Zen and the Art of BonusHero Maintenance

13»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any non-whale will find themselves, eventually, with a broad range of champions in a tier, if they play long enough (OK, it may require a little spending to get roster slots).

In the 4* tier, I have almost everyone champed (not Duck, nor Shuri, nor Valkyrie).  The nice thing about the tier is that above 290, rewards start getting pretty nice.

The force that we are all combatting/losing to is dilution.  There are 63 4's and about half the time, your 4* will be one of 51 (right now; 52 in a month) characters.  So your pull could be Venom or Mr Fantastic or Peggy or...  my strategy has now become to try with BH to get as many of my Vintage 4's to 290 or 300 and then move to the next.  This helps because the random 4 suddenly gives pretty juicy iso, HP, or CP rewards (as well as the occasional LT) and playing for the cover in a PVE or PVP also means more when its not level 275, for example.

I suppose, also, the more people you get to 280, the more "free" LTs you will get in the case they become a feeder and a 5* cover is retroactively rewarded.

TLDR:  At the 4* level, the "mesa" approach is both rewarding if done well, and very difficult to avoid, since BH's are still pretty rare and the whole tier is so diluted.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Is the plan really to keep releasing 4 stars and expecting players to plateau there? I guess that supports may help distinguish rosters further within the 4 star tier. But I see this as an acknowledgement that the 5 star tier is broken and is not to be fixed.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* - Target unchamped, high-cover characters (ie, 11 or 12), hoping to get the cover I need to champ.  It's been Gambit since December.

4* - Latest releases, trying to champ them quick.  I'll usually BH all undercovered ones until/unless I draw a 6th color for one of them, then focus on just that one.  I haven't run into a situation where I've had all the latest champed before the newest one goes into tokens, but I did take a couple weeks throwing Rogue into the BH hoping to boost her for eventual Gambit rewards

3* - I'm actively cycling 266's, so I'm usually targeting characters with 6th colors on the vine.  I don't bother targeting latest releases unless every character is about equal and there's no chance of cover waste.