Time Stone Season Updates (4/3/18)

Comments

• Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I went ahead and did next season's post for you.

Hi Everyone,

Here are the updates to the Soul Stone season that will be starting on May 5th:
    • The Infinity Stone Seasons have been updated back to Infinity Gem Seasons, and their colors have been changed again because we can.
    • Man-Thing (Giant Sized) will be entering packs as a Latest 4-Star
    • Everyone else will become a Vintage 4-Star
    Gambit (classic) will be receiving a health increase and boost to damage with his red. His passive black will now restore Gambit to full health every turn.

Thanks for playing Marvel Gambit Puzzle Quest!

Of course, I kid. :)

Insert obligatory character rebalance post here.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Here are the updates to the Time Stone season that will be starting on April 5th:
    • The Infinity Gem Seasons have been updated to Infinity Stone Seasons, and their colors have been updated.
    • Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior) will be entering packs as a Latest 4-Star
    • Vulture (Adrian Toomes) will become a Vintage 4-Star
    I sthere any word on who the featured 4* is at 2k in Sim? and what color is is the cover?
    It's whatever 4-star was released the previous season, and it's always the first cover ability. So it'll be Valkyrie - Red. If there are 2 4-stars released in a season, I think it's the later of the two. Shuri was the later of her and BP for example, and Nico was the later of her and ME Hulk. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    metallion said:
    broll said:
    Ooooo.  Gems to Stones.  That is massive. 
    I miss the much more straight forward season numbers. But I get they are promoting the upcoming movie. Wonder if they change it again after Phase 4 launches. 
    They've said before the reason they moved away from season numbers was specifically because the season numbers were getting too high, not because they were promoting the movie, so no chance they're going back to that
    Not sure I get that. Numbers gave us historical reference. With the stones/gems, the same ones run at least twice a year, so you have to provide much more context when you refer to previous runs. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    So glad this is still in Character discussion.
    Wouldn't want to miss all those character updates every season.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    So that's it huh.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    metallion said:
    broll said:
    I miss the much more straight forward season numbers. But I get they are promoting the upcoming movie. Wonder if they change it again after Phase 4 launches. 
    They've said before the reason they moved away from season numbers was specifically because the season numbers were getting too high, not because they were promoting the movie, so no chance they're going back to that
    That's because they used Roman numerals! They ran out of space on the event tabs. If they stuck with digits, that wont be a problem.... for a while.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    metallion said:
    broll said:
    That's because they used Roman numerals! They ran out of space on the event tabs. If they stuck with digits, that wont be a problem.... for a while.
    I thought I'd remembered them saying that it had to do with not wanting to demoralize new players. Trying to step into something labeled as Season 52 could easily make you feel like you've missed too much and that you'll never catch up — "Why get invested now?"
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had Glen Campbell going through my mind all evening: "Like a Time Stone Cowboy...".
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    metallion said:
    broll said:
    I thought I'd remembered them saying that it had to do with not wanting to demoralize new players. Trying to step into something labeled as Season 52 could easily make you feel like you've missed too much and that you'll never catch up — "Why get invested now?"
    This makes sense to me, especially as PvP is already daunting for a new player.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    The changes they are making must be massive. isn't this like the 3rd season now where they've basically done nothing? 

I sure hope whatever they've all been up to doesn't disappoint. 
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I suppose they're down to maybe only a single, maybe only part time, developer at this point. Why spend more on maintaining this game, when we're still playing and paying? 
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    Interesting to see the deliberate switch from comic Infinity seasons (what the current gem seasons have been based on) to MCU Infinity seasons (they haven't confirmed it outright, but I presume that's why we're going from gem->stone and why the colors are updated). It's a tiny little thing, but it makes it sound like they're going to push marketing that much harder for Infinity War, which makes the upcoming updates more exciting.

That said, this thread kinda makes me wish aimless complaining was against the rules. I get that some people dislike the update because they feel it's lacking something, but the whining without any sort of constructive criticism is insufferable. If you aren't going to try and contribute to making things better, the least you could do is not stink up the place with your negativity for the rest of us.

ok, fair point.

1. 5* Banner-He has been asked, begged, pleaded for a buff since his release
    2. 5* Doc Ock-Same a Banner
    3. 5* PHX-She has the weakest match damage of all 5*.  It is so bad that she is outdated now. 
    4. 5* Dr Stagne-Has the lowest health of all 5* for no reason.  It is bad how low his health is compared to the others.
    5. 4* XFW-He never recovered from his massive nerf.
    6. FlapCap-Really needs a total rework
    7. Quake-Power creep has passed her by.
    8. Bucky-Was never that good from his release.
    How is that for a start?  I think this is the 4th season that we will not have any update to any characters.
    Maybe I'll agree with all, except numbers 4, 7 and 8. About Dr. Strage (not Stagne, you've made a typo in his name, it happens), someone had a point that he mostly "behind" character. He don't need a high health, cause someone should tank him while he doing damage from...you guessed it... behind. Besides, he's mostly a pve character. Quake, again, is mostly pve aoe counter. Bye bye caltrops. I wouldn't  mind if her green will receive a buff, but that's not that important. For beginners in 4* land she's totally ok. And why you so harsh on Bucky? He did nothing wrong. His damage is nice when boosted. Grab IM40 as a feeder and all be OK. They just won't fit in today's top rosters meta. In world of Thor, Gambit and Gramodusa they just seems more outdated to me. But not all the characters should been reworked. Then I'd say: "Rework them all!!! Till they catch upon new meta standards". If devs reworked all the characters, when they release new meta brake, this will be a very confusing game. Banner, Doc.Oc and FlapCap - maybe, till they will be usable more than now. But XFW?! Let him die already. He's to old for all this. He survived "the nurf war's". Barley, but survived.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    DAZ0273 said:
    Pongie said:
    metallion said:
    broll said:
    This makes sense to me, especially as PvP is already daunting for a new player.
    This reason does not make sense at all. No matter what you name the season any new player at this point is going to feel like they missed something or it's hard to catch up since the game has been out for 4 and 1/2 years. When you start a game so far into it's life cycle you obviously know what your getting into. I have been playing for almost a year now and from what older players have been stating in the forums and in my alliance I have realized that this late in the game it is easier to acquire resources and characters now than back when the game started. So newer players actually have an easier time getting ISO, HP, and covers than before, which lets them catch up and sometimes surpass older players.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Type after me - Dr. Strange, Dr. Strange, Dr. Stange.... oops!

Seriously, players want to breathe new life into the game. Maybe it is harder than we think, but re-balanced characters seems like an easier way to turn something old into something new.  I agree with the 5* changes asked for above, but really the masses would benefit by taking the least used 4* and making them relevant again.  I have never liked Winter Soldier, but if the players ability to make the CD tiles resolve for massive damage (maybe fortify them) and make them less costly (red at 8, not 12), you now have added some variety to the game.

In a perfect world, the 1-2 least used last season would be improved to at least the standards of the middle.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    The continued lack of a 5* Gambit nerf is insulting.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    About Dr. Strage (not Stagne, you've made a typo in his name, it happens)
    Hahaha... I new I will make a typo myself. That Strange... I changed my mind, his health is low and need a rework.
  • BoyWonder1914
    mexus said:
    About Dr. Strage (not Stagne, you've made a typo in his name, it happens)
    Hahaha... I new I will make a typo myself. 
    Sorry I had to.  ;)

@Kevmcg - I wholeheartedly agree with your point that giving a new polish to some older characters that have been thrown by the wayside is just as viable a way of breathing new life into the game as a bunch of new game modes and features. Sure, the mechanics of new releases can also resurrect some old guys (like how Lockjaw and Jubilee could throw Thoress back into a lot of rotations), but these new releases can be just as guilty of causing us to toss older characters aside.