Zen and the Art of BonusHero Maintenance

Comments

• shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    5*:  Whoever I don't have since I have so few, right now its BB.

4*  Vulture since he is usable underleveled and 3/3/3.  I'm still a 3* player.

3*  Well........

Great topic for a newer player in the 3* realm.  I have 26 3*s champed.  But now I am re-thinking my current strategy.  I BH a 3* I have yet to champ.  So basically I am trying to champ all my 3*.  But is that really the best strategy?

I apologize if this is slightly off topic.
    This is correct strategy. Most here are so far beyond 3* champing that the strategies are different. Get all the 3s champed and then re-evaluate.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    5* I put everyone I have rostered as a bh.  Why not, they are all just wasting roster space so who cares?

4* Everyone that isn't champed.  I need covers for so many so it's fun to watch how it gives me nothing but the very few I have 5 in one color for

3* I use it as a catchup tool.  I am currently going by the lvl 225.  Anyone under that is marked as a bh.  When they reach that level I uncheck them
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    5*
    From the start of BH, I've gone with whoever is newest in latests, with the notion that latests (25 cp) are worth more than classics (20 cp), and hoping to finish them off safely before they exit. 

4*
    The newest shinies, until they get champed, then maybe those near an lt reward because lt. 

3*
    New characters when they appear, then during a dark, desperate period when all of them looked like iso bags, whoever was closest to 266. In these happier, post-iso times, I flip the BH around if a small champ has an upcoming pvp, or I feel sorry for them (elektra and angel) 
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    5* Spidey, although I’m hoarding right now so it doesn’t really matter. He’s good on his own, my Gambit is in a bad spot, and I’m looking towards November when maybe we’ll get a 5* Venom who will pair well with him. 

4* Vulture, I’m focusing on getting all the top flight (pun? None was intended) 4’s to 300+. Once Vulture gets a few more levels I’ll switch to Rogue. 

3*, this one is a bit more flexible. Sometimes I like to focus on someone who will give me a 4* cover I need, other times I like to focus on high level 3’s for the better champ rewards. Right now I have Scarlet Witch BH’d to build her back to a higher level after I sold her 266 for iso needs. However, I may soon focus on cyc, darken, and rags for 4cyc and x23 covers I need.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    5* now it’s usually someone in Latest that I want to cover. I actually got a Jessica Jones bonus hero this morning. 

4* it’s been one that I wanted to be a higher level for various reasons. For awhile it was Rocket and Groot to help speed clears. Then for awhile it was Red Hulk until he got high enoungh to tank green over Rocket and Groot. Now it’s America because it seems like levels will help her. 

3*s it’s usually a dupe with bad cover spread. I’m trying to finish a Bullseye dupe without wasting a cover on the vine now. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* - Most recent release until I have at least one cover then back to whoever I'd most like to build that doesn't have a capped colour or two, currently that's Gambit

4* - Newest unfinished release until I get 5 in any colour, then I just tag every champed one that is one away from an LT

3* - all the newest few as those are the only ones I haven't max champed.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I leave bonus heroes unselected except for whichever 5* I want to build, and their 4* feeder if they have one. Currently it's Thor.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* i bonus anyone i dont have. Right now thats JJ. When I have everyone I set it to who i want to try to get to 13 covers.

4* I go for the 5* feeders. As I am trying to get established in the 5* game.

3* I focus on the ones I get to 257 at that point I make a second of that character. I am also leaving bullseye always bonus so I get more kingpin champ levels. Daredevil is my only champed 5*.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

5* - it's been Black Bolt for quite a while. He is at 5/4/3 now and I have Another green coming up in the Daily Resupply in the not too distant future, so it would be nice to get Another black or yellow Before then. Right now I am hoarding at least until Archangel leaves though. Should I be able to get Bolt champed I might switch to Jessica Jones.

4* - My default right now is America Chavez, though I sometimes switch when a new character is added to the tokens so I can get them champed faster.

3* - Whoever I am rerostering who has covers dying on the vine. Right now it's Blade. If I don't have any rerostering candidates I just go with whatever new release has the fewest covers (right now Elektra).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* - Currently is Thor. Not that I ever get any!

4* - It was Chavez but she hit 5 in green after I went through a bonus hero blitz and I kept getting dupes so have switched to Shuri.

3* - Depends on who is coming up on what champ level prizes. Mostly for LT's. I believe is Strange and Patch.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* JJ
    4* America
    3* Depends on who is closest to a good reward.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    5* : Bonus on one I have no cover yet. Otherwise, my favourite.
    4* : Strong characters like Vulture or C4rol to champ them, after that character 13 covers.
    3* : I used to bonus a character to champ. Now, all are champed, so I didn't selected any. Let random distribution level all characters slowly. I select sometimes a 3* to help champing dupe for farming.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Before feeders, I would BH those close to giving up an LT. Now I’m focusing on everyone in 5* Hawkeye’s feeder chain because I need his red cover to cham him, which Kate Bishop will give up at lvl 320, and right now 3* Hawkeye is only 3* set as a BH. Other than for completionist reasons, I have had fun using Coulson when boosted, my level 435 Clint and 4*Carol to cause some havoc. Even not champed, Hawkeye’s blue out of arrows does relatively high damage, if anyone is left after emptying his quiver
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I try to BH 5 & 4 stars for whom I don't have 5 covers in any color. So my 1-5-5 MEH Hulk isn't set, and neither is my 2-2-5 5Gambit.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    5*, it's currently set to Gambit, though I'm currently hoarding as I want AA to go (plus some film comes out at the end of April that looks interesting...).

4*, I micromanage a lot, based on how close to LT they are. Set to Kraven for now (hmm), as he needs a cover to allow me to champ him for an LT.

3*, yet further micromanaging to try and get some rewards quicker as optimally as possible. Set to Squirrel Girl for now, as I am re-champing her.

And as a further aside, I've not had a BH of any description in 12 days now - my Squirrel Girl covers that are in my queue are almost at an end! Not the best BH luck the past few weeks.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    A bit of advice...set a BH.  Why let someone else(RNG) decide what character you want most? 

Second, only BH for the purpose of getting LT’s if you are trying to scramble for pulls before a specific OP character is about to leave latests.  BHing for an LT means your next random pull of that character will be iso or HP instead of a token, so you wasted your BH choice.

all the other reasoning in here is totally sound.  
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    5* - Characters at 10-12 covers take priority, unless they're at a bad build. The other exception is a 5-star who I don't have yet for their essential node. Current selection is my 3/4/5 DareDevil. Unfortunately my BSSM is 2/5/5, and my P5ter Parker is 5/5/1, so the next in line would be my Iron Man at 3/5/3 since I already have Jessica. 

4* - I'm not ahead of the release schedule in terms of champing people, but I am usually ahead in terms of getting people covered. The only 4-stars I don't have fully covered are Howard who can't be BH'ed, and the newest characters Valkryie and Jubilee. In this kind of scenario I would usually BH them both, but only Valkryie is in tokens right now so she gets the selection. If all 4-stars are fully covered then, I set it to whoever is closest to giving me another LT. 4-stars give LTs (and covers now!) at every '0', so the people are Lv 279, 289, 299, etc. 

3* - For a time it was whoever was closest to giving me an LT or a cover, but now that I'm at 36+/47 3-stars at 266, those rewards aren't quite flying in like they used to. I'm under less than 10 now that are still under Lv 257, so I've set BH on the 3 newest 3-stars (Elektra, Gambit, Angel). I've champed a fair number of dupes, but most of them are farrrrr from the point where they are chucking out LTs. Once they get far enough though, I will use the same system. 
  • Basepuzzler
    1. See family guy mystery box.

2. You get your LT faster.  But you don’t get any more LT’s.  You are giving up the possibility of raising one 4* higher both to use and to get the better champ rewards near 370 in order to have the privilege of getting a random 4* to 280 faster, and then 281.  When you pull the Mr F cover to get him to 281 after you BHed him to get to 270 faster are you happy or sad?  
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
     When you pull the Mr F cover to get him to 281 after you BHed him to get to 270 faster are you happy or sad?  
    You can switch your BH choice once you get the LT? As you are pulling LTs, you WILL pull non BH'd 4*s and they will get close to rewarding LTs on their own. The BH is just to focus the potential of pulling a character that will reward an LT and increase the chances of you getting the LT quicker. Ultimately, you'll want to advance ALL your 4*s across the board; but there is nothing stopping you from using the BH feature to advance a select cabal of your favorite 4*s to 370. 
  • Basepuzzler
     When you pull the Mr F cover to get him to 281 after you BHed him to get to 270 faster are you happy or sad?  
    You can switch your BH choice once you get the LT? As you are pulling LTs, you WILL pull non BH'd 4*s and they will get close to rewarding LTs on their own. The BH is just to focus the potential of pulling a character that will reward an LT and increase the chances of you getting the LT quicker. Ultimately, you'll want to advance ALL your 4*s across the board; but there is nothing stopping you from using the BH feature to advance a select cabal of your favorite 4*s to 370. 
    Right but you’ll get another cover from a non-BH pull or event rewards.