Update to Wolverine (X-Force) Champion Rewards (4/10/18)

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was hoping for SS or Phoenix not the one 5* who’s been nerfed into oblivion .... however I do appreciate the feeders so thank you. Always a nice treat 
    Phoenix may not have been the best example as she's been nerfed into oblivion by simple powercreep. Besides Banner/Hulk and Doc Ock who have been bad since launch, Phx is the 5 In forest need of a rebalance.
  • omen
    omen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Great news! I'm one of the lucky few who don't have 5 black on OML.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    What would be nice is if Support could exchange covers gained this way as they do with latest legends.  Never happen though.
    Yeah, my Drax turned 300 for my lovely 5/5/2 Star Lord.  It happens.  I delayed applying the level as long as possible on the off chance I draw the SL green from Classics.

I'm hoping at some point they code exchanges into the game.  There would be a cost, I'm sure (HP, hopefully,) but it would make covering older 5*s a hell of a lot easier...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Three more covers for my OML. Not complaining about that, I still use him for PvE grinds from time to time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    My XFW (1/3/2) is weaksauce, but at least he's double fed by 3*s. Maybe I'll see if I can bonus hero my way to at least a few extra covers for my 2/0/2 OML
  • OldManWolvs
    OldManWolvs Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I move for a second OML feeder next week. Like say Xforce Deadpool! Then I can champ my OML again. Please and thank you.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Bad News:  My level 283 XFW will be giving the middle claw to my 5/3/3 OML....
    Good News(?): Only 37 more XFW covers until my OML is fully covered....
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    My OML is currently 1/0/3
    My XFW is currently L287

One extra cover is cool, it will move him from about 18th worst covered 5* to 15th.  I was planning on making him my 5* BH since he's one of the characters I don't have feeder-ready that would actually be useful at some point.  
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Yes, 4 more bonus OML champ levels. Thanks D3. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Seems the theory that these updates are coming a week after the new season is correct for the most part. This is certainly nice for a 4-star who in himself has 2-feeders, and one of those feeders has his own feeder too. My OML is 1/3/2, and will definitely appreciate the love. 

Gotta be honest though, I'd say of the 5 champ levels my XFW has, 4 came from Patch and Colossus. RNG hasn't really shown XFW any kind of love from me pulling tokens/CP, so I don't expect that to change. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    My first 4-5 feeder that leaves me with an unusable cover. XFW was my 1st 4* champ, and OML was one of my less evenly covered 5*s. Now at 5/2/3, eventually I will have him covered with 2 sold black covers. Just glad it wasn't 5* Strange yet. At 5/3/5 I would really struggle with champing him or not.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor

Feeder system by the numbers using wolverine as an example.  63 two star wolverine covers are needed to cycle and create 3 three star Patch covers.

To fully level that three star Patch to level 266 (113 three star covers needed), it would require 2373 of that particular two star wolverine cover.  

This max three star Patch produced 3 Four Star covers for X-force.  You would have to cycle that particular Three star patch 4 times plus 30 Three star patch covers  to fully covers the Four star character X-force.   This means it would require 10,122  two star wolverine covers (9492 + 630) to get it done.

Let's carry this forward.  You could get two more covers for X-force with just  82 more Patch covers this would be 1722 more (2 star covers)  Your Xforce is now Level 272.

You want 8 more levels to get that Old Man Logan cover.  That would be two cycles of Patch, and then Patch to level 223. (57 +166) [70 patch covers] So 296 more patch covers. So that is 6,216 more two star wolverine covers.

So how many did it take to get here total? 18060 two star wolverine covers, give or take a few.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    270 XFW and 1/2/0 OML are disinterested.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/3 OML and LVL 295 XFW are mildly upset, although not quite as ticked off as my 5/5/2 Thano5 and LVL 290 Gamora.  Still, it's never a bad thing to have bigger access to 5-star covers.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am happy with the OML cover...it's maybe worth noting that I champed XFW on the weekend Logan opened (March 3, 2017) - I must have had one cover - and he's only increased to 286 in the meantime.  I'd have to dig, but that's approximately 10 covers from pulls in that time.  (The rest coming from 3* champs and PVP progression.) So in about 5 years I might finally have him at 360!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am pleased to have covered OML again after selling him previously, less pleased that I now need to rack up 400k ISO to avoid wasting the extra cover.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker

It was nice to log in yesterday and get two OML covers.  My Champ 451 OML (now 453) appreciated the bump and I appreciated the rewards (5k ISO and 25 CP).  My XfcW is 300, so just made that 2nd cover... It'll be a while before I get anymore OML covers, but that's ok.  Still a lovely improvement.  Thank you!

I look forward to additional changes like this (ie more 4*-to-5* feeders).

• Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    My OML is now 11/8/0.  This frustrates me to no end.  Resupply doesn't supply a red cover and I will have yet another yellow cover rot when XFW gets to that level.  With zero red, there is NOTHING I can do to fix the problem.  I would not complain if I could get ONE red cover so it was just a matter of saving up the ridiculous amount of command points to buy the other two so the wasting of covers could end, but no such luck.  It's like a punch in the face everytime they give me another 5* cover of the wrong color without a mechanism to fix the problem.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Edelkin said:
    My OML is now 11/8/0.  This frustrates me to no end.  Resupply doesn't supply a red cover and I will have yet another yellow cover rot when XFW gets to that level.  With zero red, there is NOTHING I can do to fix the problem.  I would not complain if I could get ONE red cover so it was just a matter of saving up the ridiculous amount of command points to buy the other two so the wasting of covers could end, but no such luck.  It's like a punch in the face everytime they give me another 5* cover of the wrong color without a mechanism to fix the problem.
    Your best bet is to wait until OML is in the HFH store when he is essential in a story event. It's cheaper to buy the cover there then to buy it outright from the character itself. The only thing is are you going to be lucky enough to get a red one. 
  • Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    They rotate them so red will be the third one available sometime in the year 2025 when OML has been through there for the third time.  It is a pretty mess that shouldn't be allowed to occur.  I even bought every token I could afford during OML's tenure in one of the special stores for 25 command points each only to get four of them that were NOT RED and all had to be sold for iso because they wouldn't swap them.