R150 Release Notes *Updated (4/10/18)

Comments

• Xax
    Xax Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    When can we expect the starter packs? 
  • Xax
    Xax Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Had to do a manual update from the Google store, but I received my starter pack
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    CNash said:
    It would be nice if I could view the Support's details before equipping it. Why is the only option "Equip Support"? Right now the flow is cumbersome:

1. Be on a character's Support page
    2. Select "Equip Support"
    3. Browse your Supports; select one
    4. Realise the only option is "Equip Support"
    5. Go all the way back out to the main menu
    6. Enter Support menu
    7. Select a Support to view its details
    8. Go back to the main menu
    9. Enter the Roster screen
    10. Select a character
    11. Scroll to the Support page
    12. Equip the support.
    To piggyback on this, can we get an unequip button? Cause i put one on by accident somehow and now i cant take it off. Only swap it. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Xax said:
    Had to do a manual update from the Google store, but I received my starter pack
    Ah yes. You'll want to make sure you're on the R150 build, in order to see Supports.
    Jrlrma said:
    To piggyback on this, can we get an unequip button? Cause i put one on by accident somehow and now i cant take it off. Only swap it. 
    You can technically un-equip a Support from a character by having another character equip it instead, provided the cooldown has expired, however there currently is no way to have a Support be unassigned unless you haven't assigned it to a character yet.
  • Bjfrick
    Bjfrick Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Since we have lost the train button to the old training screen which flags which characters can be upgraded with your current amount of iso, can we at least get the same flagging on the roster screen?
  • Mal_Knight
    Mal_Knight Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Pretty disappointed the Destroyer gun perk for Coulson only works when he's downed. I was hoping it was going to add another Countdown tile to Call the Calvary to represent Coulson using the weapon (kinda like at the end of Agents of Shield season 1).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty disappointed the Destroyer gun perk for Coulson only works when he's downed. I was hoping it was going to add another Countdown tile to Call the Calvary to represent Coulson using the weapon (kinda like at the end of Agents of Shield season 1).
    They’re promoting the movies, as usual. Maybe a little in poor taste, referring to his death like that, but a reference is a reference I guess.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this not out for iOS yet? I don't have an update pending and I'm still in R149.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    Is this not out for iOS yet? I don't have an update pending and I'm still in R149.
    I updated about 9 hours ago for iOS. Maybe refresh your App Store update screen by pulling down.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any possibility of adding red iso to Sweet and Savoury Vault?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    • Known Supports Issues
      • The Avengers Tower synergy Perk fires whenever anyone on the team fires a power - it should be firing only when Iron Man fires a power. Hotfixed for later this week.
      • The Quinjet’s Rank 1 Perk was significantly overpowered at high levels. Top end Strike tile strength reduced from 1647 to 276. Hotfixed for later this week.
      • Thanos (The Mad Titan)’s Infinite Power does not prevent tile destruction or modification by Support Perks at the moment. That’ll be fixed in R151.
      • Support Perks that increase maximum health heal characters when a battle finishes, and they show a healing animation on the health bar at the start of battle. That’ll be fixed in R151.
      • Archangel (Classic)’s power Aerial Superiority doesn’t prevent AP generation by Support Perks at the moment. That’ll be fixed in R151.
      • When The Hulk (Bruce Banner) transforms due to The Other Guy, Supports attached to The Hulk won’t work for the remainder of the battle. 
      • Countdown tiles created by Supports don’t go away when the character they’re equipped to is downed. That applies to The Milano and the Chimichanga synergy Perks.
      • The Destroyer Gun’s synergy Perk still fires when Agent Coulson is stunned.
      • The Support Store is only visible if you have Support tokens, and it says “Get Your Covers!”.
      • In the PC layout, the Red Iso-8 display overlaps other UI elements on the Supports inventory when you have 10,000 or more Red Iso-8.
      • It’s not clear from your roster which characters have Supports equipped.
    Holy RnGesus, could implementation of this not have waited until you guys worked these things out? These are not "small" problems and glitches, which only leads credence to the folks that have been harping that no one asked for this. Ah well. It is here now, and we will do what we always do, which is well, make do. 

I think this proves that they do vigorous beta testing before release (contrary to what many have claimed on this forum).  I appreciate the openness they have here and I like that they went ahead and put this out on the announced date rather than a last minute delay. If I had to guess, these are issues that they discovered after submitting R150 to Apple's and Google's review process.  They'd be faced with a decision between releasing as is, or restarting the QA process.  And I doubt these are the only bugs in the feature: at some point, you're only going to find more problems by expanding the user base.
  • dmeleedy
    dmeleedy Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
     @Brigby Any chance of adding the new currency to VIP rewards?
  • LightningSnoop
    LightningSnoop Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    You need to add that with the training icon removed I no longer have a quick and easy way to tell what characters need leveled up!  Royal pain now!   Boooooo!  Please do something to make it so I have to go through every character in roster and keep a log of who needs leveled up.  Ugh!!!!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    dmeleedy said:
    Unless it's in addition to, please no.  VIP is good but not great.  Taking away any of it's rewards would make me question if it's still worth it.  If they wanted to add a small amount of red ISO everyday that would be fine, but no replacement of existing rewards please.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    dmeleedy said:
    Unless it's in addition to, please no.  VIP is good but not great.  Taking away any of it's rewards would make me question if it's still worth it.  If they wanted to add a small amount of red ISO everyday that would be fine, but no replacement of existing rewards please.
    Agreed. Same goes for PVE or PVP progression and placement rewards. I want additions not replacements.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Shintok17 said:
    broll said:
    dmeleedy said:
     Brigby Any chance of adding the new currency to VIP rewards?
    Agreed. Same goes for PVE or PVP progression and placement rewards. I want additions not replacements.
    Red Iso-8 will be awarded in addition to the already existing rewards.

When it comes to adding it to VIP rewards, that's certainly an interesting idea. I'll pass it along to the team for consideration!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Shintok17 said:
    broll said:
    dmeleedy said:
     Brigby Any chance of adding the new currency to VIP rewards?
    Red Iso-8 will be awarded in addition to the already existing rewards.

When it comes to adding it to VIP rewards, that's certainly an interesting idea. I'll pass it along to the team for consideration!
    My suggestion would be to add a very  small amount every day.  Maybe 10 Red ISO per day, 280 per VIP seems reasonable based on the other numbers to me.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Bjfrick said:
    Since we have lost the train button to the old training screen which flags which characters can be upgraded with your current amount of iso, can we at least get the same flagging on the roster screen?
    THIS! I have several chars that I'm gradually leveling up, but I don't remember specifically which ones, other than a couple. It's ridiculous that now I need to click on EACH char in my roster, click the "more" arrow, and then see if they can be leveled up! UGH!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Like everything else in this game: buggy and poorly implemented. 

And, supports, really? Were players really clamoring for a clunky, poorly implemented new feature instead of, i don't know, maybe FIXING EXISTING BUGS???? *facepalm*
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kaazz said:
    Bjfrick said:
    THIS! I have several chars that I'm gradually leveling up, but I don't remember specifically which ones, other than a couple. It's ridiculous that now I need to click on EACH char in my roster, click the "more" arrow, and then see if they can be leveled up! UGH!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Like everything else in this game: buggy and poorly implemented. 

And, supports, really? Were players really clamoring for a clunky, poorly implemented new feature instead of, i don't know, maybe FIXING EXISTING BUGS???? *facepalm*
    Would a "trainable" option in the filter combo box handle that for you?  If so, perhaps make a post on the suggestions sub-forum.