Comments

• Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Bigtone said:
    I never used that button
    Same 
  • fireb0mber
    fireb0mber Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Please put the level up arrow on the cover page (bellow the color offre the powers), or best into the filter with the stars and Heart (favorites caractères)
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Bigtone said:
    I never used that button
    And therefore no one should have the option to use it.

It does seem like many of those on Steam are of the “lose it” crowd, while many on mobile made good use of it. (A very cursory observation.)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bigtone said:
    I never used that button
    I did.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Insert25c said:
    Bigtone said:
    I never used that button
    And therefore no one should have the option to use it.

It does seem like many of those on Steam are of the “lose it” crowd, while many on mobile made good use of it. (A very cursory observation.)
    I'm on mobile and never used it. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never used that button. I always know who I'm leveling and what they need just by number of covers. Main roster scroll is fine. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Never used it for levelling, but did use it for checking health regeneration times. Now I have to go into a battle screen to see it, unless I'm missing something?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, that's the only way. My thinking is, if you want to check certain health of a character, it means that you want to use them for battle. Since you are going into fight, the selection screen is naturally where you train your characters before you go into a fight. So, I see not much use for the train button except it's convenience only if you are going into fight. With PvE, DDQ, and PvP, you would be going into fight screen at least 50 times per day if you do all three. Even DDQ requires about 7 fight.
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I also liked to use it to train a bunch of heroes at a whack, and see their health regen time.   Not sure why it disappeared, but I'd prefer it back.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I have a steam account somewhere in 2star land and an android account around 3star to 4star land.

That training button was a godsend. Very convenient to see who could be made stronger, also the graphic showing so was useful.  
    Now we have to guess or try and use them for a fight? Soo much more time consuming. Heck why not even add it in the OPTIONS? So those who never use it can hide it. Then you please every crowd.
  • a grumbler
    a grumbler Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    The train button was never perfect but was VERY handy rather than trawling through 150 characters to find the ones that are upgradable.
    There is a simple alternative though, if the up arrow appeared on the normal roster list, everyone would be happy.
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Of all the things that need fixing in this game the train button is not one of them.  I don't think Ive used the train button since the beta
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rather see a Filter added to the Battle Selection UI.. I haven't used the Train button since they added a Filter to the Roster button.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    I quite liked the Train button to be honest, I found it to be quite a handy way to quickly see how long it would take for a damaged character to be healed and I kinda liked the way you could see the thumbnail artwork and the character artwork there. I know this is info is also available when selecting a character before a fight, so I can't really say it brought anything that was unique, so while I would choose to bring it back when given the choice I can understand why a lot of people who didn't use it say they do not care for the old Train button and that there is no real need for its return.

Having said that, if the amount of use was a measure to go by... I can honestly say that today was the first time I used the Support button in 4 days time, where I used the train button several times a day when it was still there. But then again, this could possibly say more about the usefulness of Supports and the flow of red Iso at this moment... (hint: they are very low in my opinion) than anything else.

I'll hold off any real judgement to see what the coming weeks bring in the development of the Supports feature. 
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Here were my thoughts, prior to the Support button getting added:

"Currently the "Train" button offers no function that can't currently be performed in the "Roster" button, while the "Roster" button allows for artwork/bio viewing, faster max-levelling, and character sellback; as well as filtering by rarity level.

To put it bluntly, the "Train" button is redundant."

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70343/non-game-screen-replace-train-button-with-something-better#latest
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    But I did want the Train button replaced with a Battle Prep button that would let players apply health packs and manage/request/buy their teamups and boosts without having to go into the pre-game screen.

If that could be combined with a character-centric screen that would allow assigning/changing Supports (rather than a Support-centric screen that does not show who's assigned to it), I'd really dig that.