Ack, exploding tech is back

Comments

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Medusa and Loki actually got me through the 5* essential relatively quickly and painlessly. Just focus on black and keep flipping the protect tiles. The damage really adds up fast! 
    Hmm, this makes me think I'm going to experiment using Cloak and Dagger/Wasp.
    That may not work as well as you might think because Wasp will still flip shields that the enemy can use to their advantage. Feel free to try it out though and let us know if and how it works. 
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    today's grind was a lot more grindy than usual. Finished about 10 minutes later than I usually do. Figured I was probably ranked in 20's.......finished 6th. So obviously I wasn't alone. I'll be glad when this event is over
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have the same feeling, it's like playing with handcuffs on. There being green sentries everywhere does not better the situation. :/
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    The 3rd loaner node was a nightmare :(

• qandols
    Tell me about it. Had to do it twice.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seriously wonder how much thought is given into the loaner nodes for these events.  If you are going to make them required to move on, it would be nice if they at least had some fun synergy with the enemy's powers.  You know, maybe make the game fun?  I'm not asking for a cake walk but at least something that showcases the fun of the game.
  • qandols
    You're so right. No thought at all, I'd say.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    I don't have good versions of the boosted characters this go-around, so I'm also finding it is taking longer. It takes me basically all 10 health packs to do the required character nodes for each sub in SCL8. I don't hate it, but i can't bring myself to go beyond the basic 4 progression clears this time around
    I pretty much hate it. As I said to my alliance: "I find this PVE event to be both tedious and highly annoying."

It boils down to the galling unfairness of dropping all collateral damage on the player and not on the AI.

Edited to say it doesn't boil down to just that. All the protects flipping only to the enemy also sucks massively. I tried using Medusa (without Loki) and I wondered if I'd ever finish the node. Seriously, it took like half and hour flipping protect tile ownership over and over. Bad mistake...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seriously wonder how much thought is given into the loaner nodes for these events.  If you are going to make them required to move on, it would be nice if they at least had some fun synergy with the enemy's powers.  You know, maybe make the game fun?  I'm not asking for a cake walk but at least something that showcases the fun of the game.
    Makes me think of kraven being the required 4 star on a 3 day event and only on day 3 was there an opponent that made special tiles. He is already pretty bad in most players eyes and they didn' really let him have a shot at doing what he is good at.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having fun with 3* HE and 3* Dr Ock on the 2nd sub. Dr Ock's Manipulation was 1HKOing many characters after the protect tiles were switched to the opposing side. Help the opponent get more protect tiles. Use Magneto, Sandman etc.

2nd sub: Jean Grey, Jubilee, War Machine, Peggy Carter, Kraven, Invisible Woman, Carnage etc. 

3rd sub (AP steal): I think this one shouldn't be a problem.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    What do we have to deal with in the 4th sub?  I forgot...or maybe, I just wanted to forget lol
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    gmtosca said:
    What do we have to deal with in the 4th sub?  I forgot...or maybe, I just wanted to forget lol
    Hazard tiles that increase the AP to fire powers by 2 and stun a random character when the countdown ends.

At least with me the stunning happened more with the enemy team on in last run
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    The required characters they choose always seem to be the ones that are really slow to actually get any hard hitting powers off. Its a really boring experience. 
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    This event is horrendous though. The Hunt used to be my most hated event purely because of its tediousness of fighting the same characters every single day. 

The devs moved this one into top spot though the minute they designed one that was purely to slow down our clear times in the most annoying ways possible. Its just a horrible, horrible event. 

Yeah I forgot about all the hazards and picked SLC8 for this event. I'm not even going to make the first 3* cover because I'm so bored playing it waiting for the tiles to resolve and getting smashed by the cascades favouring the AI.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    This event is horrendous though. The Hunt used to be my most hated event purely because of its tediousness of fighting the same characters every single day. 

The devs moved this one into top spot though the minute they designed one that was purely to slow down our clear times in the most annoying ways possible. Its just a horrible, horrible event. 
    If I had three hands, I would give three thumbs up on your comment, here. Exactly right. 
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Normally I can start a day 2 grind with 35-40 min left and finish with no issue. Today I started 55mins early.....and still wasnt able to complete all the nodes. Ugh....one more day. And of course, my second least fav event is next....Simulator.....Yay
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fourth day is Astral plane, where the countdown tiles cause abilities to cost +2 AP, and can randomly stun a character on either team.  Of course, the "Neutral" countdown tiles create Attack tiles when they're matched by Doc Ock.  Second turn into the first match in Green Goblin's required node, I'm already facing down 808 damage.  Yeah, this is fun.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

5* Daredevil likes most of the hazard tiles this event.

Explosions making him take damage? Great, that just means he's spitting out more strike tiles!

Royal Shield gave the enemy protect tiles? Take them back with Sonar Strike!

Astral Vision stuns enemies? Hey, you get to deal extra damage to them!

The only one he can't really work with is Collapsing Mines, but Three out of four ain't bad.