Update to Wolverine (X-Force) Champion Rewards (4/10/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Following the daily patch tomorrow (April 11th), we will be updating the Champion rewards for Wolverine (X-Force). Six covers of Wolverine (Old Man Logan) will be added to Wolverine (X-Force)'s Champion rewards.

The covers will be rewarded at the following Champion levels:
  • 280 -  Living Legend / Still Sharp 
  • 300 - yellowtilepng Die Hard / Old Habits 
  • 320 -  Reluctant Hero / Finish the Fight 
  • 340 -  Living Legend / Still Sharp 
  • 350 - yellowtilepng Die Hard / Old Habits 
  • 360 -  Reluctant Hero / Finish the Fight 
If you'd like the champion reward breakdown, check out the original announcement here: Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards

Players will be able to earn additional covers of Wolverine (X-Force) by placing well in the current run of Meet Rocket & Groot, or through progression rewards during the Fight for Wakanda Story event later this week.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh dag nabbit I freakin knew it. I FREAKIN knew it.
    I KNEW I shoulda stopped spending ISO on my 2* farm and just poured it into OML

Great...now to see if I can make 500k ISO in a fortnight so the two free covers don't go to waste.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for a new feeder! Also, I can’t recall if it was used before, but the color icons in the list are a nice touch.
  • Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Wasted black coming my way. Yay.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Jomu5 said:
    Wasted black coming my way. Yay.
    My OML has been stuck at 5/0/2 for about a year now and I have another black cover coming as a resupply in about a month, so two wasted covers for me. Still, I'm still glad they are updating more champ rewards.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    My X-Force Wolverine is only at 277, but my 3/3/5 Old Man Logan will be happy.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nooooooooooo. Now I'll have to sell my 9th Red IM46 cover, this time from daily rewards, for my 14/4/3 IM..
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    What would be nice is if Support could exchange covers gained this way as they do with latest legends.  Never happen though.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn.. all I saw was Wolverine (X-Force) Update.. I hoped he was finally getting a rebalance
    Rebalances happen in the Season Update. Which was last week.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Can you guys stop choosing the 5* feeders from the pool of a dozen or so 4*s I don't have champed yet?
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Was hoping for SS or Phoenix not the one 5* who’s been nerfed into oblivion .... however I do appreciate the feeders so thank you. Always a nice treat 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oml 5/2/4, xfw lvl 305. is it worth it to spend 720cp to finish him so the black cover is not wasted?
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Pongie said:
    Oml 5/2/4, xfw lvl 305. is it worth it to spend 720cp to finish him so the black cover is not wasted?
    I am even worse, 5/5/2 OML with xfw at 311.  I am going to have to sell two covers
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Welp as someone who never had him covered until after the nerf, I never bothered to champ him or change his cover layout.  Since we will get these covers from XFW, it's time to pay the champ cost.  Is there a "best build" for the nerfed powers?  My RNG version is at 5/5/3 currently.  Is there a concensus best build I should change him to once I champ him and apply these new covers?  Thanks for any advice vets can give.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    My XFW is almost high enough to grant me all the covers! This pleases me!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    @shobi6669 i enjoy him at 553. Green is not what it used to be but at least a decent boardshake. Useless at lower covers. Black still neat. Yellow, could be useful if you're lucky, I don't care for it. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    I am even worse, 5/5/2 OML with xfw at 311.  I am going to have to sell two covers
    Still 720cp if you want to convert those two covers to 2 champion levels. Is it worth it though?
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Pongie said:
    Pongie said:
    Still 720cp if you want to convert those two covers to 2 champion levels. Is it worth it though?
    nope.   i have 10 other 5*, and as much as he got me through the 4* transition pre-nerf, he just isn't what he used to be.   if i still haven't gotten xfw up to 320 by the time the last cover comes up for HfH, i will buy it for 250.  720 is just too high
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler

Arrghhh, my X-Force is at 279 at the mo (was hoping to get the progression cover next event to take him to 280 before they made any changes) and my 5* OML is 5/1/1 so 2000 iso then

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    KingDon said:

Arrghhh, my X-Force is at 279 at the mo (was hoping to get the progression cover next event to take him to 280 before they made any changes) and my 5* OML is 5/1/1 so 2000 iso then

Mine's at 279 too, but I should get a cover from placement. The day after it changes. No extra LT, bah.

I can, at least, use the OML cover, so thank you for that.