Ack, exploding tech is back

124»

Comments

• JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Fourth day is Astral plane, where the countdown tiles cause abilities to cost +2 AP, and can randomly stun a character on either team.  Of course, the "Neutral" countdown tiles create Attack tiles when they're matched by Doc Ock.  Second turn into the first match in Green Goblin's required node, I'm already facing down 808 damage.  Yeah, this is fun.
    Medusa and Hawkguy passively generate additional AP from matching the neutral tiles. Boosted Riri can fire her blue like crazy with these two and Medusa will have enough purple to steal enemy specials and shake the board every few turns. Haven't had to use many health packs with them.

• cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Well to echo the thoughts of many I can say with absolute honesty this event is my least favourite of them all.  I'd rather play Sim for a month straight.

I truly never ever want to play FfW again, at least not in it's current form... but I know I will.

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    On the bright side, at least Simulator seems nice and relaxing now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the bright side, at least Simulator seems nice and relaxing now.
    Am i the only one struggling with the Shuri/P4nther/Gho5t Rider node?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe if we complain enough, this event will get the Venom Bomb treatment.  I echo cpeyton, rather play sim over and over than this event.  Though, I will say, Sim is horrible too...

The least they could do is make the tiles alternate odd and even numbering so it'll activate on alternate turns.  As others have said before, how come neutral tiles only hurt the player?  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe if we complain enough, this event will get the Venom Bomb treatment.  I echo cpeyton, rather play sim over and over than this event.  Though, I will say, Sim is horrible too...

The least they could do is make the tiles alternate odd and even numbering so it'll activate on alternate turns.  As others have said before, how come neutral tiles only hurt the player?  
    The numbering wouldn't affect them only counting down on the enemy turn. If they doubled the timers on them and they ticked down on both your own and the enemies turn then even and odd numbering could help.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I've come to accept that the design is just idiotic and they aren't going to change it.  What I really wish would happen is that ALL the resolution would happen at once and we wouldn't have to watch, for example, each and every shield change one at a time.  Animation takes forever with these tiles and it just drags out the fight and makes it super boring.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:

The numbering wouldn't affect them only counting down on the enemy turn. If they doubled the timers on them and they ticked down on both your own and the enemies turn then even and odd numbering could help.
    Gotcha, I never noticed that they only ticked down on the enemies turn.  Just knew that it always benefited them  :/

So, in that case, I guess the change should be that the countdown ticks down on both sides turns...
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Doctor Octopus considers the so-called neutral tiles to be enemy tiles, so Insult to Injury procs when they're matched.

Why do some characters see them as neutral tiles, but other characters see them as enemy tiles? A little consistency would be nice.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 said:
    Doctor Octopus considers the so-called neutral tiles to be enemy tiles, so Insult to Injury procs when they're matched.

Why do some characters see them as neutral tiles, but other characters see them as enemy tiles? A little consistency would be nice.
    It's all in how the ability is worded.  Characters on both sides will view the environmental tiles as enemy 'special tiles,' but they are not enemy countdown tiles.  Most abilities specifically list they types of tiles that they effect (i.e. strike, attack, protect, or countdown), but there are a few (Like 3* Oc) that lump these all together under 'special tiles'.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first sub with the bombs is horrible. Too many countdowns, too short, too much damage.

The second sub is Medusa's playground. Doesn't even matter if she's boosted. Bring a B/G user along and go to town.

Third & fourth aren't that bothersome, to be honest. At least the stuns in 4 sometimes go in your favour.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    The first sub with the bombs is horrible. Too many countdowns, too short, too much damage.

The second sub is Medusa's playground. Doesn't even matter if she's boosted. Bring a B/G user along and go to town.

Third & fourth aren't that bothersome, to be honest. At least the stuns in 4 sometimes go in your favour.
    With reluctance, I have to agree. My earlier posts in this thread were overstated; the 2nd and 3rd subs aren't nearly as terrible as the 1st -- certainly not the 3rd. But that 1st (and the 2nd, but less so) is really egerregiously bad.

That said, it is still annoying and tedious and I do not look forward to seeing it again.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    The biggest problem is how much longer fights get dragged out. Clears become boring. 

The Simulator is meant to be one of the tougher PVE's, yet it feels a breeze after playing FFW.