R150 Release Notes *Updated (4/10/18)

13»

Comments

• Moonsledge
    Moonsledge Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    This may have been addressed previously but this issue certainly has been in other discussions: why has the train tab been replaced by the new support tab? Android mobile phone users have been affected by this change making it very awkward to know who on our roster is legible for levelling up. One suggestion would be to add an option in the filter to highlight characters who can be levelled up? Unless there is a more simplier method? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because progress comes with change.

I'm an android user and I certainly am not affected by this. Unless you are a Giga- or Tera-Whale, where the only thing that you do in MPQ is to drop 20 Stark Salary and Mother Lode every day to open packs and level up characters, the probability of you not going into the pre-fight character selection screen is zero. Why did I mention this? Because you can do the exact same thing in this screen. I see arrows pointing up telling me that I can level up my characters. Over the past few months, I only make use of the "train" button less than 3 times because I always do it at the pre-fight character selection screen. Give it a try. 

Note: I do agree that we could have multiple filters in future as the number of characters grow.

Currently, on mobile, there's a max of 8 characters per selection screen and for those with over 100 characters, it means scrolling to the last page over 10 times. Adding 4 more characters per screen doesn't solve the long term challenge of increasing new characters.

The filters could be based on: * levels, alphabetical order and one more which I've forgotten. :D Basically, it's something that is intuitive to all players. 

Filtering by colour or affiliation could be good for veterans but not for new players. 

• Moonsledge
    Moonsledge Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Because progress comes with change.

I'm an android user and I certainly am not affected by this. Unless you are a Giga- or Tera-Whale, where the only thing that you do in MPQ is to drop 20 Stark Salary and Mother Lode every day to open packs and level up characters, the probability of you not going into the pre-fight character selection screen is zero. Why did I mention this? Because you can do the exact same thing in this screen. I see arrows pointing up telling me that I can level up my characters. Over the past few months, I only make use of the "train" button less than 3 times because I always do it at the pre-fight character selection screen. Give it a try. 

Note: I do agree that we could have multiple filters in future as the number of characters grow.

Currently, on mobile, there's a max of 8 characters per selection screen and for those with over 100 characters, it means scrolling to the last page over 10 times. Adding 4 more characters per screen doesn't solve the long term challenge of increasing new characters.

The filters could be based on: * levels, alphabetical order and one more which I've forgotten. :D Basically, it's something that is intuitive to all players. 

Filtering by colour or affiliation could be good for veterans but not for new players. 

Thank you 'houndofshadow' for your detailed reply. I will certainly try what you recommended which you seem to have done with a high level of satisfaction.
    I know fair number of Android players have complained about the loss of the train tab but as you said 'progression comes at a cost'.

Multiple filters with a 'sort' option would make scrolling and finding specific characters so much more easier and add another much needed improvement to the gameplay. I also like your idea of colour coding. (Developers: these would really be nice additions to the game...honestly!)

I look forward to hearing your words of wisdom soon and thanks again.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Come on Moonsledge! Don't take my words to heart. When changes/progress are made, there will be slight discomfort for some. The developers mentioned that UI change is the most difficult aspect of designing game or something similar to that effect. I'm sure that they have considered the pros and cons of adding in Support tab instead of replacing Train tab with Support tab.  Unfortunately, as with any announcements, changes or updates that the developers/moderators broadcast to the community, there will be at least one individual who won't be happy with the change or announcement. You can't expect the developers to roll back the change just because at least one individual is not happy with the change. Hopefully, a big majority of the android user who is affected by this UI change feedback to the developers and petition to bring the Train tab back.