qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
Title says it all.  :/

Comments

• qandols
    That would really be awesome  :D

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed that Moonstone treats these as "enemy specials" for the purposes of Gravity Warp at 5 covers. This may be a known thing, but I had that power prioritize exploding tech tiles over actual enemy owned countdowns twice in the same match for what it's worth.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I noticed that Moonstone treats these as "enemy specials" for the purposes of Gravity Warp at 5 covers. This may be a known thing, but I had that power prioritize exploding tech tiles over actual enemy owned countdowns twice in the same match for what it's worth.
    This is a known bug (? undocumented feature ?) from the previous run. Abilities that target "enemy specials" include the 'neutral' count downs for both teams. Abilities that target "enemy countdown tiles" do not target the 'neutral' count downs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I figured it was probably known. I have to say, I'm highly amused this run of Wakanda featuring the primary antagonist (Green Goblin) as the 5* Required character. So many shielded specials on the board, I wish i had a better Shuri to pair with them lol
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    The first two runs were new releases, so I played at a lower SCL.  I was a little surprised when the first tile went off on the 5* essential.  BOOM!
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I really think my suggestion (that got ignored and buried in Feb) could really help. 

Allow these tiles to resolve on alternating sides. That way we can sometimes benefit from the cascade of damage and AP. 

My first run in XFW essential, 5 tiles went off in one turn, resulted in numerous cascades, hoards of AP and then the other side used all their powers and wiped me out... on the first clear! Not impressed :(
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I really think my suggestion (that got ignored and buried in Feb) could really help. 

Allow these tiles to resolve on alternating sides. That way we can sometimes benefit from the cascade of damage and AP. 

My first run in XFW essential, 5 tiles went off in one turn, resulted in numerous cascades, hoards of AP and then the other side used all their powers and wiped me out... on the first clear! Not impressed :(
    Bagman can extend one of them out for you by a turn or two lol
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems that they don't have the time to fix this issue. Which means.... I still could use my Dr Ock and 3* Hawkeyes. B)
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    The first run I believe had Nightcrawler as the 4* Essential, and it was certainly nice having go airborne to avoid the damage whenever one went off. Haven't tried Quake yet to see if her passive applies. 
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    The first run I believe had Nightcrawler as the 4* Essential, and it was certainly nice having go airborne to avoid the damage whenever one went off. Haven't tried Quake yet to see if her passive applies. 
    Exploding tiles only targets the characters in front on each side, not the entire team anymore. So quake won’t work for this anymore. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Exploding tiles only targets the characters in front on each side, not the entire team anymore. So quake won’t work for this anymore. 
    And nightcrawler will not dodge it either.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    The devs allegedly made the hazard tiles "Neutral". Which is a lie since they only go off on our turn. The damage from the initial tile is done to us and the enemy, but the cascade that results in the tiles explosion only affects us. 
  • qandols
    edited April 2018
    Will 5* Gambit overwrite the countdowns? No, he wont. Sucks, there are really no good countermeasures, are there?
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    ^^^^^^^^ yeah what he said  :D:D:D
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Dollars to donuts this exploding tech is designed just to deplete health packs.  I used less health packs in the last 2 events combine compared to the first day in the wakanda event.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Shintok17 said:
    The devs allegedly made the hazard tiles "Neutral". Which is a lie since they only go off on our turn. The damage from the initial tile is done to us and the enemy, but the cascade that results in the tiles explosion only affects us. 
    Yea, they should make the counter randomly even or odd numbered. 
  • qandols
    And to quote the early star wars movies: 'There's too many of them...'
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    It feels worse than the last time.