Help, I've been playing for 2 years and am stuck!

Options
2»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, for my taste, a T250 PvE Alliance is the sweet spot in this regard. Three Elite tokens every day helps with you 2* way more than a single Heroic does.
    I agree with this. I love getting my 3 Elite tokens from alliance rewards.
  • Iamzbot
    Iamzbot Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Whoa whoa whoa..........please show me the ways!! lol. Soooo how can I get in a T250 PvE alliance? Ps, what does that even mean? Sorry for the silly questions....

Z
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iamzbot said:
    Whoa whoa whoa..........please show me the ways!! lol. Soooo how can I get in a T250 PvE alliance? Ps, what does that even mean? Sorry for the silly questions....

Z
    If you look at the rewards for each leg of a PVE, you'll see your rewards for placement.  There's another tab on the same screen that shows alliance placement rewards.  

Look at the alliance link someone posted, or just click on the alliance subforum on this site.  Look through postings or make your own post requesting to join.  Be honest about what you bring to the table.  As with everything else that's been mentioned in this thread, baby steps.  You're not going to jump into a high alliance right away.  Also, you can start your own alliance and recruit people here, or make one with your friends.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PvE is Player vs. Environment, known officially as Story Events. PvP is Player vs. Player, called simply Versus in the game.

If you play to full progression or beyond, you can hang in a T250 Alliance. That's the other reason I think it's the sweet spot. Staying in a T100 Alliance is significantly more work.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    I looked at my daily pve slice and 3 elite tokens are for rank 2000 and up.  Take a look at your own event rewards since the rewards card by clearance level.  The rewards go up as the clearance level you play at increases.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I looked at my daily pve slice and 3 elite tokens are for rank 2000 and up.  Take a look at your own event rewards since the rewards card by clearance level.  The rewards go up as the clearance level you play at increases.
    Heh. I never even looked that far down. Even the first couple of public Alliances I joined were making T250. So yeah, pretty much just join any full Alliance with people who actually play regularly and you should be getting those, at least at SCL7 or higher.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    Heh. I never even looked that far down. Even the first couple of public Alliances I joined were making T250. So yeah, pretty much just join any full Alliance with people who actually play regularly and you should be getting those, at least at SCL7 or higher.
    It's pretty laughable what the difference between 2000 and 250 is; too lazy to look again, but I think it's just 500 iso... Sure that adds up over time, but sheesh... 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Iamzbot, most vet players advise you to limit your 4* bonus hero to the one, or maybe two, who are most beneficial to you.  I'm not a vet myself (255 days), but I have about a dozen 4*s as bonus heroes and think it's just wonderful.  None of my 4*s are champed just yet (Ghost Rider and Mockingbird each have 11 covers and Lockjaw 10), but every time I get a bonus hero, it helps somebody out on my roster.  I am in no hurry.

If I really, really wanted to champ somebody, anybody, I might do things differently, but I will be just as happy to get a 12th cover for Mockingbird as a 3rd cover for another bonus hero, Moon Knight, who has not been so lucky.

Another thing to consider: it's easier to draw the latest 12 4*s than the 50-odd previous ones.  You might want to consider making one of the older ones a Bonus Hero, since the Heroic / Legendary tokens are less likely to give you an older character.

As for SCL, since I have a lot going on tomorrow and Saturday and may not be able to spend time on the game, I just decided to play Fight for Wakanda on SCL-4.  That way if I don't finish, I said, I won't be kicking myself over losing out on a big pile of CP - it's only 20, I think.  I'm already kicking myself.  When you sign up for the event and choose your clearance level, always *always* double-check the alliance rewards.  Once you find a place in a good, active PVE alliance, you'll get to reap the group rewards, and the SCL-4 alliance rewards are pretty weak.  I can probably expect one Heroic Token instead of three Elites.   I'd honestly rather have three chances at a good character than just one.  YMMV.

• Iamzbot
    Iamzbot Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks guys, you are the coolest of cool! Can we call ourselves the icicles?!?! lol.................good idea about an alliance, so if anyone is down in here, we should go for it. I posted on the alliance page but to no avail yet. So I am doing the PvE event at SCL-7 this time (I took a notch down from the SCL-8 I usually do). I am ranked 114 as of now, and I didn't have any of the extra character nodes except Xforce Wolvy. Good luck gaming today everybody! I should be able to be a little more active on this forum today! Until next time my dudes.....

Z