Help, I've been playing for 2 years and am stuck!

Options
Iamzbot
Iamzbot Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
What's Up MPQ Squad,

So this is literally the only game I play on my phone, and I've been playing for 2 years. After just discovering this board a couple weeks ago, I've read a whole bunch and I feel like I am not getting to the point where most of you guys are at. I just need to some tips as to how to progress my dudes quicker/more efficiently. PS, I have not put 1 cent into this game, just doing everything the old school way (maybe this is why I feel so behind). Either way, here is my lineup, so anybody feel free to give your input.

5 Stars
Starlord - 2 green, 1 pink
Daredevil - 1 pink, 1 yellow
Doc Oc - 1 green, 1 black
Archangel - 1 black
Black Bolt - 1 yellow
Gambit - 1 pink
Spidey - 1 gree

4 Stars
Elektra - 4 pink, 4 black, 1 red
Devil Dino - 2 green, 2 red, 3 pink
Gamora - 3 red, 2 black, 1 blue
Wolvy - 3 yellow, 2 black, 1 green
Mr. Fantastic - 3 black, 2 blue
Deadpool - 3 pink, 1 black, 1 red
Invisible Woman - 3 yellow, 1 green, 1 blue
Sandman - 3 yellow, 1 pink, 1 green
Mordo - 2 pink, 2 blue, 1 black
Punisher - 2 black, 2 blue, 1 green
Professor X - 3 blue
Yondu - 3 blue
Capt Marvel - 2 black, 1 yellow, and 1 green
A whole bunch of randoms with only 1 cover

3 Stars
Champed
Psylocke
Black Widow
Steve Rogers
Punisher
Daredevil
Black Panther
Luke
Magneto
Doc Oc
Hood
Falcon
Squirrels
Blade
Gamora
Storm
Thor
Doom
Torch
Hulk
Beast
Cyclops
Capt Marvel
Rocket n Groot
Wolvy
Iron Fist
Scarlet Witch

2 Stars
Champed
Torch
Steve
Magneto
Thor

I get rid of every other 2 star I get to save space for 4 stars +, but I'm thinking that is not a very good idea since you need them for most of the events to do anything worthwhile. I play all the story missions, and PVP until I run out of health, but I just feel like I hit a standstill/it takes wayyyyy to long to get these 4 stars and 5 stars. Any hints on how to make things move faster?? Look forward to hearing from you all my MPQ Super Squad!! Until next time....

Ziggy

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, ditching your other 2* was a mistake. The champ rewards from cycling them are one of the most reliable sources of HP to get the Roster Slots you need so you don't have to sell characters off.

Do you have a time slot where you can play PvE optimally (4 clears right at the start and then three more right before it flips over)? If so, try to find a SCL (probably 6) where you can reliably make t50 for more HP, and go up to 7 whenever there's a good 4* cover in Progression and you think you can make it that far.

Speaking of Progression, in PvE the good rewards are very heavily back-loaded. If you're not reliably getting full Progression, you're missing out on a lot of HP and CP.

How far can you usually get in PvP? 575 is the general benchmark for people in 3*/4* tier without spending HP on shields. That gives you a couple of tokens, some HP, and some CP a couple of times a week, which adds up.

Are you in an Alliance? If not, you can check the sub-forum here for one that fits your current level, but even a mediocre public Alliance will get you some helpful rewards reliably, and you need one to get anything at all from Boss events.

Finally, remember the three basic Resource Management Rules of MPQ:
    1) Never spend ISO on anything other than leveling/champing characters (but don't spend any of it on your 5*)
    2) Never spend HP on anything other than Roster Slots
    3) Don't spend CP or open LTs unless you can definitely make use of whatever cover you might get. Don't spend CP to directly buy covers for characters unless they'll let you save some covers that are expiring

There are exceptions to all of these, but in your situation, they're all good guidelines.

I hope some of this helps!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, make your 2-star farm a priority. Roster them all (except maybe Bagman), champ them all, and start earning champ rewards. It'll take an initial investment of slots and ISO to get it rolling, but it will pay off in the end. Once a 2-star is max-champed (lv 144) sell it and start a new one. Having all the 2-stars rostered is important for PvE as well because every event has a required 2-star.

Focus on your 3-stars and getting champ rewards for them as well. They'll reward legendary tokens and 4-star covers. You want to roster and champ them all as well for the same reasons as above.

If you don't have the slots available now to roster new 4-stars, start hoarding. Save all your legendary tokens and CP so you're not opening characters you can't roster. Your 2-star farm will start feeding you HP enabling you to get more slots.

Play to full progression in PvE (meaning 5 clears on all nodes). You should be able to handle SCL 6 and maybe even 7. There are 3-star and 4-star covers and lots of ISO to be earned and is the best way to advance your roster and move forward.

Play to 575 progression in PvP and don't bang your head against the 4-star wall by going any further. Placement here is not a concern.

Don't worry about 5-stars. The 4-star tier is this game's sweet spot. Roster them if you can but otherwise just leave them alone - don't waste ISO on them. Play with your 3-stars and work towards (slowly) moving into the 4-star tier.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
       Another note about your 3*s put your bonus heroes on Dr Strange and Iron Man 40 and champ as soon as you can.  These two will be essential in helping you through PVE and PVP.  Dr. Strange is a beast in Goon & Ninja modes and Iron Man 40 is even helpful in 4* land as well.  Iron Man 40 and Peggy Carter are real good buddies for me in PVP :smile:
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes, go for progression rewards in PvE, always finish DDQ and get what you can out of PvP but don’t sweat it. The best accessibility to roster-building rewards is undeniably Story mode.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would also set your bonus hero to Captain Marvel at 4* level - if you do happen to pull any 4* you might as well get covers for the best one currently in game (as decalred by this very forum!) if lucky enough to get a bonus hero.
  • Iamzbot
    Options
    Hey all,

Thank you guys so much. Today is a new day for Zbot, I'm about to start getting all these 2 stars on point. Forgive me though, as some of the abbreviations are not registering for me lol. What does SCL mean? And when you say 4 clears at the start of PVE then 3 more before it flips over, what does that mean? I suppose I have been deleting covers of people that I don't even use rather than saving them for my squad to beat other missions, so I will keep ya'll posted on here. Anyone in an alliance that plays a lot? I feel like every alliance I join ends up sucking and nobody plays! Until next time....
  • Iamzbot
    Options
    PS, I've just been setting all my 4 stars as my bonus heroes! Should I just be selecting 1 or 2 as bonus heroes?

• jtsings
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Iamzbot said:

What does SCL mean? And when you say 4 clears at the start of PVE then 3 more before it flips over, what does that mean? 
        SCL is the clearance level you are allowed to play in for PVE and PVP.  So when you enter an event it asks you which clearance level you want to play, that's your SCL.  Each sub event is 24 hours or 48 hours, so what they are mentioning above is to, on a 24 hour sub, play each node 4 times within a few hours or quicker and then try to structure it so that you can clear all the nodes again an additional 3 times as close as you can towards the end of that 24 hour sub.  For example, if you have a 12:00 PM start time, try to finish your first 4 clears by 2:00 PM or sooner and then try to clear the nodes 3 more times before the sub ends at 12:00 PM the next day.

Iamzbot said:
    PS, I've just been setting all my 4 stars as my bonus heroes! Should I just be selecting 1 or 2 as bonus heroes?

My advice would be as DAZ recommended above, I'd put C4rol as your only 4* bonus hero she can work very well with all your 3* champs and she works well all by herself too.  If you'd like to read more about a description about each of the 4* champs and their uses I'd take a look at this forum topic:  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/56176/a-mostly-accurate-4-ranking-updated-1-25/p1 

Find which 4* characters powers seem the most useful to you and then set the next useful character as your bonus hero after Captain Marvel is finally champed.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to add onto Jtsings about SCL...

It's the number on the upper left hand part of your screen.  You can only increase your level through rostering, covering, champing (I might be missing something, but those are the main triggers) your characters.  When you level up, you get an ISO bonus.  Also, when you're above a certain level, you get locked out of lower levels of events.  The higher SCL you enter an event as the better the rewards.  It's up to you to judge if you want an easier time (less rewards) or more challenge (greater rewards)

Literally SCL = S.H.I.E.L.D Clearance Level...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    Also, in addition to Carol, Vulture is a beast.  They went head to head for the best 4* crown:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70819/mpq-march-madness-complete-congrats-to-the-champ-captain-marvel/p1

When you roster and use IM40 (3*), you'll understand how having a great battery helps move things along.  Not to mention, Vulture if he gets enough black can just wipe out an entire team.  I've had an opponent Vulture just slaughter my team when the AI lucked into a black cascade.  Brutal...
  • Iamzbot
    Options
    Thanks yall! I feel like I have some new besties up in here! Anyone have a spot in their alliance for me?? So my SCL is a 56 right now.............and I always play at the highest level for either PVP or PVE events, but I rarely ever crack the top 50, if ever, in these events. Should I be playing a level or 2 down so I can just get top 10 in those events everytime?? Or is it not that easy since I am missing a whole bunch of 3 stars? 

PS, just an update from today. I am going to start selling off my 4 stars that only have 1 cover and replacing with any/all 2 and 3 star dudes I get from here on out. Maybe that will get me up to par? 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would try to sell as little as possible. You should only be using HP for roster slots at this stage.
  • Iamzbot
    Options
    I only ever use HP to create roster spots (I have 75 now), and only ever have used CP on either latest legends or classic. Is there a benefit to horde all the CP's or should I just be getting stuff as I get up to 20/25?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    Horde CP and Legendary tokens until you want to jump into 4* land.  No point until you finish your 2* farm and roster the 3* that you want to play with.  The farm will lead to HP, which will lead to roster spots.  Until you're ready to dive into 4* fully (meaning you have enough champed 3* to play with) no point in wasting the CP/legendary resources.  If you don't wait, you'll be left with undercovered 4* and run into a lack of roster spots.  

Look up all the threads about covers dying on the vine.  A lot of the times it's a lack of roster spots.

Also, since the latest 12 4*s have boosted odds; until you have enough CP/legendaries you shouldn't pull them because opening one or two here and there won't help you cover the latest characters.  The power creep is there with the latest characters (even though some vintage ones are still well worth it).  Since it's always the latest 12 with 3x odds, it's a moving target so chances are you'll wind up with half covered characters.  Just my two cents, and a lil convoluted (having hard time writing succinctly this morning... need coffee...) 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    Also, I'm too lazy to read the whole thread again, but just a reminder that tokens and CP don't expire.  But covers in your queue do.  
  • Iamzbot
    Options
    Thanks my dude, really appreciate the insight! It'll be a nice fun journey to get all these 2*'s back in the roster. I wish I knew all this when I sold all my championed ones last year! PS, anyone on this thread have an alliance spot? I feel like I'm definitely leaving something on the table being in a **** alliance
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    For alliances you should look at the subsection in the forum.  Basically, you have to determine if you're pve, pvp, or both.  Also, how active you are and how well you do in events.  I kinda wish I was in an more active alliance (since I do pretty well in both PVE and PVP) for the extra rewards, but I also like the fact that I have zero pressure from others to play.  It sucks during Boss time though since only stacked alliances can finish it.  

Oh, a really competitive alliance might put you in another conundrum.  High level alliances get a 4* cover and it sounds like you're not ready to make the plunge into that tier.  Basically, in this case it boils down to whether the extra effort is worth some iso (cause you'd probably sell the cover).

Also, not sure if this is mentioned or not, your ISO needs jump up real high when you go to 4* from 3*.  It takes about 3x as much iso to champ a 4 vs 3.  When you jump to 4*, iso will be a limiting factor along with roster slots.
  • jtsings
    Options
       You can also post what you're looking for in an alliance here and hopefully you'll get an alliance commander to message you.  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/59661/single-player-looking-for-an-alliance-post-here/p1.  Just be honest and let them know what your roster is, so you don't get placed into an alliance that has too high of an expectation from you; an expectation that your roster may not be able to deliver right now.
  • Iamzbot
    Options
    Thanks my dudes!! Oy, I hope it doesn't take MONTHS for my 2 stars to all be back :(
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Building 2* as a 3* player is easier. They come a lot faster as you advance. Moving up in SCL starts giving you more and more tokens, and 2* are a lot of what falls out of those.

Also, for my taste, a T250 PvE Alliance is the sweet spot in this regard. Three Elite tokens every day helps with you 2* way more than a single Heroic does.