maybe because WotC has had months upon months of development where as Oktagon has had two months approximately to put this together on top of fixing other issues? Not to mention that the process for WotC is old hat and refined. Oktagon is fairly new to this and working with a shorter development period.
  • AzraelCB
    AzraelCB Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    No idea why they avoid the MTG model of building  buzz for an upcoming release rather than hiding it and then dropping it on us a few days prior to release.
    I think this is the rub... paper and MTGPQ marketed and hyped so very differently. The MTGPQ community gets to watch as the paper gets teased and then released in grand set release tournaments. We are still in the dark knowing nothing but "soon".  They are different products, but it is not exactly apples and oranges. It may not be fair because these products are being maintained and distributed by different companies, but we have an expectation from paper. Silence while paper is enjoying DOM is not it. It has to be better than that.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    babar3355 said:

I am asking for something more than "Sometime next Month"...  No idea why they avoid the MTG model of building  buzz for an upcoming release rather than hiding it and then dropping it on us a few days prior to release.

Maybe because WotC has had months upon months of development where as Oktagon has had two months approximately to put this together on top of fixing other issues? Not to mention that the process for WotC is old hat and refined. Oktagon is fairly new to this and working with a shorter development period.
    Good point.

Now... If only they would fix those “other issues”....

Maybe their excuse would be justified. ;) 
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Froggy said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    babar3355 said:

Good point.

Now... If only they would fix those “other issues”....

Maybe their excuse would be justified. ;) 

I wholeheartedly agree!
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dominaria hasn’t been out in its paper form for even a month yet. As I recall, even at their best, it took at least a month to get the cards released to Puzzle Quest. Early on, it took them even longer. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Dominaria hasn’t been out in its paper form for even a month yet. As I recall, even at their best, it took at least a month to get the cards released to Puzzle Quest. Early on, it took them even longer. 
    The best was HOU which was released around 2 weeks after the paper release. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is my hope that they are fixing the major issues in parallel with working on Dominaria (After all there are different people in the team with different skills, the whole company doesn't work on just a single thing at a time.), so I'm hoping the 2.7 release has a lot of bug-fixes + Dominaria rather than the other way around.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    wereotter said:
    Even still. It’s been three weeks now and people are losing their minds haha
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:
    bken1234 said:
    wereotter said:
    Even still. It’s been three weeks now and people are losing their minds haha
    Its less losing our minds that we don't have the set released and more losing our minds that they haven't communicated anything in 3 weeks.. until yesterday.