R150 Release Notes *Updated (4/10/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the release notes for the R150 update!

MPQ 150!
  • Discover even more of the Marvel Universe's exciting characters, iconic locations, and unique items with the brand new Supports feature!
What's Changed:
  • Introducing Supports!
    • Now your Marvel heroes and villains can use Supports to make them even stronger! Equip your characters with Supports for increased stats and new powers.
    • Supports are places, people, vehicles, gear… anything that helps make a Marvel hero or villain who they are. They’re collectible, durable items that you equip to characters.
    • Perks give bonuses and extra powers to the characters who equip them. Each rank that a Support gains, an additional Perk unlocks.
    • Find out more about how Supports can add further variety and power to your characters by checking out our Supports FAQ page
    • Curious what the developers think? Check out what Casey Malone, Paige Pettoruto, and Sarah Meddaugh of Demiurge have to say about them: Supports Developer Video
  • Known Supports Issues
    • The Quinjet Support is not currently visible. Hotfixed for later this week. *New Update*
    • The Avengers Tower synergy Perk fires whenever anyone on the team fires a power - it should be firing only when Iron Man fires a power. Hotfixed for later this week.
    • The Quinjet’s Rank 1 Perk was significantly overpowered at high levels. Top end Strike tile strength reduced from 1647 to 276. Hotfixed for later this week.
    • Thanos (The Mad Titan)’s Infinite Power does not prevent tile destruction or modification by Support Perks at the moment. That’ll be fixed in R151.
    • Support Perks that increase maximum health heal characters when a battle finishes, and they show a healing animation on the health bar at the start of battle. That’ll be fixed in R151.
    • Archangel (Classic)’s power Aerial Superiority doesn’t prevent AP generation by Support Perks at the moment. That’ll be fixed in R151.
    • When The Hulk (Bruce Banner) transforms due to The Other Guy, Supports attached to The Hulk won’t work for the remainder of the battle. 
    • Countdown tiles created by Supports don’t go away when the character they’re equipped to is downed. That applies to The Milano and the Chimichanga synergy Perks.
    • The Destroyer Gun’s synergy Perk still fires when Agent Coulson is stunned.
    • The Support Store is only visible if you have Support tokens, and it says “Get Your Covers!”.
    • In the PC layout, the Red Iso-8 display overlaps other UI elements on the Supports inventory when you have 10,000 or more Red Iso-8.
    • It’s not clear from your roster which characters have Supports equipped.
    • Steve Rogers and his variants have been renamed to Captain America *New Update*
      • 2-Star Captain America (Steve Rogers)
      • 3-Star Captain America (Super Soldier)
      • 5-Star Captain America (First Avenger)

Comments

• Shintok17
      Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
      When and in what way would we be able to earn or receive Support Tokens to be able to use in the store?
    • Shintok17
      Punter1 said:

Can we get a supports stats table like is done for characters.  Show values at both lvl 1, and 250 or even a few spots in the middle.  This would be way easier than reading in the app.

Edit - obligatory comment about Dazzler obviously needing support in her uniform, therefore Dazzler confirmed...

That sounds like a great idea and it will help us figure out which supports are worth putting Red ISO into. 
    • Dogface
      Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
      So, a support has 5 ranks of 50 levels each? And let's say i have a rank 1 support at level 10, and i get a rank 3 support, will it be level 10 too, or go back to level 1?
    • Shintok17
      "When The Hulk (Bruce Banner) transforms due to The Other Guy, Supports attached to The Hulk won’t work for the remainder of the battle."

Somehow thus doesn't surprise me.
      I know right. Didn't we have this issue with him when he was boosted for the events. Boosted Banner but not Hulk. Insane how long it has been and they still have not figured that one out.
    • Blindman13
      Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
      edited April 2018
      @Brigby Can you add to the Known Issues List, that when viewing a Support's details it does not tell who the support is equipped to. Much like the last item on the current list "It’s not clear from your roster which characters have Supports equipped." Being able to see this info from either screen would make it easier to manage the new feature.

So far I like the new update. Looking forward for more info on how and where to earn Red ISO and Support Tokens.
    • randomhero1090
      randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
      A table would be nice.  But I just bumped the Avengers Tower to 8/50 and the percentage chance did increase.  So in this case adding levels increased the ability.
    • Brigby
      When and in what way would we be able to earn or receive Support Tokens to be able to use in the store?
      As of right now, there are plans to incorporate Support Tokens into Versus Seasons rewards, Story Event vaults, and bundles that become available. In addition, Red Iso-8 will be able to be earned through progression rewards, placement rewards, and mission rewards.
      @Punter1 said:

Can we get a supports stats table like is done for characters.  Show values at both lvl 1, and 250 or even a few spots in the middle.  This would be way easier than reading in the app.

-snip-
      We may consider adding the nitty-gritty details of each support in the future, however upon initial release, we want players to be able to experience the excitement and joy of discovering a brand new support and exploring their evolution, as they are gradually upgraded level by level.

Plus we know there are plenty of players in the forum that enjoy number crunching and stat organizing. We wouldn't want to steal their thunder. ;)
      @Dogface said:
      So, a support has 5 ranks of 50 levels each? And let's say i have a rank 1 support at level 10, and i get a rank 3 support, will it be level 10 too, or go back to level 1?
      It will remain at level 10 with the addition of Rank 2 and 3 perks unlocked.
    • CNash
      CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
      It would be nice if I could view the Support's details before equipping it. Why is the only option "Equip Support"? Right now the flow is cumbersome:

1. Be on a character's Support page
      2. Select "Equip Support"
      3. Browse your Supports; select one
      4. Realise the only option is "Equip Support"
      5. Go all the way back out to the main menu
      6. Enter Support menu
      7. Select a Support to view its details
      8. Go back to the main menu
      9. Enter the Roster screen
      10. Select a character
      11. Scroll to the Support page
      12. Equip the support.
    • Shintok17
      edited April 2018
      supergarv said:
      Brigby said:

We may consider adding the nitty-gritty details of each support in the future, however upon initial release, we want players to be able to experience the excitement and joy of discovering a brand new support and exploring their evolution, as they are gradually upgraded level by level.

Plus we know there are plenty of players in the forum that enjoy number crunching and stat organizing. We wouldn't want to steal their thunder. ;)

Wait what? You want players to probably spent millions of riso (because we dont know the level costs) just out of enjoyment without knowing what they get in return? And then share it on the forums, possibly spread wrong numbers, just because you don‘t wanna spoil it? And expect other players to come to a forum outside the game to check on rewards?

Please think through this again to see how not awesome this is for players. :-)

It sounds like everything else in this game. The most info is found in the forums. I have learned more about this game from other player's posts in the forums than from the Devs or the game itself. 
    • BoyWonder1914
      BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
      Brigby said:
        • Known Supports Issues
          • The Avengers Tower synergy Perk fires whenever anyone on the team fires a power - it should be firing only when Iron Man fires a power. Hotfixed for later this week.
          • The Quinjet’s Rank 1 Perk was significantly overpowered at high levels. Top end Strike tile strength reduced from 1647 to 276. Hotfixed for later this week.
          • Thanos (The Mad Titan)’s Infinite Power does not prevent tile destruction or modification by Support Perks at the moment. That’ll be fixed in R151.
          • Support Perks that increase maximum health heal characters when a battle finishes, and they show a healing animation on the health bar at the start of battle. That’ll be fixed in R151.
          • Archangel (Classic)’s power Aerial Superiority doesn’t prevent AP generation by Support Perks at the moment. That’ll be fixed in R151.
          • When The Hulk (Bruce Banner) transforms due to The Other Guy, Supports attached to The Hulk won’t work for the remainder of the battle. 
          • Countdown tiles created by Supports don’t go away when the character they’re equipped to is downed. That applies to The Milano and the Chimichanga synergy Perks.
          • The Support Store is only visible if you have Support tokens, and it says “Get Your Covers!”.
          • In the PC layout, the Red Iso-8 display overlaps other UI elements on the Supports inventory when you have 10,000 or more Red Iso-8.
          Holy RnGesus, could implementation of this not have waited until you guys worked these things out? These are not "small" problems and glitches, which only leads credence to the folks that have been harping that no one asked for this. Ah well. It is here now, and we will do what we always do, which is well, make do. 
        • broll
          broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
          supergarv said:
          Brigby said:

Wait what? You want players to probably spent millions of riso (because we dont know the level costs) just out of enjoyment without knowing what they get in return? And then share it on the forums, possibly spread wrong numbers, just because you don‘t wanna spoil it? And expect other players to come to a forum outside the game to check on rewards?

Please think through this again to see how not awesome this is for players. :-)

That's why I won't be spending anything on them for some time.  Until the info is released or until someone does the leg work and posts it.  Supports don't seem that overwhelming impactful at my level so I'll just wait it out and hoard resources until it becomes clear where it's worth investing.
        • Blindman13
          Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
          edited April 2018
          Brigby said:
            • Known Supports Issues
            Holy RnGesus, could implementation of this not have waited until you guys worked these things out? These are not "small" problems and glitches, which only leads credence to the folks that have been harping that no one asked for this. Ah well. It is here now, and we will do what we always do, which is well, make do. 

I think this proves that they do vigorous beta testing before release (contrary to what many have claimed on this forum).  I appreciate the openness they have here and I like that they went ahead and put this out on the announced date rather than a last minute delay.
          • broll
            broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
            edited April 2018
            Blindman13 said:

I think this proves that they do vigorous beta testing before release (contrary to what many have claimed on this forum).  I appreciate the openness they have here and I like that they went ahead and put this out on the announced date rather than a last minute delay.
            To be fair they haven't done much in the way of character balances and any game changes vs the most minor things other than character releases for like a month.  They openly said it was due to all hands on deck for this issue.  Which means this most likely had more beta testing than most things due to taking away resources from other activities.  If anything it may shed light on why they don't do more rigorous beta testing because the game was getting stale with no updates and I know several people that left over it.  If you add something, you have to subtract somewhere...
          • BoyWonder1914
            BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
            Brigby said:
              • Known Supports Issues

I think this proves that they do vigorous beta testing before release (contrary to what many have claimed on this forum).  I appreciate the openness they have here and I like that they went ahead and put this out on the announced date rather than a last minute delay. I agree with the testing aspect, it was certainly a pleasant surprise at least to know these issues beforehand rather than having to discover them on our own with hoards of support tickets. My issue is just that these are significant enough to have a noticeable impact on gameplay, for however long that people will get to experience these perks before the hot-fix. I am most importantly still happy that we got them, as it should certainly help PVE feel like less of a slog, glitches and all. But I can't act like I'm not gonna feel robbed when I no longer get free healing from having a support equipped lol. 
              • mega ghost
                mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
                Brigby said:
                  @Brigby Is a fix for this in development, though? And once there is a fix will we be able to locate this info through the support's page itself as well? This won't be a huge issue in the beginning but it will quickly become one as our number of supports increase. Being able to go to the support's page and seeing who has it equipped, as well as the ability to unequip it from this page, will often be much easier than guessing which of your characters has it equipped based on some icon over their cover in your roster.

In addition, there should be a simplified way to equip supports at the start of a battle similar to how we equip team-ups, that way we're not forced to scroll through our rosters over and over again before matches. This would also be a good time to improve how we can filter, train, and equip things to our ever-growing rosters.

This is a great new feature but it's going to need much more sensible UI if it's going to take off in a fun way.
                • Punter1
                  Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
                  Brigby said:
                  As of right now, there are plans to incorporate Support Tokens into Versus Seasons rewards, Story Event vaults, and bundles that become available. In addition, Red Iso-8 will be able to be earned through progression rewards, placement rewards, and mission rewards.
                  @Punter1 said:

-snip-

Well that's pretty disappointing. Why the big secrecy on both actual support availability and detail. They're released and in the wild, at least let us know which events we'll start to see them. With the Supports detail, even a sample one would be great if you don't want to do all of them. Currently there's not even the ability to "experience the excitement" Even just a listing of the supports and perks at level 1 would be good. The app is so cumbersome to get through we're crying out for something, anything, to make these things actually exciting. Random other question - what happens if you sell a Character with a support attached? Assume it just gets released back into your inventory.
                • Brigby
                  Curious what the developers think? Check out what Casey Malone, Paige Pettoruto, and Sarah Meddaugh of Demiurge have to say about them: Supports Developer Video