Guesses on Dominaria release?

Options

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Coilbox said:
    Coilbox said:
    i started hoarding all kind of currencies a few weeks ago, and will save them to that day, will be party day!
    Come on @FindingHeart8 we have time for some more birthday gifts ;)

all my saved crystals are probably going to go to Karn when he's finally released lol.
    Ahh, you should have gotten it when he was available for cash, it wasn't really expensive... and after playing with him for a while... my god, it's a super amazing PW, loving the infinite possibilities you can go for and the mechanics of his skills  :3
    not gonna lie...it's tempting :)
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, not the paper release, and not May 1. Next elite pack rotation is in 12 days, RIX rotates in 19 days, and Karn is available for 21 days. So I'm guessing May 20'ish now for Dominaria release?
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    So, not the paper release, and not May 1. Next elite pack rotation is in 12 days, RIX rotates in 19 days, and Karn is available for 21 days. So I'm guessing May 20'ish now for Dominaria release?
    one day...far from now...probably at a time where we stopped caring lol
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i got karn for cash honestly as much for the cards as anything lotus is nice rest can be useful the golem ehh kind of pricy for what it does but it is ok
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hoo boy, it's getting tough to not impulse-buy some premium packs out of sheer boredom...
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The fact that we're still guessing is indicative of a greater problem.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Final guess is May 22nd since Oktagon is rather fond of Tuesday releases. Which leads me to think that this Thursday or Friday will be the reveal (that is ...if we get a reveal)

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

Final guess is May 22nd since Oktagon is rather fond of Tuesday releases. Which leads me to think that this Thursday or Friday will be the reveal (that is ...if we get a reveal)

@Brigby promised a reveal once we get close to the release date, and that the release would be this month.  
    That would lead me to believe that the gallery will go up at some point this week, since we haven't been informed of any sort of delay.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hope the release will be delayed for more game stability. I don't care about waiting a bit longer if it means that the release won't be the usual total catastrophy
    Absolutely agree. This past weekend was a disaster, and I am very frustrated with the current game state.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    I hope the release will be delayed for more game stability. I don't care about waiting a bit longer if it means that the release won't be the usual total catastrophy
    Absolutely agree. This past weekend was a disaster, and I am very frustrated with the current game state.
    "The current game state" has been the status quo for a very long time now.  I can't remember the last time the game was completely stable, even after I got a new phone that can actually run the app without crashing every 10 min.

As far as I know there aren't any new bugs either, just old ones that won't go away.

App crashes and freezes mid-match don't look like they're going away any time soon, I just hope the DOM cards actually do what they say they do (unlike a ton of IXN/RIX cards).
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    "The current game state" has been the status quo for a very long time now.  I can't remember the last time the game was completely stable, even after I got a new phone that can actually run the app without crashing every 10 min.

As far as I know there aren't any new bugs either, just old ones that won't go away.

App crashes and freezes mid-match don't look like they're going away any time soon, I just hope the DOM cards actually do what they say they do (unlike a ton of IXN/RIX cards).

From what I have seen of the cards in Dominaria so far... The mechanics aren't as intermeshed as IXN/RIX so hopefully that should lessen the bug issues that we all may face (doubtful, but here's hoping). It is the Sagas that I am worried about. I fully expect them to be problematic.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Mburn7 said:

From what I have seen of the cards in Dominaria so far... The mechanics aren't as intermeshed as IXN/RIX so hopefully that should lessen the bug issues that we all may face (doubtful, but here's hoping). It is the Sagas that I am worried about. I fully expect them to be problematic.
    I agree, its why I predicted that sagas wouldn't be ported over.  There aren't that many of them, they arent strictly necessary for any other cards or effects, and they would be extremely complicated to code properly
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure delaying the DOM release will have any impact on the server stability.  Anyway, would love some news about when we can expect some news!

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Come on @Brigby!  Give us something!  You don't even have to commit... just "most likely the last week in May".... or "Hopefully have some spoilers by the end of the week".    I don't understand why you guys don't like to communicate stuff like this with us????

• NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We had general news a couple weeks ago (there was a similar thread begging for info).... I think we could do with some specifics at this point.
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Agreed I don’t understand why there is always communication shutdown when it comes to new content. WOTC is good about communicating their important dates, I don’t understand why you guys treat it so differently. You have a very loyal user base, if you give us a date and then had to push it back I’m sure we would understand. The radio silence is just disheartening, and makes me think there is just so much turmoil behind the scenes that you’re afraid to give us an update. 

@Brigby care to share
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD NOTE] Merged threads on DOM release [//MOD NOTE]
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Come on @Brigby!  Give us something!  You don't even have to commit... just "most likely the last week in May".... or "Hopefully have some spoilers by the end of the week".    I don't understand why you guys don't like to communicate stuff like this with us????

he has already said something along the lines of "In May sometime..." trying to find his post. it's a very obscure but said in passing kind of one.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think we deserve more transparency on this topic. Please don't use the "surprise factor" and "anticipation hype" as reasons for this silence... It's getting old. Heck, waiting for any reactions and information I'm getting old.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see the final product implemented properly instead of a fishy rushy thing. But implementation is one thing, communication is something completely different.