Who is the worst 4-Star character?

124»

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker

X-23 - 16 green and 9 red to get Berserker Fury to even put strikes in the field. And you guys are complaining about Flaptain? At least when I get Flaptain’s yellow + red combo, I know somebody is going down. Can Laura say the same? And of course the nerf to trap tiles affected her purple. 

she was my first fully covered and champed 4*, so she holds a special place in my heart.
    She amazed me when she was boosted, but yeah, sort of a little meh, now.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    I enjoy this thread. Have tried a few combos that people said make "worst characters" good and they are fun to play with and try new 'toons.

Anyway, I have to agree on Falcap. He's just not good by himself and while his blue isn't bad, its far too weak to be of much use.

Fisk isn't good either. His buff was a nerf and not a good one. 

That said, I don't think any 4 star is "bad" per se, but none combine to be as effective as MadGroMa for taking out PVE and Sim. Vulture is pretty darn good, but you need black, then wait a couple turns to get G/B. But with MGG you don't even need to chase AP, you start doing massive damage right away. I assume most do like I do and grab 6 blue if you can, because by two turns, the first target is dead and the other two are stunned. 
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Everyone has to use FalCap in the behemoth. I think he is with beast and bullseye. It’s not terrible but it does show he needs very specific teammates. It is the only time I use him unless he is featured.

This thread has actually found the good things about the ones we thought were bad. It has been useful to see the possible pairings.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,150 Chairperson of the Boards
    So are the Devs reading this board, and trolling us with an "All Wolverines are Boosted" PvP?  OML, XFW, Patch and 2-star Wolverine are all boosted in this one.  So now who is going to use XFW?

Likely answer - anyone who doesn't have a 5-star Wolverine at a higher level! :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    So are the Devs reading this board, and trolling us with an "All Wolverines are Boosted" PvP?  OML, XFW, Patch and 2-star Wolverine are all boosted in this one.  So now who is going to use XFW?

Likely answer - anyone who doesn't have a 5-star Wolverine at a higher level! :)
    Careful; it may be the type of pvp in which each node requires a particular variant of the featured character.
    I'm imagining a Banner PVP.

5* Hulk? Yuck no
    MEHulk? Uhhhh
    3* Hulk? Well, that's an extra body I guess...
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    madoctor said:
    It's a sign of where we're at that special teams characters get branded as garbage. Consider
    - Electra: Kaecilius, Kaecilius, Kaecilius.
    This! I have never had trouble with K ever since I champed Elektra!
    I've used patch and medusa and never had a problem against him
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    X-23 - 16 green and 9 red to get Berserker Fury to even put strikes in the field. And you guys are complaining about Flaptain? At least when I get Flaptain’s yellow + red combo, I know somebody is going down. Can Laura say the same? And of course the nerf to trap tiles affected her purple. 
    Don't get me wrong, X-23 isn't a very good character, but your comparison is hardly 1:1.  Cap Falcon's red/yellow combo requires 23 AP to be spent, while X-23 hits Berserker Fury in your scenario using 16 AP, but still has 9+ red AP for another, better character to use--taking advantage of the two new strike tiles in the process.  9 red can dish out a lot of damage, so Captain Falcon would need a LOT of yellow tiles on the board to keep up with Holding Back --> Berserker Fury plus Mockingbird, Peggy or even Hulkbuster or Drax, just to name a few off the top of my head.  Falcon also needs to probably get ANOTHER 23 AP to pull of the same trick again, while X-23 can repeatedly kick out modest damage plus two strikes for 8 AP.   X-23's red & Falcon's blue are both extremely situational passives (X-23 needs to tank and Falcon needs to want countdowns to decrease faster plus have someone else putting special tiles out, as you don't want to use your yellow unless it's immediately followed by the red to avoid having your protects get matched away), so the better of the two is extremely team-dependent.  I personally don't like X-23's purple at all, so she doesn't get any points for that in my book, but I'm certain others disagree on this.

In the end, you can still reasonably argue Captain Falcon is better than X-23, but it's far from as cut & dry as you imply...
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would say that Devil Dinosaur and Howard are maybe the worst 4* but then again they are also limited characters.

Perusing the posts above, here is my take:  Elektra certainly isn't the worst as all three of her powers can be a pain to go up against.  For the non-limited characters I would have to say I find Drax to be the worst.  Flaptain is pretty bad but his red power can be a nuke in the right team combo.  His yellow isn't too bad either (for a yellow ability lol).  Sandman has a decent green aoe but his other two abilities are bad.  Bucky has some good damage potential but is very reliant on countdown tiles.  Fisk used to be better but is now certainly near bottom of the barrel.  X-23 is solid mid tier, not even close to the bottom given her green ability and regeneration.  Venom is not great.  Kraven, while not having him champed and played enough, appears to be pretty bad.   All except X-23 in the above are certainly in the running.

Drax though is bad in that none of his abilities are decent enough to even be considered mid tier, especially since he is supposed to be a damage dealer.  His best ability is his red which is nice for the first shot on each character but after that is a pretty bad red ability.  His purple ability is just not a very good tile creating ability since it only spawns one tile.  With the plethora of tile stealers/destroyers, one tile is pretty weak. The passive on it is blah when it comes to passives too, especially since he doesn't even create countdown tiles.  His black is poor damage and has some board shake ability but is way too expensive for what it does.  He just doesn't fit in with any decent roll for a team that you couldn't find a better option to. His only big plus is that he is a Guardian and can allow Grocket 4* super tiles!  At least someone like Falcon can serve another role while still doing damage.  Drax doesn't serve any other purpose other than to deal damage and quite frankly, he isn't very good at that.  
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    @ZootSax

when you finally gather the 25 total AP needed to get to berserker fury, you will probably get rid of a character that you’ve done some damage to. The 23 total AP needed to for Flaptain will kill every 4* character except red hulk, TAH and Thing if there’s 7 yellow tiles on the field (VERY easy to have) AT FULL HEALTH if the character is at the same lvl as your Flaptain. And you do the yellow+red combo as one, on the same turn. That’s what makes it devastating. So you can leave a Bl4de or C4ge or Mockingbird alone in the corner and then blast them in one shot. True, you’re not gonna do the combo twice in a match. But that’s kinda the point. You’re launching this combo and getting rid of a full health character. 

And it’s not like Falcap can’t be put with good teammates either. Falcap/Hulkbuster/C&D is a sneaky good team. C&D is a great battery for both and its purple switches to put more yellow on the field when you activate Falcap’s yellow to activate it. And it puts black on the field early to feed HB’s black power to get that surplus of red. Matching Falcap’s blue would be great if it buffed better but eh..... Anyway It’s not a super fast team but it’s fast enough. I like to use this team vs some teams with 5* Thor or DD on them. Wipe them out in one shot and not have to worry about their comeback mechanics.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drax will always have a place for me as a crucial part of my fastest anti-Gamora/R&G/Medusa team....

4*R&G
    XFDP 4/5/4
    Drax 3/5/5

have R&G or Drax get hit and the match will be over in 5 turns or less.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    How is Kraven not completely at the top (bottom) of the list? He does no damage, he's slow, he doesn't even work against the character he was supposedly designed to work against (Spidey), he's just pure trash in it's purest form.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Worst 3 characters 

#1 jubilee 
    #2 kraven 
    #3 Elektra 
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Andre MPQ said:
    Worst 3 characters 

#1 jubilee 
    #2 kraven 
    #3 Elektra 
    seems a bit early for that. she will be very useful for gambolt teams.