Bring back the train button

PeeOne
PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
Or an easier way to see who in the roster needs training... 128 characters I can’t remember each ones level and if I can spend iso on them..

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    You can see who to level up at any pre-fight selection screen. Unless you are only opening packs every day and don't play PvE, PvP or DDQ, then I understand your inconvenience. 

Besides, if you have 128 characters, what's the possibilities of having to level up all of them? If you have 128 characters, chances are, you would know who to level up. Secondly, if you have 20 million iso, I unserstand the inconvenience. But if you have only a couple of millions, it get used up very fast. 

I find it quite surprising that many players missed the arrow pointing up sign on their characters at the pre-fight character selection screen. I'm sure you know that champed characters doesn't need iso. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I have 147 characters and never needed to use the train button. I know who needs leveling.

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i think i accidentally hit that button twice. what did it do that can't be done using other methods?
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    I never used the train button. Glad it’s gone
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    i think i accidentally hit that button twice. what did it do that can't be done using other methods?
    It had overlays over the icons for characters who could either have covers applied or leveled up with the user's available iso.  It would also show an overlay for injured characters showing how long it'd take for them to recover.

Presumably they don't do this is cheaper to do compared to the other roster screen because it only needs to retrieve the data for eight characters at a time.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Having over 200 toons with fully running 2:3:4 star duplicate farms, it was a nice convenience to have.  I would have preferred it stay.
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    JHawkInc said:
    Take the gold arrow from the Assemble Your Heroes pre-fight screen, that indicates they can be leveled up, put it on the Roster page somewhere (like, right below the colored cover indicators?), and we keep the utility without needing the Train button in the first place.
    This. That yellow arrow makes a huuge difference, and having to go to the character selection screen just for it is ridiculous. Stop making your game more and more inconvenient to play. 
  • Spider-Man_023
    Spider-Man_023 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Yes. Please bring back the train arrow.
    I only miss Daredevil 5* at my rooster.
    With so many chars i'm unable to remember, wich one would be trainable.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I was finding very strange that my ISO was increasing and only realised that it was because the train button had disappeared considerably late. I hadn't any visual warning that I could level my characters or which characters I could level.

I miss the train button and would like to get it back, or at least get another visual tips for these kinds of situations.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    I guess these woes are harder to understand for a player that's been around for a while. When you get to where most, if not all your 3*s are champed, you just assume that every character you have can be leveled. I wouldn't be opposed to putting a little golden level up arrow on any you can level up when looking at the roster screen.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I never once went to the train screen on purpose , wasn't it the same as the character selection screen before a battle ?
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally never really used it because I knew where everyone was. And when you went in, it was like looking at a mini roster with some arrows but I still had to scroll through a huge number of people too find the characters to level up. And when I did find them, I didn't want to level those up anyway. 

What would be helpful is a "Dojo" where you can just find the people who need attention (be it covers adding or iso) and the rest filtered. Still probably wouldn't use it, but more helpful than previous and more helpful than nothing. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I haven't used it to know who to train since I was in 3* land, but I used it several times per day to check on healing times. It's exceedingly tedious to have to go into each character in turn and page through to find their health.

That said, the train screen as it was was not very functional or useful once you got beyond a couple of pages of characters. I seem to remember that it jumped back to the first page after you trained someone.

Could a "can be trained" filter be added to the roster screen? It seems like that would solve most of the problems. Not mine, but I'm a big girl - I can deal.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think the button needed to exist where it did, but now that it's gone and we're forced to train through our roster page we do need some simplified character pages. Why do we need 9 pages of info for every character and why are they ordered how they are? Why is the first page the one that shows us their cover distribution (which we cannot interact with here) and the 'Sell for" function? Bury that. We can already see the cover distribution right from the roster screen, we don't need that info again first thing, and selling a character on our roster we're working so hard to build up shouldn't be right up front and that accessible.

Make the first character page be the Level / Level Max / Add Level screen. This screen also has space for the 'Equip Support' button, which would mean now the first page neatly contains all of the immediately useful actions we'd want to access, without additional clicking / scrolling. Once a support has been equipped the Support Details / Swap Support screen should get its own page, but it doesn't need one until then.

As for people wanting a way to see who can be trained, they can easily add another filter for this to the pull-down on the roster screen.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    This button offered nothing but redundant information.

For covers I just go to the reward screen, all the covers that say level up or train can be applied. If it says "roster" the cover is unusable.

On the roster screen, all the characters with blue levels (champs) dont need any iso, the ones with white levels still need iso.
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Hadronic said:
    This button offered nothing but redundant information.

For covers I just go to the reward screen, all the covers that say level up or train can be applied. If it says "roster" the cover is unusable.

On the roster screen, all the characters with blue levels (champs) dont need any iso, the ones with white levels still need iso.
    Sure, none of the information was anything you couldn't find elsewhere, but it provided a single location that was easily accessible where you could do both of those things, which purely makes sense. It also offered a visual indicator to inform you which characters needed work (covers or iso), which is the biggest deal to me.

And just because a character isn't champed doesn't mean that you can put iso into them. If it was that simple this would be a non-issue. In fact, I'd say it's incredibly close to being a non-issue as it is. Just stick that yellow arrow indicator onto the roster page the same way it was on the train page and the problem is entirely solved.

Given that managing your roster is a pretty integral part of the game, it's probably in the dev's best interests to make it as simple and intuitive as possible, and to me this seems like a step away from that. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    In sum, there are some simple UI changes they can make to fix an uncomfortable alteration, which is an easy win for them. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here and assuming they know and understand this but couldn't get it in place in time for their Supports launch window. Because this is really obvious.
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I never used that button